5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty Options (FCA vs Other)

RJS

Reaction score
Exactly - Autonation quoted $4100 for a 8/100k with a $100 deductible, so figure probably $2500 in profit margin. I specifically asked for a Mopar one when I called, they called me back with the Autonation and I asked her for Mopar again...never called me back. You'd think that they'd at least try to quote $2500 or something for a Mopar one and make some profit, but I guess wasn't worth their time...
Same here, my dealer was great about everything when I bought my 19 but they just wouldn't quote a Mopar warranty, they wanted me to buy their third party one for $4800. Told them no and bought a Mopar one 8/125/200 a couple months later for way less than 1/2 the price. Profit center obviously.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's surprising that they won't even give an FCA quote.

My wife and I recently bought her a Ford Ranger. The dealership offered my wife an extended warranty. She deferred to me and I asked if it was 3rd party or Ford. They told me they would sell me either one and gave me quotes for both. I told them no thank you and they pressed my wife to get one. I did a quick quote on my phone for a factory warranty through Ford (Ziegler sells Ford warranties also) showing him I could get it for $300 less than what he was offering. They said they wouldn't match it because they would lose money and we moved on.
they were NOT losing money, just not enough profit in it to suit them. ZEIGLER is surely not losing money discounting them......

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AutoNation dealers here in the Houston area also like to play the game where you show them the Ziegler price and they match it...then they throw in six free oil changes or even oil changes for life. Ive asked them if it is a genuine FCA MOPAR warranty and they look you in the eye stating it is better! Then when they quickly produce the paperwork for you to “immediately sign or the deal will expire”, you read the fine print to discover it is not an FCA MOPAR extended warranty. I’ve purchased vehicles from Autonation but have NEVER purchased an extended warranty from them.

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
ALWAYS get the Factory Extended Warranty. Third party is a scam. Just look at the BBB reports. Most f these 3rd party shams change their corporations and leave you out on your own without recourse.

parana6

Reaction score
i am on the market for a warranty, bought a 2020 Laramie back in September and I am inclined to get it thru ziegler. But I have installed a leveling kit on my truck already. Will this void the warranty or should i just remove it and get a lift kit thru mopar?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the Premier Care Extended Warranty handled through Allstate.
10yr/125K miles for $2710. Ziegler had the Mopar 8yr/100K for $2050. With
all the Extra Tech and Ecodiesel Replacement part costs, If I use it even once,
it very well may have paid for itself. (High Pressure Fuel Pump is $4500)

Malodave

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i am on the market for a warranty, bought a 2020 Laramie back in September and I am inclined to get it thru ziegler. But I have installed a leveling kit on my truck already. Will this void the warranty or should i just remove it and get a lift kit thru mopar?
Call them at Ziegler and be up front with them. They will give you their unbiased opinion based the the terms and conditions of the extended warranty. Then will ensure you you have sufficient information to make an informed decision.

coolidge

Reaction score
I went with a Ford PremiumCARE extended service plan on my 2021 Ram Rebel. The Ford plan covers more than the FCA plan, same plan Ford offers on Ford and backed by Ford. For you lift guys also covers up to a 4 inch lift. Covers all LED lighting (with addon rider). The dealer offered to sell me an FCA plan but stressed the Ford plan is simply better. This dealership sells Ford, Ram, and several other brands.

RJS

Reaction score
Call them at Ziegler and be up front with them. They will give you their unbiased opinion based the the terms and conditions of the extended warranty. Then will ensure you you have sufficient information to make an informed decision.
Best call as suggested here but FYI, my Mopar Service Contract states that failure of any component due to a lift kit exceeding 4 inches is not covered. That will be the gray area as you try to get them to cover a component when they say it's the lift kits fault. Even under it's possibly a urinary trajectory issue if they chose to not cover it. I know you can go to court but past 36/36 you are on a service contract not warranty so the Moss-Magneson rules probably don't apply.
It's always best to get what you hear from FCA in writing so you have backup. Ziegler is basically an informed source not FCA but it's prudent to ask anyway as they are also a dealer.

hyperx2002

Reaction score
I went with a Ford PremiumCARE extended service plan on my 2021 Ram Rebel. The Ford plan covers more than the FCA plan, same plan Ford offers on Ford and backed by Ford. For you lift guys also covers up to a 4 inch lift. Covers all LED lighting (with addon rider). The dealer offered to sell me an FCA plan but stressed the Ford plan is simply better. This dealership sells Ford, Ram, and several other brands.
Hello, what vehicle did you select when getting the quote. I don't see an option for Ram Trucks?

1607063791022.png

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys and gals, Zeigler is beyond awesome. Their customer service is tops, and their prices are probably the best out there for an official FCA warranty. Twice I purchased their 8/85 for my 2019 Ram and twice I canceled it with no issues and full refunds within a week (I simply couldn’t justify spending $1500 on a warranty I wasn’t even going to be using for two more years while the factory back to back warranty still applies.) I highly recommend Zeigler!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amen! Nobody and I mean nobody beats their service, ease of obtaining a low cost quote, ease of purchasing, and even ease of canceling an extended warranty than Zeigler at www.Chryslerfactoryplans.com.

I see we have a new sponsor for this site who sells FCA extended warranties and I checked their price. They will need to sharpen their pencils considerably to compete with Zeigler (8/85 $200 deductible Maxcare: Zeigler cost I paid in October was $1175 versus our sponsor’s cost of $1920!).

Last edited:

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Guys and gals, Zeigler is beyond awesome. Their customer service is tops, and their prices are probably the best out there for an official FCA warranty. Twice I purchased their 8/85 for my 2019 Ram and twice I canceled it with no issues and full refunds within a week (I simply couldn’t justify spending $1500 on a warranty I wasn’t even going to be using for two more years while the factory back to back warranty still applies.) I highly recommend Zeigler!
Did you end up with one???? I lost track! :)

coolidge

Reaction score
Hello, what vehicle did you select when getting the quote. I don't see an option for Ram Trucks?

View attachment 75648

The Zeigler quote tool won't let you get a Ford quote on a Ram. But I priced the same FCA plan for my Ram Rebel on Zeigler. The Zeigler FCA plan for my Ram Rebel is $395 less than what I paid at the dealer for the Ford Premium Care plan, but Ford is covering more stuff plus I added the LED lighting coverage. So it's close.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
The Zeigler quote tool won't let you get a Ford quote on a Ram. But I priced the same FCA plan for my Ram Rebel on Zeigler. The Zeigler FCA plan for my Ram Rebel is $395 less than what I paid at the dealer for the Ford Premium Care plan, but Ford is covering more stuff plus I added the LED lighting coverage. So it's close.
You have to call for a FORD quote on a MOPAR ESP. It can not be done online.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t fathom which anyone would consider a Ford extended warranty for their Ram. Sure, they may warranty the vehicle but I would assume it would be to their benefit on down the road to deny as many claims as possible hoping you’ll trade it in on a Ford rather than deal with having to pay out of pocket for a major expense (because they denied the claim). Maybe I’m reading more into it than I should...

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Can’t fathom which anyone would consider a Ford extended warranty for their Ram. Sure, they may warranty the vehicle but I would assume it would be to their benefit on down the road to deny as many claims as possible hoping you’ll trade it in on a Ford rather than deal with having to pay out of pocket for a major expense (because they denied the claim). Maybe I’m reading more into it than I should...
"Pay less, Get less" No rational for going with Ford if this at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread