5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty Options (FCA vs Other)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"I'll lose money" seems to be a common phrase. Don't believe anything they tell you.

I just traded in my wife's SUV and got her a new truck. Negotiating the trade-in was the hardest part surprisingly. "The market is saturated", "We can't get as much as we used to for used vehicles", "I can't go that high or I'll lose money". I fought and clawed for the last $500 on the trade-in and 3 days later it was for sale on their lot...for 250% of what they gave me for the trade-in.

Chrysler has been offering extended warranties for longer than I can remember. 8 years (125K miles) is the longest you can go since they stopped offering the lifetime ones about 2 years ago. I went with 7 years so I could get unlimited miles as I was close to 30K miles a years pre-COVID.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Bought my Chrysler Maxcare 7yr/125K Warranty, 7yr/Unlimited mile Chrysler Tire/Wheel Warranty and 5yr/Unlimited Auto Care Plus Warranty off Ziegler (chryslerfactoryplans.com). Best deal as usual compared with all the other online sellers of the warranties. Used the PAYINFULL code for $365 off. Paid $1900 for the Maxcare, $375 for the Tire/Wheel and $545 for the Auto Care Plus ($2820 all-in). This was my second time purchasing the warranties online directly through Ziegler.

doradosteve

Reaction score
Bought my Chrysler Maxcare 7yr/125K Warranty, 7yr/Unlimited mile Chrysler Tire/Wheel Warranty and 5yr/Unlimited Auto Care Plus Warranty off Ziegler (chryslerfactoryplans.com). Best deal as usual compared with all the other online sellers of the warranties. Used the PAYINFULL code for $365 off. Paid $1900 for the Maxcare, $375 for the Tire/Wheel and $545 for the Auto Care Plus ($2820 all-in). This was my second time purchasing the warranties online directly through Ziegler.

What am I missing here? This quote is nearly double in price. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.39.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.39.52 PM.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 52

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that quote from Ziegler’s website? I went to their site and the same plan is $2690 before the discount. With the discount the price is $2325.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Is that quote from Ziegler’s website? I went to their site and the same plan is $2690 before the discount. With the discount the price is $2325.

I added the screenshot and when you use the PAYINFULL code after selecting your plan, you'll see that the 7yr/125K I purchased is still $1900 as depicted in the screenshot I attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-02 075524.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-02 075524.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct...you have $200 deductible chosen and my quote was based upon $100 deductible. However, Doradosteve appears to be full price and perhaps not from Ziegler.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Correct...you have $200 deductible chosen and my quote was based upon $100 deductible. However, Doradosteve appears to be full price and perhaps not from Ziegler.

Yes I bought the $200 deductible because the price difference between the $200 and $100 deductible is $425 ($2325-$1900) so you'd have to send your truck in 5 separate times for warranty items after the 3/36K B2B is over to make your money back and in my experience of owning several FCA vehicles, I've never had to take a vehicle in more than 3 times (each was a small issue) and that happened only once but others may have difference experiences. $0 deductible is $3430 so $1530 more than the$200 deductible so you'd be looking at taking your vehicle in 16 time to make it worth it.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

I looked closer at your screenshot and I see the problem. You're a FL resident? If so, FL makes you pay full retail for the warranty. See the below FAQ from chrylserfactoryplans.com site. Also, the Florida State Insurance Commission requires warranties be sold at FULL retail since that is the law in FL. If you're military or have a residence in another state, you could register it there and not be screwed by the FL law.

Q: Can Florida residents purchase extended service warranties online from us?
A: Yes, because Zeigler Auto Group is licensed (Number W300391) to sell Mopar warranties in Florida. Florida residents can only purchase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans at Mopar retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida. Our licensed is viewable at: www.myfloridacfo.com

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great catch!!! And my sympathies for the poor folks in Florida! I’d be looking to change the members out on the Commission to eliminate this ridiculous regulation.

doradosteve

Reaction score
Thanks guys- that's the power of the forum!

I am in Florida. While I was seriously considering the extended warranty. At $3,600 I think that I will take my chances?

U

User_3336

Florida has different laws regarding extended warranties.

doradosteve

Reaction score
DOUBLE IN PRICE COMPARED TO . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My quote at $3625 is nearly double in price of Sir Ramcelot's Maxcare 7yr/125k @ $1900

U

User_3336

Just bought a 7Yr/60K Mile FCA MaxCare from Ziegler for $745. Thanks guy's. The info on here was terrific.

Ron
Awesome price! Hope you took advantage of the promo code "PAYINFULL" for the Extra $365 off. Its been floating around in the forum for a while. Given the price, looks like you did.

TruckFirst

Reaction score
Just wanted to send out a thank you to the folks on this forum. I recently moved back to the US after many years overseas, so wasn't clued up on the extended warranty game. Bought my used Ram at a Buick dealer but got sold a 3rd party warranty.

After reading this chat, I figured out that not only was the 3rd party likely to leave me in the lurch if I ever had a problem, but I also paid way more than I should have. I called Ziegler as suggested here - $1910 for a 8 yr/100k with $200 deductible. Even after losing several hundred on the prorated refund and another several hundred on tax (which isn't refundable), I still came out ahead, and with a Mopar warranty instead of 3rd party.

Just as a comparison check I called up the local Ram dealer to price up a Mopar warranty - they called me right back and pushed their Autonation warranty, wouldn't even quote me for a Mopar one even though they're a FCA dealer!

Thanks again all!

U

User_3336

Just wanted to send out a thank you to the folks on this forum. I recently moved back to the US after many years overseas, so wasn't clued up on the extended warranty game. Bought my used Ram at a Buick dealer but got sold a 3rd party warranty.

After reading this chat, I figured out that not only was the 3rd party likely to leave me in the lurch if I ever had a problem, but I also paid way more than I should have. I called Ziegler as suggested here - $1910 for a 8 yr/100k with $200 deductible. Even after losing several hundred on the prorated refund and another several hundred on tax (which isn't refundable), I still came out ahead, and with a Mopar warranty instead of 3rd party.

Just as a comparison check I called up the local Ram dealer to price up a Mopar warranty - they called me right back and pushed their Autonation warranty, wouldn't even quote me for a Mopar one even though they're a FCA dealer!

Thanks again all!

GO ZEIGLER! :)

Your dealer pushed AUTONATION instead of MOPAR because their profit margin was M U C H higher!

TruckFirst

Reaction score
Exactly - Autonation quoted $4100 for a 8/100k with a $100 deductible, so figure probably $2500 in profit margin. I specifically asked for a Mopar one when I called, they called me back with the Autonation and I asked her for Mopar again...never called me back. You'd think that they'd at least try to quote $2500 or something for a Mopar one and make some profit, but I guess wasn't worth their time...

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's surprising that they won't even give an FCA quote.

My wife and I recently bought her a Ford Ranger. The dealership offered my wife an extended warranty. She deferred to me and I asked if it was 3rd party or Ford. They told me they would sell me either one and gave me quotes for both. I told them no thank you and they pressed my wife to get one. I did a quick quote on my phone for a factory warranty through Ford (Ziegler sells Ford warranties also) showing him I could get it for $300 less than what he was offering. They said they wouldn't match it because they would lose money and we moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread