5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended fender flares for Rebel?

YngwieL

Reaction score
That looks like about the poke I have from the Boras. And you're right, it does make it look mean. I see you also did the Vararam. How are you liking it? And difference in sound and/or performance?
Has a nice sound, don't notice any mpg gain.. throttle has a bit more pep in it's step..but it's hard to tell as I also have the pedalMax installed..

Last edited:

YngwieL

Reaction score
Well, got the BW fender flares painted, and installed..and I must say...I am pretty impressed..looks better then I imagined, especially when all I had to go by as far as looks, it via BW website..the Black goes perfectly with the lower section of the truck, and the wheels..wanted to stay away from the typical painting to match the primary truck color..was getting dark out, so the camera did the auto make it brighter then it really is shenanigans, in person it looks way better then the pictures represent.. everybody at my work think it looks awesome..

Attachments

• 20201226_110720_2.jpg
    20201226_110720_2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

frybel

Reaction score
Well, got the BW fender flares painted, and installed..and I must say...I am pretty impressed..looks better then I imagined, especially when all I had to go by as far as looks, it via BW website..the Black goes perfectly with the lower section of the truck, and the wheels..wanted to stay away from the typical painting to match the primary truck color..was getting dark out, so the camera did the auto make it brighter then it really is shenanigans, in person it looks way better then the pictures represent.. everybody at my work think it looks awesome..
That looks AWESOME!! Do you have any pics from straight on front/rear? I want to see how much your wheels fill out. I'm thinking these fenders with a poke out to the very edge would be sick. Also, are they just matte black from the factory?

YngwieL

Reaction score
That looks AWESOME!! Do you have any pics from straight on front/rear? I want to see how much your wheels fill out. I'm thinking these fenders with a poke out to the very edge would be sick. Also, are they just matte black from the factory?
from the factory, they are a matte black.. here are a couple i took here at work today..

Attachments

• 20210105_073048.jpg
    20210105_073048.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 347
  • 20210105_073106.jpg
    20210105_073106.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

21TRX

Reaction score
ProComp Series 46 Prodigy 18x9" Øffset > Mopar flaps > 275/70 Duratrac > 2.5" track increase > NØ rub (y) IMG_20200112_140920830_HDR.jpg IMG_20191204_103927804.jpg

YngwieL

Reaction score
👍
do you think your offset is enough to fill the new fenders?
I actually like the way they fill it in, kinda aligns them up with the lower part of the fender pretty good, to prevent them evil rocks from slapping into the side of the truck. going from the stock +35 offset to a -18 offset, moves the tire sidewall out an additional 2.49" from the stock position. so overall, I am increasing the stance by 5"

YngwieL

Reaction score
Thanks man, do you have more pictures?
here are a couple pictures I took here at work, looking straight down the fender flare, to the tire so you can see how the tire sits compared to the fender flare.

Attachments

• 20210121_101229.jpg
    20210121_101229.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 20210121_101245.jpg
    20210121_101245.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 234

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
Right forgot about the front facia, I think OTG concept parts will show up in Mopar catalog later this year, including the bumper.

Edit: so I was browsing last night and saw this fella, he has a Rebel that he painted the bumpers and seem to have flares from Bushwacker.

Has anyone been able to find out what fender flares these are? I like the look and they are more aligned with the fender contour compared to the BW flares.

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
Has anyone tried some of these and just trimmed and reshaped the front corners? Seems like a hot blade and a heat gun could shorten the front enough to line it up correctly and you wouldn’t run into one of the faux bolts.
One other question or option would be to try flares made for the 2018 model. The red one on YouTube looks like he is using the 2018 models. You can see that they don’t cut into the panel groves and it’s more of a straight line. I’ve seen someone use a cheap 2018 set and they worked on the rear but I didn’t get pictures of the front.
F6C397EF-6912-47E0-BFE9-8C4B44F76BDF.png

YngwieL

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find out what fender flares these are? I like the look and they are more aligned with the fender contour compared to the BW flares.
not sure what you mean, when you're essentially saying BW flares don't align with the fender contours that good.. I think they align up perfectly, cant really align any better then they already are imho.

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
not sure what you mean, when you're essentially saying BW flares don't align with the fender contours that good.. I think they align up perfectly, cant really align any better then they already are imho.
I am referring to the front of the BW flare where it ends at the bumper. It’s a tad bulky compared to the other flare on the red Rebel. With how much the front end slopes down, the bulk ones of the flare seems a bit off. Not going to lie, with no other options, I’m most likely pulling the trigger on the BW and just have them paint matched to blend in with the fender.

YngwieL

Reaction score
I am referring to the front of the BW flare where it ends at the bumper. It’s a tad bulky compared to the other flare on the red Rebel. With how much the front end slopes down, the bulk ones of the flare seems a bit off. Not going to lie, with no other options, I’m most likely pulling the trigger on the BW and just have them paint matched to blend in with the fender.
ahh, i took a picture of mine, to kind of compare.. its more of a close up i guess (think this is the area you're referring to).. hope this helps. cant really get a good shot of the red one from the same angle

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 163

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
ahh, i took a picture of mine, to kind of compare.. its more of a close up i guess (think this is the area you're referring to).. hope this helps. cant really get a good shot of the red one from the same angle
Yes, that is the spot I’m referring to but more around the space between the flare and the edge of the headlight. On the red one it looks like a more narrow flare as it approaches the bumper. Now that I see yours painted, I am starting to like the look more. I think you have posted other side shots and I will need to go find those. Like I said before, I’m going to end up pulling the trigger on these.
One other question, can you send a pic of the rear flare? Did you have to remove the bottom plastic trim in front of and behind the rear wheel. Thank you!

YngwieL

Reaction score
Yes, that is the spot I’m referring to but more around the space between the flare and the edge of the headlight. On the red one it looks like a more narrow flare as it approaches the bumper. Now that I see yours painted, I am starting to like the look more. I think you have posted other side shots and I will need to go find those. Like I said before, I’m going to end up pulling the trigger on these.
One other question, can you send a pic of the rear flare? Did you have to remove the bottom plastic trim in front of and behind the rear wheel. Thank you!
I did have to remove the factory plastic pcs in front, and in back of them.

Users who are viewing this thread