5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended fender flares for Rebel?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
No they're not cheap and they're pretty big so I agree that they might not look "proper" with the stock tires. Also being that size they would need a cutout for the gas tank which I think will look weird too. Funny that the Mopar flares mentioned on the first page of this thread won't fit a Rebel. They have them on the OTG Rebel and they don't look modified: https://www.motortrend.com/features...1500-rebel-off-the-grid-camping-trip/?slide=2

There's also a few Mopar parts websites that list them fitting the Rebel. Here's one: https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-fender-flares-set-of-four-82215284ab?c=az0x

I sent an email long ago to a few of these places asking if they'll fit a Rebel and not one of them replied to me.

976-HIKE

Reaction score
The wheels needed to sit flush with those flares might not exist. They look bad with the stock offset.

TML_REBEL

Reaction score
No they're not cheap and they're pretty big so I agree that they might not look "proper" with the stock tires. Also being that size they would need a cutout for the gas tank which I think will look weird too. Funny that the Mopar flares mentioned on the first page of this thread won't fit a Rebel. They have them on the OTG Rebel and they don't look modified: https://www.motortrend.com/features...1500-rebel-off-the-grid-camping-trip/?slide=2

There's also a few Mopar parts websites that list them fitting the Rebel. Here's one: https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-fender-flares-set-of-four-82215284ab?c=az0x

I sent an email long ago to a few of these places asking if they'll fit a Rebel and not one of them replied to me.
Do you know how much wider the mopar fenders are than stock?

HydroRebel

Reaction score

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't seen them in person but in all the pics I've seen they seem to be around the same width as the stock flares, maybe slightly wider.

One thing I find puzzling for the Mopar off-road flares is this: "Cannot be used on vehicles that come from the factory with wheel well moldings and can not be used to replace factory wheel well moldings."

I realize the stock ones have clips in addition to bolt mounting and the off-road ones don't have the clips. So assuming for a minute that these flares are the proper size they should just bolt right up using the same holes in the wheel well the same way that every other flare installs. The other holes for the clips won't be used but they'll be covered up by the flare. What am I missing here?

Last edited:

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
Facepalm on the BW flares...waaaay too big and bulky looking from the picture they presented. Who's going to be the test mule and buy a set?

HydroRebel

Reaction score

These DO NOT FIT THE REBEL. The front flare goes past the end of the fender onto the bumper.
I know..I tried a set out at the dealer...they didn't believe...so I proved them wrong!!

Yeah I can see that now. If you look at the OTG Rebel the clue is the first faux bolt near the fender. It looks like they were trimmed an inch or so. That's no bother to me though nothing a dremel won't cure. My curiosity is still with the "won't fit vehicles already equipped with factory flares" part.

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
You are correct..nothing lines up with the factory mounting points. And where you trim it is right at the one of the mounting holes and the fake rivets. I don't care abut modifying them to fit either, but nothing lines up.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
You are correct..nothing lines up with the factory mounting points. And where you trim it is right at the one of the mounting holes and the fake rivets. I don't care abut modifying them to fit either, but nothing lines up.

Wow really nothing lines up? That would be an easy fix to drill new holes but covering up the old holes would be a challenge. Sounds like it's best to forget about these.

CHILDOFDIRT

Reaction score

C0E1F1A9-87A1-4ACE-A418-8BEC322865C3.png

CHILDOFDIRT

Reaction score
Yeah I can see that now. If you look at the OTG Rebel the clue is the first faux bolt near the fender. It looks like they were trimmed an inch or so. That's no bother to me though nothing a dremel won't cure. My curiosity is still with the "won't fit vehicles already equipped with factory flares" part.
Check out these fender flares they look alright. Just do t like the bolts50936-02

Jimshaf

Reaction score
Facepalm on the BW flares...waaaay too big and bulky looking from the picture they presented. Who's going to be the test mule and buy a set?
I just ordered a set. I am going to have them painted to match. I have Fuel wheels and 35" Nitto tires, so they already stick out past the stock flares, which I already had painted to match. Not a fan of the matte black.

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
Post up a picture when they are all done. I agree, they look horrible in matte black, they might be better color matched.

YngwieL

Reaction score
I went and ordered a set of the bushwackers as well.. got them in the paint shop now, and am having them paint them to match the "Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat" that runs along the bottom of my Rebel, not the "Granite Crystal Metallic" that is the primary color... I replaced the stock 18" wheels with some 20" XD wheels with -18 offset, and some 305/55/20 K02 tires.. picture is just my dirty truck in the garage with one of the new tires on only.. putting in a level kit..

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

frybel

Reaction score
I went and ordered a set of the bushwackers as well.. got them in the paint shop now, and am having them paint them to match the "Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat" that runs along the bottom of my Rebel, not the "Granite Crystal Metallic" that is the primary color... I replaced the stock 18" wheels with some 20" XD wheels with -18 offset, and some 305/55/20 K02 tires.. picture is just my dirty truck in the garage with one of the new tires on only.. putting in a level kit..
YngwieL, that wheel/tire combo looks sick! How much does the -18 offset poke out past the stock fenders? I've had 2" Boras on my truck for a while now, and I love the poke, but kinda wish I had gone with 3". The 2" sticks out about 1" from the stock fenders. Just wondering if 3" would even be enough with the BW flares. Can't wait to see pics from you and Jimshaf once everything is installed!

Mendezw

Reaction score
YngwieL, that wheel/tire combo looks sick! How much does the -18 offset poke out past the stock fenders? I've had 2" Boras on my truck for a while now, and I love the poke, but kinda wish I had gone with 3". The 2" sticks out about 1" from the stock fenders. Just wondering if 3" would even be enough with the BW flares. Can't wait to see pics from you and Jimshaf once everything is installed!

My Rig has has -18 wheels with 35x12.5R20 Toyo RTs and I have about a .5 inch poke past the stock fender flares. The only reason that haven’t ordered the BW fender flares is because they would poke out 1.5 inches past my tires and that’s not the look I’m going for.

I want flush, which is what the MOPAR fender flares provided on my ‘17 with the same offset.

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
If MOPAR could just make the same set like above that fit the REBEL fender like they do the Laramie and Big Horn fenders. I like the look of them, but they don't fit. Was pondering the idea of ordering a set from the NEW TRX to see if they fit? But not in stock yet at the dealership.

YngwieL

Reaction score
Mine poke out past the stock fender flares about 2 inches..that to the side of the sidewall of the tire, not the tread.. the stock fender flares is about 3/4 of an inch wide..so I figure the BW cover about 2.6 inches, so it should even out.. the way it is now, with the stock, it looks pretty tough with the added 2" of poke. Forgot to add, that if you have the OEM mud flaps, the outside corner of the tire will rub them.. I just removed them, and it gives you the clearance you need for no rubbing on the mud flap. I also added a picture of the right rear tire and how it compares to the mud flap with the stock tire.
20201211_154823.jpg

Attachments

• 20201211_154653.jpg
    20201211_154653.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 20201211_154511.jpg
    20201211_154511.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 20201211_155228.jpg
    20201211_155228.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 20201211_154838.jpg
    20201211_154838.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 20201206_150953.jpg
    20201206_150953.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

frybel

Reaction score
Mine poke out past the stock fender flares about 2 inches..that to the side of the sidewall of the tire, not the tread.. the stock fender flares is about 3/4 of an inch wide..so I figure the BW cover about 2.6 inches, so it should even out.. the way it is now, with the stock, it looks pretty tough with the added 2" of poke. Forgot to add, that if you have the OEM mud flaps, the outside corner of the tire will rub them.. I just removed them, and it gives you the clearance you need for no rubbing on the mud flap. I also added a picture of the right rear tire and how it compares to the mud flap with the stock tire.
View attachment 76390
That looks like about the poke I have from the Boras. And you're right, it does make it look mean. I see you also did the Vararam. How are you liking it? And difference in sound and/or performance?

Users who are viewing this thread