5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

James2019RAMLIMITED

Reaction score
It's just what i wanted. Not overly loud but get on it an you is definitely heard. Not obnoxious like the straight pipes. I have it paired with the S&B intake and they sound awesome. Im going on a short trip to Florida and cant wait to play around on the interstate. I might eventually remove the resonators.
Great thanks for the info on the exhaust and the intake because I had already planned on getting the S&B. Have you noticed any gains?

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Great thanks for the info on the exhaust and the intake because I had already planned on getting the S&B. Have you noticed any gains?
Definitely throttle response. I don’t know about true hp gains. I have done a test this week and driving around with the plexiglass cover off. Makes it a lot louder. And the temp change is very minimal. So I might leave it off cause the sound is awesome.

bazbob

Reaction score
How much does the stock muffler and 2 resonators weigh? I'm wondering about getting a payload increase with the right cat back

jbsbama

Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations on what to do with my stock exhaust after replacing it with the Mopar Performance Cat Back? It came off a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited and is the complete system i.e. no cutting was needed to remove it. BTW, I love the Mopar Cat Back and I highly recommend it. I would compare it to the Borla S Type but cleaner and deeper.

Can I resell it? Can I recycle it locally as scrap for some cash? Or is it worthless and will go to a dump?

bazbob

Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations on what to do with my stock exhaust after replacing it with the Mopar Performance Cat Back? It came off a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited and is the complete system i.e. no cutting was needed to remove it. BTW, I love the Mopar Cat Back and I highly recommend it. I would compare it to the Borla S Type but cleaner and deeper.

Can I resell it? Can I recycle it locally as scrap for some cash? Or is it worthless and will go to a dump?
Is there anyway you could please weigh it?? I'd really like to know how heavy stock is because I know that the entire Borla Touring cat back ships @ 55lbs

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Someone bought mine for like 50 on Facebook marketplace

DTenGil

Reaction score
I'm looking at either a Borla type-s or Magnaflow for my 2019 HEMI. Local performance shop quoted me $2500 then came down to $2150 for a new custom Magnaflow system. Replace everything tips to downpipe. All stainless, lifetime guarantee, ect. Anything cracks, they'll fix it for free. still, this seems ridiculously expensive. am I wrong? shop has excellent reputation and I get it's custom work, but wouldn't I be just as well off with the full Borla type-s exhaust?

on that note, a coworker that races as a hobby says he'll install the borla for me for at cost. he seems to know his stuff, and while his tig welding might not be on par with the professional, I'm confident in his work. especially for 1k less.

what do yall think?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at either a Borla type-s or Magnaflow for my 2019 HEMI. Local performance shop quoted me $2500 then came down to $2150 for a new custom Magnaflow system. Replace everything tips to downpipe. All stainless, lifetime guarantee, ect. Anything cracks, they'll fix it for free. still, this seems ridiculously expensive. am I wrong? shop has excellent reputation and I get it's custom work, but wouldn't I be just as well off with the full Borla type-s exhaust?

on that note, a coworker that races as a hobby says he'll install the borla for me for at cost. he seems to know his stuff, and while his tig welding might not be on par with the professional, I'm confident in his work. especially for 1k less.

what do yall think?
If you go with a Borla cat-back system, there's no welding required.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

what do yall think?

If this is US dollars that pricing seems exorbitant. I’d buy a catback system and either install it yourself or have a buddy do it.

Here’s my step by step process to remove the factory and install a catback system. Watch the process, it’s not $1k in work. It’s super easy and completely manageable in your garage or driveway.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I had mine installed by a local shop for $100 and that was two hours on the ramp because I forgot the exhaust clamps at home. LOL. It’s an hour of labor at worst. Longest part was trying to line them up evenly.

kipeharris

Reaction score
After my terrible experience, I posted about earlier in this thread. I finally decided to do something about the minimal drone with my Borla ProXS w/ resonator delete. After weeks of research, I finally decided to go with a Vibrant 3" ultra-quiet resonator. It made a huge difference in the cab drone around 1800-2500 RPM and my cold starts are not nearly as loud HOWEVER the MDS drone is still horrible and sounds like a rice burner.... Any ideas about the MDS drone besides deactivating MDS or stock exhaust?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After my terrible experience, I posted about earlier in this thread. I finally decided to do something about the minimal drone with my Borla ProXS w/ resonator delete. After weeks of research, I finally decided to go with a Vibrant 3" ultra-quiet resonator. It made a huge difference in the cab drone around 1800-2500 RPM and my cold starts are not nearly as loud HOWEVER the MDS drone is still horrible and sounds like a rice burner.... Any ideas about the MDS drone besides deactivating MDS or stock exhaust?

You've had a rough go of it for sure. I'm just shocked it's so bad. The oem resonators do that much? I left mine in and I can barely tell the difference when MDS is active.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I'm 2 weeks into owning my 2020 limited with the all black package, 3.92 gears,33 gallon tank. Coming from a 2013 Tahoe LTZ, this Ram blows the doors off my Tahoe in every category. I'm looking at CORSA cat back sport exhaust. Corsa supposedly has ZERO drone.
I am all about GM owning a 2000 WS6 with a big cam, 95 TA, and my 19 SIerra Denali, we just bought a 16 SCat Pack and just WOW... it has safety features my Denali should have at 65k.That started me looking into the Limiteds, I will be getting one real soon, I feel it coming...

screamin chicken

Reaction score
So I was planning on leaving my exhaust stock on this truck, but...the Hemi just needs more sound. I am just wanting more rumble, NO DRONE. The last Ram I had with exhaust had 2 chamber Flowmasters and it droned like crazy! So I swore off of Flowmasters. Haven't used them since. I am more of a Magnaflow guy. What do you guys run? I am open to anything, except Flowmaster.
I did a mid pipe delete to my 16 SCat Pack and it sounds awesome without paying 1k for an exhaust. I am not sure it the trucks are the same...

ghost796

Reaction score
A bit off topic sorry guys...but has anyone noticed issues with their active noise cancelling after an exhaust upgrade? I have a Borla Atak installed and when I'm constantly noticing a whining/vibration noise at certain RPMs in the cabin. At first I thought maybe something was loose but the sound is not directional. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the ANC.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I’ve had several exhausts in mine and yet to experience this. I think there was a posting about someone having problems with their ANC from the factory. Maybe take it in and have the dealership check on that ?

STR

Reaction score
A bit off topic sorry guys...but has anyone noticed issues with their active noise cancelling after an exhaust upgrade? I have a Borla Atak installed and when I'm constantly noticing a whining/vibration noise at certain RPMs in the cabin. At first I thought maybe something was loose but the sound is not directional. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the ANC.

Are you referring to the multi-displacement system (MDS)- cylinder deactivation? If so, it’s barely audible w/the Borla S-Types. Nonetheless, I have not noticed any whining/vibration w/the exhaust mod.

ghost796

Reaction score
Are you referring to the multi-displacement system (MDS)- cylinder deactivation? If so, it’s barely audible w/the Borla S-Types. Nonetheless, I have not noticed any whining/vibration w/the exhaust mod.

Hmm...I never thought about it but yeah I suppose it could also be the MDS. It's only for about a second or two when you are accelerating moderately hard. I'd say it's at the 4,000 to 5,000 range. Annoying AF. I will bypass the ANC tonight and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, then it may be the MDS.

Users who are viewing this thread