5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

STR

Reaction score
^^^ Obviously everyone makes decisions that they’d think is best. Hasta la vista (y)
28897141-FDB7-4D03-8C30-420DE1DFE84F.gif

Gozar

Reaction score
I ordered the Borla Pro XS 40353, found it under $80 with a coupon, and plan to leave my resonators on for now.
Since a number of folks have this muffler I have to think it will fit my 2019 Big Horn. Local muffler shop quoted me around $100 for install, looking forward to some improved sound.

Last edited:

Czcon12

Reaction score
I ordered the Borla Pro XS 40353, found it under $80 with a coupon, and plan to leave my resonators on for now.
Since a number of folks have this muffler I have to think it will fit my 2019 Big Horn. Local muffler shop quoted me around $100 for install, looking forward to some improved sound.
Where did you get it and the coupon? And 3 inch on both sides is what is used for 5th gen's?

Gozar

Reaction score
Where did you get it and the coupon? And 3 inch on both sides is what is used for 5th gen's?
Performance Truck Products, they had the coupon on their site. btw - Amzn has it for $86 right now
Yes, 3" both sides and offset/offset. I hope it is what fits, many folks in here have used the 40353 so I believe it will fit.
I will find out in a few hours :unsure:

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the Borla Atak installed over the weekend... LOVE IT! Its nice and loud but not obnoxious, you only hear it when you get on the gas more than what's normally required to get going and there is absolutely no drone on the highway or while in MDS.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Have fun with it and I’m glad you’re enjoying what you’ve paid for. :)

Gozar

Reaction score
Around 30 min to install, so they only charged me $60.
Sounds great, I will most likely leave the resonators on, but I might plug the weep holes.
You can tell when MDS kicks in, not bothersome but a change in sound.
I am happy!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was planning on leaving my exhaust stock on this truck, but...the Hemi just needs more sound. I am just wanting more rumble, NO DRONE. The last Ram I had with exhaust had 2 chamber Flowmasters and it droned like crazy! So I swore off of Flowmasters. Haven't used them since. I am more of a Magnaflow guy. What do you guys run? I am open to anything, except Flowmaster.
I might get a 20" magnaflow for myself...less drone with a good time!

Czcon12

Reaction score
Around 30 min to install, so they only charged me $60.
Sounds great, I will most likely leave the resonators on, but I might plug the weep holes.
You can tell when MDS kicks in, not bothersome but a change in sound.
I am happy!
Awesome, I guess I should order mine then.

shurik74

Reaction score
On Monday received Borla S-type... Installation took 1.5hrs, love the sound but feel sorry for my good people neighbors though :) I hope they won't hate me!

STR

Reaction score
^^^ No way around the cold start, but just feather the throttle while driving through the neighborhood and you’ll be fine. Surprisingly, the tone gets deeper with a couple hundred miles on it (y)

Gozar

Reaction score
So where are the actual weep holes in the resonators?
i think I am going to plug them.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So where are the actual weep holes in the resonators?
i think I am going to plug them.
theyre on the bottom on both ends of each res. Here's a thread that shows where they are and what they look like when plugged (it's post #2):

Gozar

Reaction score
theyre on the bottom on both ends of each res. Here's a thread that shows where they are and what they look like when plugged (it's post #2):
Perfect, thanks!

Moparluver

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a new proud owner of our second 2019 1500. One is my wife's and this one is mine. I bought this one used. The previous owner deleted the muffler. It sounds great! I love the tone.. quite intoxicating.. but it's just too loud on startup. So we have a stock one, and one with a muffler delete side by side.. I'd like to be somewhere right in the middle of the two with volume.
What would you suggest?

My guess is if I were to rate the sounds volume like this:
It sounds to me like if stock is 1/10
and the muffler delete is a 7/10
My guess is that the 14" magnaflow muffler would be somewhere around 2/10 from the sound clips I've heard.
What muffler would be right between stock and the muffler delete? the pypes one I hear about? or the maybe the borla?

PSA - I'm in a unique position now to help those that are curious.
I had the 14" magnaflow installed, and I can compare side by side with my wifes truck with factory exhaust
On a scale of 1-10 - 10 being old fashioned straightpipes - no cats, and 0 being silent
Stock is 1/10
14" magnaflow is a 3/10 (it may get a little louder over time, but with it brand new, this is how i'd rate it)
Muffler delete is 7/10

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I am not sure if this is an issue with any other exhaust but the Borla cat back hits the trackbar bracket that comes with the Maxtrac 2/4 kit. This makes it extremely hard to get the driver side tip even remotely aligned and if you install the exhaust with the suspension unloaded it will push that pipe off of your hanger. I'd recommend either backing the truck onto ramps or use a drive on lift to install so you can adjust the exhaust with the suspension loaded. I was not able to get it perfect even using ramps.... I believe the hanger on that side needs to be bent out towards the tire in order for it to perfectly aligned. I am going to take it to a local exhaust shop and have them fix it since I don't have the tools to bend the hangers Borla used.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
It's just what i wanted. Not overly loud but get on it an you is definitely heard. Not obnoxious like the straight pipes. I have it paired with the S&B intake and they sound awesome. Im going on a short trip to Florida and cant wait to play around on the interstate. I might eventually remove the resonators.

Users who are viewing this thread