5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm...I never thought about it but yeah I suppose it could also be the MDS. It's only for about a second or two when you are accelerating moderately hard. I'd say it's at the 4,000 to 5,000 range. Annoying AF. I will bypass the ANC tonight and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, then it may be the MDS.
It won’t be MDS under acceleration.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Mine makes a drone around 2800 to 3500 under hard acceleration. It’s gone after/before that, though! Haven’t bothered messing with the ANC yet.

Dahknes

Reaction score
It's just what i wanted. Not overly loud but get on it an you is definitely heard. Not obnoxious like the straight pipes. I have it paired with the S&B intake and they sound awesome. Im going on a short trip to Florida and cant wait to play around on the interstate. I might eventually remove the resonators.

Hey, was this the cut and clamp for 2019? I'm picking up a 2020 rebel and loved my 2017 night with the competitor series muffler. Wish I could reuse it but different setup. I just don't want to cut the pipe if I don't have to. I know plenty of other options but this brand sounds great. Thanks!

Night Rebel

Reaction score
To delete the resonators or not? That is the question. I’m looking at the b2 fabrications deletes. Looks easy but im definitely hesitant to cut on my own.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Is the mopar exhaust loud? I have a x3 m40i and I wake my neighbors up at 4am daily. Would prefer the ram to be a bit more quiet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any reason in particular you guys prefer to go with the direct fit mufflers vs just buying a muffler and getting it welded in? Saving $100+ and not having to do the work myself was more than worth it to me.
For me, I decided for the bolt on Borla ATAK because it was engineered to all work and flow for the sound I was looking for. I couldn't find just the ATAK muffler for sale by itself. I wanted loud, but also no drone, and this is definitely just that. Going to an exhaust shop and having a muffler welded on and different tips or resonator delete and you just never know how it's going to sound, or how the drone will be until after you pay for it and drive away. Then it's too late.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is the mopar exhaust loud? I have a x3 m40i and I wake my neighbors up at 4am daily. Would prefer the ram to be a bit more quiet.
If that is the case, then you don’t want the Mopar. Upon initial start it really lets you know you have a “ man’s “ truck and then it idles down quickly.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Well it is official, my Borla 40353 is on the way. Should be here next weekend and I cannot wait to get it installed. Read from another member on a different thread, I think, that he had the dealership swap his catback for him when he got his new truck. My dealership kind of owes me one, so I think I am going to try to squeeze a set of rear wheelwell liners and see if they will do the muffler install as well.
Just read all 12 pages of this thread, and I immoderately purchased the same Borla 40353 from Amazon. I was looking at the B2 Fab ones, but for $100 and maybe another $100 for install... No brainer! Thanks for all the videos! Do you still love it???

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Just read all 12 pages of this thread, and I immoderately purchased the same Borla 40353 from Amazon. I was looking at the B2 Fab ones, but for $100 and maybe another $100 for install... No brainer! Thanks for all the videos! Do you still love it???
I do love it. I do however wonder if I would like it more with the resonators removed. I'm afraid I would go from liking it to it being too loud, but I am considering it. For the money though, my best investment on this truck so far.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Solo Performance Muffler? Anyone have this exhaust on there truck?
yeah i ran their muffler delete off amazon right when i got my truck. it was good quality, two pieces but zero leaks anywhere. I liked it but it was too loud with the resonator deletes as well

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
I do love it. I do however wonder if I would like it more with the resonators removed. I'm afraid I would go from liking it to it being too loud, but I am considering it. For the money though, my best investment on this truck so far.
Did you plug the "weep" holes? If so, did it make a difference?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Did you plug the "weep" holes? If so, did it make a difference?
I did before I did a sound clip. So I unfortunately have nothing to compare it to for a before and after. If you haven't seen the videos of my sound clips on my YouTube channel, that might help. It is the same as my username on here. But yes, front and back weep holes are plugged on the resonators.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm in the exact same boat lol. You go first and let me know how it goes.
:ROFLMAO:

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
I did before I did a sound clip. So I unfortunately have nothing to compare it to for a before and after. If you haven't seen the videos of my sound clips on my YouTube channel, that might help. It is the same as my username on here. But yes, front and back weep holes are plugged on the resonators.
The Borla is installed, and sounds exactly how a Hemi should!! I love it!!! RIP MPG!!!

Question, why did everyone plug the weep holes? I don't hear anything when I'm driving...

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I just had the corsa sport installed today. I would say it’s on the quieter side but with a distinct tone that isn’t found in other exhaust which is a good thing IMO. I will see how the exhaust breaks in plus add a CAI. Then I’ll decide whether I want to do the resonator delete as well for a louder sound.
22D9486B-8A30-455D-B755-0D7F2E7DF0A3.jpeg

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Borla is installed, and sounds exactly how a Hemi should!! I love it!!! RIP MPG!!!

Question, why did everyone plug the weep holes? I don't hear anything when I'm driving...

There's a kind of whooshing sound. Almost like a paperbag having air pulled in and out. Listen next time your truck is idling. Best time is after a cold start while it idles down. Supposedly plugging the weep holes fixes that. Fwiw I plugged mine and it still sounds that way.

Still contemplating getting my resonators cut out completely. I love the sound I've got now with the Borla but wouldn't mind it being a tad louder.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
There's a kind of whooshing sound. Almost like a paperbag having air pulled in and out. Listen next time your truck is idling. Best time is after a cold start while it idles down. Supposedly plugging the weep holes fixes that. Fwiw I plugged mine and it still sounds that way.

Still contemplating getting my resonators cut out completely. I love the sound I've got now with the Borla but wouldn't mind it being a tad louder.
I'm on day 2, and already thinking of cutting them out too. But I love the deep growl, and I do not want it to be obnoxious. I'm at a loss....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just had the corsa sport installed today. I would say it’s on the quieter side but with a distinct tone that isn’t found in other exhaust which is a good thing IMO. I will see how the exhaust breaks in plus add a CAI. Then I’ll decide whether I want to do the resonator delete as well for a louder sound.
View attachment 66100
This got my attention...good sound but not too loud. Please keep us posted on your impressions. Which finish are those tips?

Bwsteg

Reaction score
This got my attention...good sound but not too loud. Please keep us posted on your impressions. Which finish are those tips?
Sound amazing but imo it’s a bit too quiet for my taste and I’m not looking for too loud either. These are black coated tips.

Users who are viewing this thread