5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
So I was planning on leaving my exhaust stock on this truck, but...the Hemi just needs more sound. I am just wanting more rumble, NO DRONE. The last Ram I had with exhaust had 2 chamber Flowmasters and it droned like crazy! So I swore off of Flowmasters. Haven't used them since. I am more of a Magnaflow guy. What do you guys run? I am open to anything, except Flowmaster.

ironking

Reaction score
So I was planning on leaving my exhaust stock on this truck, but...the Hemi just needs more sound. I am just wanting more rumble, NO DRONE. The last Ram I had with exhaust had 2 chamber Flowmasters and it droned like crazy! So I swore off of Flowmasters. Haven't used them since. I am more of a Magnaflow guy. What do you guys run? I am open to anything, except Flowmaster.

I suggest search. This gets asked several times a week so there are tons of responses already and before and after sound clips. You’re also going to get a lot of mixed opinions because half the people who have a non-factory exhaust that complain about drone don’t actually know what droning is. Just like there are multiple types of Flowmaster exhausts and the way the 5th gen Ram was built, it has a lot better insulation and includes ANC. YouTube also has tons of clips for exhausts. Your taste is going to be different from Joe’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave2020Limited

Reaction score
I'm 2 weeks into owning my 2020 limited with the all black package, 3.92 gears,33 gallon tank. Coming from a 2013 Tahoe LTZ, this Ram blows the doors off my Tahoe in every category. I'm looking at CORSA cat back sport exhaust. Corsa supposedly has ZERO drone.

kipeharris

Reaction score
I don't care about being "loud" and waking up the neighborhood as much as I do a deep solid tone. I am a sales agent and need little to no drone in my truck so I can still close a deal. At the same time, I want to hear the deep rumble on the remote start and when I hammer it. I rarely hammer the throttle because I am attempting to better my MPG. What are your thoughts?

Mother

Reaction score
I just received my MBRP exhaust yesterday. Hopefully I can find the time to put it on over the weekend. If I get it done I'll report back and let you know how it is.

U

User_18352

I don't care about being "loud" and waking up the neighborhood as much as I do a deep solid tone. I am a sales agent and need little to no drone in my truck so I can still close a deal. At the same time, I want to hear the deep rumble on the remote start and when I hammer it. I rarely hammer the throttle because I am attempting to better my MPG. What are your thoughts?

You won't be disappointed with the Mopar catback, for me it was the best all around exhaust out there available for our trucks. Mind you, I haven't heard Corsa, MBRP or Flowmaster in person. The tone is very deep on cold start, not overly loud on cruise (you definitely know it's there), it roars to life when you hammer it and there is no drone.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
American Thunder true 3” all the way back including tailpipes and so much better than that horrible Stock restrictive pipe. Have you really looked at all the crushed areas in that factory system? Quick video of mine in link. I have owned Corsa on my Challenger and Magnaflow on my old 6.2L GMC and I like this the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I haven't got my mind set on any one the exhausts on the market. I am favoring getting the B2 Fab mid muffler delete and calling it a day. I have a friend who will weld it for me so I won't have to worry about leaks. But I am curious how this sounds in person. I have heard numerous youtube clips and they sound good, but I also know they aren't 100% like being in the truck. I also was wondering about the CEL coming on? I don't want to do something to my truck that may cause a problem.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
B2 will cause zero issues and sounds great. However, he stopped using the Magnaflow and now makes a home made muffler that he says is just as good (guessing he can charge the same amount and increase his profit). I, personally, am a HUGE Magnaflow fan. You can always just buy a MF or another good quality muffler and have it welded in.

Last edited:

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Check out Mufflex!!
If you like Magnaflow you will like this!
I have had the 18” on last four Rams and love it!! A direct bolt on for the Ram, with four different levels of loudness.
I get complements all the time on it, old school hot rod rumble sounding!!

SaInTzNYaNkZ

Reaction score
I'm 2 weeks into owning my 2020 limited with the all black package, 3.92 gears,33 gallon tank. Coming from a 2013 Tahoe LTZ, this Ram blows the doors off my Tahoe in every category. I'm looking at CORSA cat back sport exhaust. Corsa supposedly has ZERO drone.
im torn between Corsa Sport and Borla Atak! they both have zero drone and are made from 304 stainless. But I just found the Borla for $880 and the cheapest I can find Corsa with the Black 5inch tips like I want is like $1082. They both sound great! I cant decide. HELPPP!!!!!

moparleo51

Reaction score
i to had to change my exhaust and many past owned cars and trucks i usually go with corsa 1 because they are from my state(ohio) 2 they sound really good and seems there R&D is superior, now that being said i ended up with the borla s type system and it was more than i expected and it cost me about $250.00 less for it. the mopar one to me is a little pricey. theres many clips on you tube. to me the borla is just a little bit more deep.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes the Mopar is very pricey and if you can get it second hand well worth the price. If you buy it nib, well you want to be prepared, oh wait I’ve purchased (2) of them ha ha ha ..

Truckguy

Reaction score
My suggestion is to add a Borla muffler paired with your stock tips and then enjoy. :)
Porboy do you have a sound clip of your borla muffler? The only one I found I think was a catback you had at one time.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly I do not as I am on the lazy side of recording stuff. Actually my phone is on it’s last leg and limping, but I’m going to keep resuscitating it as I cants stand given my money to the cell phone people.

Mother

Reaction score
Installed my MBRP this morning. Loving it so far. Haven't been able to get out on the freeway and cruise extensively yet, but I was able to run at about 65 on a nearby street for a little bit and didn't notice any drone. Here's a quick warm start video.

Users who are viewing this thread