5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust regeneration message, who else sees this?

tom318

Reaction score
Curious who else sees this, how often and if anybody knows why? I’ve done 108k miles and have never seen it. Now I’ve seen it twice in one last 600 miles. Fuel pump was replaced at 99k. Only thing I’ve done different was switch to castrol 5w40 oil changes every my 5k miles, doc diesel oil filter since 90k. IMG_8461.jpeg

John Jensen

Reaction score
Everyone gets that message. You will see that message for Active regens, passive regens are not posted. Here's how and when regens happen.
02ba-Active Passive Regens Explained.jpeg

John Jensen

Reaction score
To simplify active regens:
An active regen will occur every 24 hours regardless of the DPF soot level.
An active regen will also occur if the soot level hits 80% during the 24 hour period.
At the end of an 80% active regen, the 24 hour time clock restarts.
An 80% active regen will last 15-25 miles depending on load and driving conditions.
A 24 hour active regen will last according to the soot level at that time.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Interesting, my 2023 never got that message until I did a GDE tune. Typically, I drive 800 miles a week.
Tom

tom318

Reaction score
I did read something similar on another forum as well I just found it interesting and I’ve done 108k miles without seeing it ever. Now twice in a week. I have idled a bit more in the last few weeks but not by much. No CEL and everything seems good I just found that strange.

Users who are viewing this thread