5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque? Worth it?

wizdum0926

Reaction score
i am currently having HUGE ISSUES with my e-tourque. Its sent 100 trouble codes, fried my battery, idk if the catalytic converter too but the battery is leaking strong sulfur smell. about 41k miles and wont hold a charge on the new $200 AGM battery. the night it broke down the power steering died, the lights went haywire, mph gauge dropped, the AC turned to high heat from low AC, gear shifter switched to park once i stopped, i'm getting trouble codes about the power train, hybrid battery pack, P0AC0 SEVERITY HIGH, P0D37, U0412, P0C30, P2111, U0402, U0594, P0562, P1DF3. The message screen did say service electronic stability module just before this. At first the service tech tried to tell me this wouldn't be covered under my warranty. Last i check the e-tourque is apart of the drive train, not just battery, started and stuff, it's like a alternator but it's not.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of problems. Where do you start with something like that? After finding and correcting a potential wiring problem I just happened to stumble across on my 2020 Laramie, I'm not surprised at anything anymore. Just one more reason to either get rid of it before it hits 36k miles or buy the Mopar extended warranty.

I haven't had any problems with my etorque system, but I only have about 4k miles on the truck. I really wanted to buy a truck without it, but couldn't find any trucks configured the way I wanted otherwise. I hope smart people figure out how to convert to an alternator system LOL.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i am currently having HUGE ISSUES with my e-tourque. Its sent 100 trouble codes, fried my battery, idk if the catalytic converter too but the battery is leaking strong sulfur smell. about 41k miles and wont hold a charge on the new $200 AGM battery. the night it broke down the power steering died, the lights went haywire, mph gauge dropped, the AC turned to high heat from low AC, gear shifter switched to park once i stopped, i'm getting trouble codes about the power train, hybrid battery pack, P0AC0 SEVERITY HIGH, P0D37, U0412, P0C30, P2111, U0402, U0594, P0562, P1DF3. The message screen did say service electronic stability module just before this. At first the service tech tried to tell me this wouldn't be covered under my warranty. Last i check the e-tourque is apart of the drive train, not just battery, started and stuff, it's like a alternator but it's not.
It’s covered under the 8/80 emissions warranty. Let us know what they say.

Firepower2010

Reaction score
For those with e-torque -- what do you think about how the auto start/stop works? How seamless is it? I have a bmw with auto start/stop and I always leave it off....I find it more of an annoyance than anything. It sounds like Ram has made some pretty significant improvements with stop/start with the new system. Check out this youtube review. Specifically at the time 15:50, where he talks about auto stop/start.

Very jerky, and an annoyance, no fuel savings a total joke....I wished I saved my money

MF2020

Reaction score
I like the e-torque! Works amazingly well upon take-off with a trailer attached. Couple that with the 3.92s and it feels like the trailer lost half it's weight. I had a 2011 Ram and towed the same trailer before with 3.21s and of course, no e-torque so I know the difference. Now for everyday driving... I don't notice any difference at all. As for the auto stop feature, I forget it's there, lol. I can really feel it in the wife's Grand Cherokee and it is annoying but I really do not notice it in the Ram. So hope this helps you. FYI I see absolutely no gas savings from this e-torque at all compared to my last Ram but I have hybrid tires and 3.92s a pedal commander and a Ram Forced Air Intake so perhaps this is why, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread