5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque? Worth it?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a little surprised that Ram didn't stick something on the body indicating the truck has eTorque.

As far as being worth it? Mine was built with the original price, so it is. At the current price, not so sure that I would have ordered it.

DeanKing

Reaction score
You guys have hybrid parking spaces;):LOL:
Yes. We also have expectant mother parking spaces. Just stopping in for 5/10/15 minutes parking spaces. Park here and let me bring you out your food spaces. Employee of the month parking spaces. Some stupid thing with a recycling sign parking spaces (which may be the hybrid spaces). I agree with the handicap spaces even though most of the people I see using them don't appear to be physically disabled. "When everyone is super, no-one is" - Syndrome. The principal of the thing bothers me more than the reality. I park as far away from people as I can.

I would love to get some real world feedback on eTorque. I test drove with and without. I saw several advantages but I don't like start / stop so that was a bit of a trade off.

anthtony

Reaction score
Yes. We also have expectant mother parking spaces. Just stopping in for 5/10/15 minutes parking spaces. Park here and let me bring you out your food spaces. Employee of the month parking spaces. Some stupid thing with a recycling sign parking spaces (which may be the hybrid spaces). I agree with the handicap spaces even though most of the people I see using them don't appear to be physically disabled. "When everyone is super, no-one is" - Syndrome. The principal of the thing bothers me more than the reality. I park as far away from people as I can.

I would love to get some real world feedback on eTorque. I test drove with and without. I saw several advantages but I don't like start / stop so that was a bit of a trade off.
I'd love to know how much fuel savings comes from start/stop.....obviously it's enough to have manufacturers put it in, but I've never found articles that can pinpoint the differences. I'd get e-torque if there was a way to disable start/stop without having to turn it off every time the vehicle starts up. Annoying that the memory recall won't apply here (but it sounds like there is a company that may work on a solution if the demand is there).....

Last edited:

Kidder

Reaction score
<snip>
As far as being worth it? Mine was built with the original price, so it is. At the current price, not so sure that I would have ordered it.

I think I would have had the same dilemma. I also got it at the bargain basement price. :ROFLMAO:

Kidder

Reaction score
Just curious has anyone with Etorque used that to park in a hybrid parking space?
I wonder if I can take the HOV lane without passengers, too?! Motorcycles and low emissions vehicles can do it. Hmmm...

M

MJB4450

I emailed them this evening and the owner emailed me back very quickly. He said he is waiting to gauge interest on a start/stop preference recall unit before making one for the new Rams. Since the start/stop experience is supposed to be more refined he's not sure how many folks would be interested in the unit. If you are interested I'd suggest you email him/them! [email protected]

Just sent another email to them. Would be nice if enough people showed interest so we would have that option. The Jeep guys love it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am a little surprised that Ram didn't stick something on the body indicating the truck has eTorque.

I agree with both of these sentiments. I probably would have ordered it at the current price, but I might have debated the cost/benefit a bit more. At the original price, it was an easy decision.

Ranchram

Reaction score
Are you folks saying that you have hybrid parking spaces that are not next to a charging station but rather are just for having a hybrid vehicle? In Colorado if you have a plug in hybrid you get a window sticker issued by the state allowing you to park in these spots. I ordered my truck without etorque so I am not sure but I did not think the etorque trucks plugged in.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
So far My eTorque Hemi hasn't delivered much if any increase in mileage. I have run two tanks of gas through the truck and got 15.7 on the first and 15.3 on the second. My commute is mostly stop and go around 12 miles each way. If the eTorque is helping the mileage I would hate to see what mine would be without it. My 2015 Sierra with a 6.2 was averaging about 16.5 on the same route. I'm hoping a little more break in time will help.
On a side note, the auto start stop has worked well so far and has been almost unnoticeable most of the time. My wife's Acura MDX has this and we turn it off every time we drive it because it restarts so harshly.

Reactions: Kaz

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While waiting on truck delivery, I'm still thinking about the hybrid parking spaces and how a Hemi truck is guaranteed to get a ticket or towed since there is no badging. My first thought was to put a leaf or something on the hood Hemi badge but there is no room on it. Then I went looking for a standalone leaf to maybe put on the tailgate, say next to the Limited badge but I didn't want one that's obviously taken from another brand. found this one here:
http://www.seethrugraphics.com/products/Green-Leaf-Eco-Hybrid-Car-Badge.html#.W6ZVmOhKgUE
Leaf.JPG
$13 and 2.25" x 2.25"

Well that would work and not only look ok but would confuse a lot of people!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's really not many FCA hybrid badges out there to borrow from either. Two from the Pacifica and the Alfa Quadrifoglio looks cool but could easily not be associated with hybrid. Plus putting it on a Ram could lead to electrical issues...
Pacifica.JPG
Pacifica2.JPG
Alfa.JPG

My best idea would be for someone to make a new "eTorque" badge with the "e" in green. Of course I still have to find a hybrid-only parking space to make any of this useful.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here some good news. I learned that only 17 counties in Texas require annual emissions testing (all the big ones) BUT according to state law, hybrids are exempt! Now, what are the odds we can convince anyone that these eTorque models are hybrids to get out of annual emissions testing?

Maybe other states have similar hybrid benefits that may be useful?

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/green-vehicle-laws-and-regulations.php

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here some good news. I learned that only 17 counties in Texas require annual emissions testing (all the big ones) BUT according to state law, hybrids are exempt! Now, what are the odds we can convince anyone that these eTorque models are hybrids to get out of annual emissions testing?

Maybe other states have similar hybrid benefits that may be useful?

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/green-vehicle-laws-and-regulations.php
If you can figure that out, I'm sending you a bottle of highland Scotch.

Users who are viewing this thread