5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Ownership

ponypride

Reaction score
I have a question relating to Etorque. I understand the battery pack is behind the backseat. Does this mean the cabin has less room than a vehicle with the standard hemi. On a Laramie trim with bucket seats, will this impact the reclining function of the back seats?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question relating to Etorque. I understand the battery pack is behind the backseat. Does this mean the cabin has less room than a vehicle with the standard hemi. On a Laramie trim with bucket seats, will this impact the reclining function of the back seats?
We observed no difference on our test drive, but some owners on here can confirm.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No issues with reclining rear seats. They don't really recline. The seat bottom slides forward as you would move/adjust a non power seat.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No difference in cab space or rear seat operation with or without e-torque battery.

Limbeck

Reaction score
I ordered my ETorque Limited on 9/20. Originally the dealer said it would be around 6 weeks for the order to arrive. I live in AZ. But there hasn’t been a change in the order status since it was placed. Hopefully FCA gets the production issues worked out so I can have it before the end of November.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I ordered my ETorque Limited on 9/20. Originally the dealer said it would be around 6 weeks for the order to arrive. I live in AZ. But there hasn’t been a change in the order status since it was placed. Hopefully FCA gets the production issues worked out so I can have it before the end of November.
Good luck with that.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
You get your truck? When did you order and receive?
Order 9/4. Hasn't been all that bad. Dealer told me 3 months and looks like I will have it soon. Train ride has been painfully slow. Taking two days to get across each state. Then I have no idea how long once it arrives before it gets on truck to my dealer. I can't wait. Been wanting the truck since January and had to wait for my company car to go away and then I was able to pull the trigger.

Limbeck

Reaction score
Order 9/4. Hasn't been all that bad. Dealer told me 3 months and looks like I will have it soon. Train ride has been painfully slow. Taking two days to get across each state. Then I have no idea how long once it arrives before it gets on truck to my dealer. I can't wait. Been wanting the truck since January and had to wait for my company car to go away and then I was able to pull the trigger.
That’s awesome man I’m super jealous. I still haven’t gotten my VIN it’s just a VON still. How long did it take till you got your VIN and an email from RAM? They told me recently that there was a delay with the eTorque production recently but I have no idea. I just upgraded my account so I can have order tracking. Hopefully I can get more information soon :/.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
That’s awesome man I’m super jealous. I still haven’t gotten my VIN it’s just a VON still. How long did it take till you got your VIN and an email from RAM? They told me recently that there was a delay with the eTorque production recently but I have no idea. I just upgraded my account so I can have order tracking. Hopefully I can get more information soon :/.
Dealer gave me my VIN but it was about 5 days after ordering and then it went into D1 right away.

Limbeck

Reaction score
Dealer gave me my VIN but it was about 5 days after ordering and then it went into D1 right away.
Now I’m pissed. Mine hasn’t moved at all since ordering. I think something is up with the dealer I ordered it with. This is nuts. I think I’m gonna go place another order at another dealer and just take whichever one comes first lol. I’m sick of waiting.

SlowArrow

Reaction score
I guess I was lucky, I found mine on the lot of a local dealer last week. I’ve only got 500 miles on it, but I’m very happy with this truck. The eTorque seems to work very well in all modes of operation. The truck is very smooth shifting, very smooth in and out of ECO, and pulls harder than I would have expected right off the line. The start/stop is pretty much transparent as you drive.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I tried to order a Laramie Longhorn a few days ago (10-19-2018), but eTorque was no longer on the option list, and the 5'7" Ram Box option wasn't showing as available either. Not sure if it was a bug in the dealer's ordering system, or if Ram is having supplier issues and temporarily removed those options from the list on purpose. Rather annoying, but I guess Ram is still struggling to get the factory in full swing...I guess it's not easy to do, what with an all-new design from the ground up being built in an all-new plant

Last edited:

Limbeck

Reaction score
I tried to order a Laramie Longhorn this past weekend, but not even the 5'7" bed had the Ram Box option available. My dealer wasn't sure why the 5'7" Ram Box had disappeared from the option list...I suspect Ram is having a supplier issue again.
Got it. That’s really strange. I’m gonna stop by a different dealer and get a second opinion

Limbeck

Reaction score
Got it. That’s really strange. I’m gonna stop by a different dealer and get a second opinion
Thats so weird. I guess if your dealer is having issues as well then that answers my question but its just super annoying

John

Reaction score
Wanted to order a Longhorn Saturday, couldn't get 2 tone, couldn't get etorque and dealer said possibly a shortage on Safety Group! He had a Limited on the lot with everything but the Longhorn brown/brown upholstery so I bought it!

John

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I tried to order a Laramie Longhorn a few days ago (10-19-2018), but eTorque was no longer on the option list, and the 5'7" Ram Box option wasn't showing as available either. Not sure if it was a bug in the dealer's ordering system, or if Ram is having supplier issues and temporarily removed those options from the list on purpose. Rather annoying, but I guess Ram is still struggling to get the factory in full swing...I guess it's not easy to do, what with an all-new design from the ground up being built in an all-new plant
You might be able to grab my truck, my original order has eTorque and rambox. Should be here in a few weeks, but I am going to try to re-order for one without those options (trying to get my payload up to 1400s)

Phiefer

Reaction score
Anyone wanting a 2019 Silver Limited with eTorque and ramboxes can view the build and window stickers for it on the tracking sheet. Should be leaving the Budd yard soon and heading to southern Mn. next week. This truck was not spoken for as of last week and was originally ordered for me.
Im very happy with the black version of the similar truck and could not wait for the silver one that is now in KZ status.
Sounds like new etorque orders may not ship for awhile, so this one could be a quick buy.

Sorry if i sound like a truck salesperson, im not. I just know first hand how hard it is waiting for one of these.

Tmcb

Reaction score
@RamCares will publicly ask you to PM them but then when you do so and ask questions they don't answer. Just my experience.
Yes. I reached out and never heard back. I also called and spoke to an agent who promised action. Never heard back.

gatorhwk

Reaction score
I've had my Laramie for a couple of weeks now and noticed the auto stop/start kick in at a stop light but reengage the engine before releasing the break. This has happened a few times. I haven't done any research yet but wondering if it was due to a low battery charge? The AC seemed to be working fine when the engine kicked back on though.

Users who are viewing this thread