5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Ownership

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Has anyone taken ownership of the new eTorque equipped Ram? It seem to me they are now building the trucks but not releasing them to the owners. Guys please chime in. Ram customer service representatives on here please bring us some clarity on this issue.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone taken ownership of the new eTorque equipped Ram? It seem to me they are now building the trucks but not releasing them to the owners. Guys please chime in. Ram customer service representatives on here please bring us some clarity on this issue.
@RamCares will publicly ask you to PM them but then when you do so and ask questions they don't answer. Just my experience.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just saw this thread and thought I would reply, I apologize being late, I did take ownership of my e-torque Longhorn on July 17. It arrived at the dealer on July 14.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Just saw this thread and thought I would reply, I apologize being late, I did take ownership of my e-torque Longhorn on July 17. It arrived at the dealer on July 14.
And how is it?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far so good, I only have around 600 miles on it now. It is a very ‘peppy’ truck imo. The 3:92’s probably help with this. You can see my options on it in my signature. I have not checked mpg’s on paper. Been messin with it and experimenting too much to be accurate. At highway speeds the instrument cluster shows around 19-22 mpg, depending on exact rpm’s obviously ( mindful of the 3:92, I did post rpm’s equal to speed in another thread) I have already lifted it and am waiting on wheels and tires. I will do a review and have pics when it is finished and I get a few more miles on it. So far (knock on wood ;)) I have had 0 issues with anything and absolutely love driving it!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far so good, I only have around 600 miles on it now. It is a very ‘peppy’ truck imo. The 3:92’s probably help with this. You can see my options on it in my signature. I have not checked mpg’s on paper. Been messin with it and experimenting too much to be accurate. At highway speeds the instrument cluster shows around 19-22 mpg, depending on exact rpm’s obviously ( mindful of the 3:92, I did post rpm’s equal to speed in another thread) I have already lifted it and am waiting on wheels and tires. I will do a review and have pics when it is finished and I get a few more miles on it. So far (knock on wood ;)) I have had 0 issues with anything and absolutely love driving it!
What do you mean by Peppy

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean by Peppy
It seems very throttle responsive. It will get up and go, especially from a stand still imo. Not a race car but quick for a truck. Now mind you, I had a 2010 Ram diesel and currently also have a 3.5 ecoboost in a Expedition so comparing to those. Put it this way, I am not disappointed in it as far as performance goes.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems very throttle responsive. It will get up and go, especially from a stand still imo. Not a race car but quick for a truck. Now mind you, I had a 2010 Ram diesel and currently also have a 3.5 ecoboost in a Expedition so comparing to those. Put it this way, I am not disappointed in it as far as performance goes.
My 19 ram with the 3.92 seems very responsive too so do you think its because of the 3.92 or because of your e-torque? I can't see the e-torque helping that much

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 ram with the 3.92 seems very responsive too so do you think its because of the 3.92 or because of your e-torque? I can't see the e-torque helping that much

I am going to say the 3:92. This is my first half ton with this ‘low’ of a axle ratio. Like to have the same truck without e-torque and compare them to see if it makes a difference on anything.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will also say the e-torque seems to help with the auto start/stop. I thought I would absolutely hate this option, but honestly, it isn’t that bad. If the radio is on or if you are speaking with someone in the cab you don’t even notice it and the acceleration from engine off to on is seemless. Did compare this to my buddy’s ‘18 F-150 and he thought the Ram’s start/stop feature was more seemless as well. He absolutely hates that feature on his Ford. I normally shut mine off but the few times I didn’t the only way I noticed was by looking at the rpm gauge. Once again with the radio on. With radio off and a quiet cab obviously you know when it shuts off but it isn’t as disturbing as I thought it would be. Both the Ford and Ram systems are good if your into that but like I said, the Ram’s is a split second faster on start up then the Ford.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the e-torque on and the AC blasting at a red light or at a stop what happens with the AC?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the e-torque on and the AC blasting at a red light or at a stop what happens with the AC?

The ac did stay on. I am not stopped long around here so the air coming out didn’t change much while stopped temp wise but I’m sure it would if you sat still for very long.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I can't wait to put the pedal commander in mine to see what's the difference. Hopefully I have my truck by the weekend

Craftman

Reaction score
"With the e-torque on and the AC blasting at a red light or at a stop what happens with the AC? "

Air does turn off, blower stays on. It recycles cabin air until you start moving then the air goes back on. I push the stop-start disable button when there is a lot of traffic lights or heavy traffic.

First 2 days with my new Rebel e-torque I got 12 - 14 mpg. Today (third day) I got 17.5 mpg on the freeway driving at 70 mph. Nowhere near the advertised 22 mpg but I can live with it. Might go up a bit more with more miles on the engine.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"With the e-torque on and the AC blasting at a red light or at a stop what happens with the AC? "

Air does turn off, blower stays on. It recycles cabin air until you start moving then the air goes back on. I push the stop-start disable button when there is a lot of traffic lights or heavy traffic.
And if the cabin air temperature can't be maintained (due to sitting at a long light or a host of other conditions), the start/stop system will restart the truck on its own (or never shut off the truck in the first place).

rvsixer

Reaction score
Today (third day) I got 17.5 mpg on the freeway driving at 70 mph. Nowhere near the advertised 22 mpg but I can live with it.
Not unexpected, since driving 70mph on the freeway is nowhere near how the EPA 22mpg rating is obtained. Totally different test cycles and methodologies.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Finally on the truck after sitting almost a month. Now I just hope i dont have all the problems some have experienced.
AriesRam (Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/12/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: 07/22/2018 - 07/26/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/27/18 06:14:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/27/18 04:15:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/29/18 01:43:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/29/18 08:56:00 PM DETROIT AXLE YARD OFFSITE
Production Status KZ Received 06/30/18 12:00:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/21/18 09:37:00 AM TOLEDO MATZINGER YARD OFFSITE
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/23/18 08:52:00 PM TOLEDO - STICKNEY VDC (on truck to dealer)
thumbsup.gif

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally on the truck after sitting almost a month. Now I just hope i dont have all the problems some have experienced.
AriesRam (Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/12/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: 07/22/2018 - 07/26/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/27/18 06:14:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/27/18 04:15:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/29/18 01:43:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/29/18 08:56:00 PM DETROIT AXLE YARD OFFSITE
Production Status KZ Received 06/30/18 12:00:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/21/18 09:37:00 AM TOLEDO MATZINGER YARD OFFSITE
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/23/18 08:52:00 PM TOLEDO - STICKNEY VDC (on truck to dealer)
thumbsup.gif
Knocking on wood...

Users who are viewing this thread