5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque amperage

Th8785

Reaction score
I have a ETorque and been running (1)1800/1 mono kicker and a 360/4 amp on the speakers haven’t had any issues yet . I’ve been running this set up for about a year now
ill be looking to run a 5000.1 and 600.4...of course, with impedance i wont see near that much power but still iffy on the voltage concerns since no traditional alternator to back the draw

Th8785

Reaction score
Dealer has to ok them for a fix.... also can find the TSB on a issue and show them. Usually that will get it done.
Being in the industry, aftermarket. I personally don’t condone just flashing modules cause it says there is a update. Unless that’s the avenue of the concern/fix. With the tech out of modern vehicles you are only one flash away from whole vehicle shut down. With out solid answers your customer or manufacturer will not be fitting the bill. Manufacturer Engineer and engineer level tools and hope no module is lost.
I do give some props to fca, as they question the flash and require a answer to the reason why you are doing it(even aftermarket/non dealer). Just a few other manufacturers do this too. I see that as a good thing IMO.
Sorry if i sound ignorant, but what does this mean? Also, how do you check for TSB? This is the first new vehicle Ive ever bought, honestly if it were up to me id still drive something with a carburetor and no computer lol

Th8785

Reaction score
Do you have voltage drops?
There will always be voltage drop. The impedance of the woofers will change constantly causing the amp to see different loads. the lower the load the amp sees, the more power you will get, and also the more amperage it will draw. as long as the system has the amperage to maintain it, the voltage drop itself should be minimal. However, it will happen.

carlskj

Reaction score
for lack of better words all this is making me lose my **** lol. Truck is now 3 weeks old, 600ish miles and batt voltage is CONSTANTLY down between 12.2 - 12.6 volts. In my mind, that is a dead battery. I personally have a couple older style load testers. Start by charging overnight, then test once reading 100%. Test reads "weak" but good. voltage was up in 13s that day while driving. Next day, cant get over 12.9. Stop by a "batteries plus" store and have them test it as well. Results were failed battery, 200 less cranking amps than minimal. Had an appointment at the dealership yesterday morning. 3 hours go by and they call me stating battery is perfectly in range and all is well. On my way home from work tonight, back to 12.4 range. I'm not physically having any troubles as of yet, but am dreading that this BRAND NEW truck cant keep a battery at what should be an acceptable voltage. Also, with no traditional alternator, does anyone know if the truck will continue to run if the battery dies while on the road?
The truck will not continue to run. Eventually you will lost power steering and the engine with shutdown. Speaking from personal experience unfortunately.

Th8785

Reaction score
The truck will not continue to run. Eventually you will lost power steering and the engine with shutdown. Speaking from personal experience unfortunately.
Well, its still "working" so lets hope for the best. Or it ****s itself before any long distance trips.

Users who are viewing this thread