5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESC nearly killed me !

barrak

Reaction score
Disabling multiple safety (or "nanny") features to test a misbehaving heavy and tall vehicle at 65 mph on a banked turn?

What could possibly go wrong?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Disabling multiple safety (or "nanny") features to test a misbehaving heavy and tall vehicle at 65 mph on a banked turn?

What could possibly go wrong?
Nothing if you know how to drive without electronics doing things for you.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only time 4wd binds is sharp turns which at 70 mph you wouldn't be doing. Also the stability control kicks back on at 45 mph

On the 4th gen fuse F26 is the one you'd pull to disable stability control, not positive if that's still the case. A Tazer DT would be handy in this situation

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only time 4wd binds is sharp turns which at 70 mph you wouldn't be doing. Also the stability control kicks back on at 45 mph

On the 4th gen fuse F26 is the one you'd pull to disable stability control, not positive if that's still the case. A Tazer DT would be handy in this situation
Stop making sense with your arguments. Just accept that you will render your truck useless if you turn the steering wheel any little bit on pavement in 4wd.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So is this knowledge of how 4 Hi works on pavement at 70 mph on different degrees of turns from experience?

From my experience in 4Hi on pavement (after forgetting to go back to 2WD) is it binds up on turns at low speeds.

I have never had the idea to try it on pavement at high speeds.

I’ve always kinda gone on experience and everything written on how to operate 4 Hi.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stop making sense with your arguments. Just accept that you will render your truck useless if you turn the steering wheel any little bit on pavement in 4wd.
So that makes sense, run 4Hi on pavement at high speeds?

I never, ever, said or implied “you will render your truck useless if you turn the steering wheel any little bit on pavement in 4WD”

You are absolutely making S*** up now that I said.

Again, please tell the world on how the OP should “troubleshoot“ a problem that almost killed him (he said) on a turnoff the expressway at 65-70 mph using 4Hi.

Sorry that I took your lunch money when we were kids.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So is this knowledge of how 4 Hi works on pavement at 70 mph on different degrees of turns from experience?

From my experience in 4Hi on pavement (after forgetting to go back to 2WD) is it binds up on turns at low speeds.

I have never had the idea to try it on pavement at high speeds.

I’ve always kinda gone on experience and everything written on how to operate 4 Hi.
Yes, I've gone 70 on the highway in 4Hi while troubleshooting some vibrations early on. I didn't attempt a hair pin turn or anything but I was able to take some sweeping corners and survived. I wouldn't suggest doing 60 down a windy country road.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’d just pull the fuse to fully disable the aids and leave it in 2wd. The tire size may need to be corrected too for everything to work correctly.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I've gone 70 on the highway in 4Hi while troubleshooting some vibrations early on. I didn't attempt a hair pin turn or anything but I was able to take some sweeping corners and survived. I wouldn't suggest doing 60 down a windy country road.
Survival is a good goal to have, and meet! Glad it worked out.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So that makes sense, run 4Hi on pavement at high speeds?

I never, ever, said or implied “you will render your truck useless if you turn the steering wheel any little bit on pavement in 4WD”

You are absolutely making S*** up now that I said.
Actually, you did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613-141321.png
    Screenshot_20230613-141321.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 19

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, you did.
Actually you have a vivid imagination, or … (not supposed to say).

So, let’s put things in context. You didn’t highlight my remark above that one that talked about using 4 Hi on the pavement going 65-70 mph on a turnoff.

You got “you will render your truck useless if you turn the steering wheel any little bit on pavement in 4WD” from that conversation? I know better.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is NO failure on ANYONES interpretation on what what said, implied, or suggested for ideas on how to help the OP with his problem. We even learned some about lifts, big tires, cheeseburgers vs steaks. All that was good.

The failure is that HSRK R/T is unable to admit that it is a BAD idea, and I will add, recommended against in everything ever written about 4 Hi 4WD systems in all vehicles - to NOT use 4Hi on the pavement at any speed, much less high speeds.

Probably most everyone that has ever used 4Hi in a vehicle has at least one time forgot to go to 2WD when pulling out back on the pavement. The binding, popping, skidding then reminds us to go back to 2WD. Most likely all is fine with drivetrain. Has happened to me more than I can count and I have never had any failures.

But, to suggest that the OP can use 4Hi at very high speeds on the pavement in a turn to troubleshoot his problem with no consequences, as YOU have, is BAD advise.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Actually you have a vivid imagination, or … (not supposed to say).

So, let’s put things in context. You didn’t highlight my remark above that one that talked about using 4 Hi on the pavement going 65-70 mph on a turnoff.

You got “you will render your truck useless if you turn the steering wheel any little bit on pavement in 4WD” from that conversation? I know better.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is NO failure on ANYONES interpretation on what what said, implied, or suggested for ideas on how to help the OP with his problem. We even learned some about lifts, big tires, cheeseburgers vs steaks. All that was good.

The failure is that HSRK R/T is unable to admit that it is a BAD idea, and I will add, recommended against in everything ever written about 4 Hi 4WD systems in all vehicles - to NOT use 4Hi on the pavement at any speed, much less high speeds.

Probably most everyone that has ever used 4Hi in a vehicle has at least one time forgot to go to 2WD when pulling out back on the pavement. The binding, popping, skidding then reminds us to go back to 2WD. Most likely all is fine with drivetrain. Has happened to me more that I can count and I have never had any failures.

But, to suggest that the OP can use 4Hi at very high speeds on the pavement in a turn to troubleshoot his problem with no consequences, as YOU have, is BAD advise.
Bruh. You don't even read.
Not once did I see HSKR say OP could troubleshoot his problems with 4HI. I was the one that said that, and I only said that because putting the truck in 4HI is the only way to properly disable ESC, which I now know turns back on after a set MPH anyways well under his highway speed OP listed in the first post.

You're getting it all twisted and just spewing...

Might want to go touch some grass or something before you pop a blood vessel due to stress typing here.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bruh. You don't even read.
Not once did I see HSKR say OP could troubleshoot his problems with 4HI. I was the one that said that, and I only said that because putting the truck in 4HI is the only way to properly disable ESC, which I now know turns back on after a set MPH anyways well under his highway speed OP listed in the first post.

You're getting it all twisted and just spewing...

Might want to go touch some grass or something before you pop a blood vessel due to stress typing here.
Again, you have no idea what it takes to be my Bruh. You ain’t one.

IT WAS YOUR IDEA to use 4Hi on the pavement at high speeds to troubleshoot.

I said “ DONT DO THAT!!!”

HSRK said ”Why not ……” Then the exchanges on how HSRK recommended YOUR idea to troubleshoot, won’t hurt drivetrain on pavement even at high speed in 4Hi, etc.

I have previously had conversations with you about 4WD systems. How you think tires on a 2WD is better than a 4WD system for off road, being stuck. Coming back?

I was hoping to not debate your expertise, experience and wisdom on 4WD again. Your ignorance shines again.

Since you replied. YOUR idea that HSRK ran with, is terrible and wrong.

I thought that HSRK, over you, might know a little better. I was wrong.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Again, you have no idea what it takes to be my Bruh. You ain’t one.

IT WAS YOUR IDEA to use 4Hi on the pavement at high speeds to troubleshoot.

I said “ DONT DO THAT!!!”

HSRK said ”Why not ……” Then the exchanges on how HSRK recommended YOUR idea to troubleshoot, won’t hurt drivetrain on pavement even at high speed in 4Hi, etc.

I have previously had conversations with you about 4WD systems. How you think tires on a 2WD is better than a 4WD system for off road, being stuck. Coming back?

I was hoping to not debate your expertise, experience and wisdom on 4WD again. Your ignorance shines again.

Since you replied. YOUR idea that HSRK ran with, is terrible and wrong.
I'm not anyone's "bruh"
Seems you are not versed in slang terms either...
1686689839197.png

Go outside enjoy the weather or something my little ramROO
1686690370612.png

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread