Elon Musk calls Ram “puny”

Johnvan

Reaction score
I like Tesla and really wanted to love the model 3 but when I sat in one I wasn't overly impressed.
For the money I think the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is a good deal. I would be on electric 90% of the time and there would be no range anxiety for the longer trips.

JJRamTX

Reaction score
Our trucks in 4wd Low can get massive loads moving (Pulled a Expedition 5,700lb towing a 8,000lb boat up a algae covered 15 degree ramp he was stuck on with him in Neutral) and as a work truck and it is all about what you can accomplish. I pulled concrete support foundation posts out of the ground with my Air Suspension last week. Maybe not it's intended use but it worked and saved alot of digging and my back. The whole point is what this vehicle, that is your tool, can do for you. The Ram is a very capable tool indeed!

Rampat

Reaction score
He’s just following the Trump style of marketing but he is pandering to the “liberal” crowd here. He knows most Ram owners aren’t Tesla’s demographic so he’s not losing out there but calling out blue collar people and talking down on rural America he is playing right into rich hippies wheelhouse. They love when people hate on who they hate.

Billy James

Reaction score
So, I guess when Musk releases his truck; he'll make a commercial towing an airplane with it to show how powerful it is. Then everyone will be impressed and want one. Except for those or us who work with airplanes and know that a person physically push one and get it rolling; or that we use 74 horsepower (220 ft-lb torque) tractors to move them around.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Electric vehicles in general don’t make a lot of sense in many places. I guess they run on nuclear waste and unicorn farts but most of the electricity here comes from burning natural gas or coal

Turin

Reaction score
He’s just following the Trump style of marketing but he is pandering to the “liberal” crowd here. He knows most Ram owners aren’t Tesla’s demographic so he’s not losing out there but calling out blue collar people and talking down on rural America he is playing right into rich hippies wheelhouse. They love when people hate on who they hate.
My interpretation is that it's just hyperbolic marketing. Trolling, really. Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of towing knows that getting a lot of weight moving isn't difficult; it's being able to control and stop it that matters. I don't doubt that the Tesla truck will be able to "tow" 300,000 lbs. What it's rated to tow will be another matter entirely, obviously.
Electric vehicles in general don’t make a lot of sense in many places. I guess they run on nuclear waste and unicorn farts but most of the electricity here comes from burning natural gas or coal
The upside of electric vehicles is that as power generation gets cleaner your vehicle becomes greener automatically without needing to wait for it to be replaced. Also, power plants — even gas/coal ones — are more efficient than your truck. (In the Carnot heat cycle sense; they're bigger and can run hotter.) The downside of electric vehicles — which proponents tend to ignore — is that mining the raw materials (lithium for batteries and rare earth minerals for magnets) is pretty horrible both environmentally and in terms of working conditions for the miners. (A lot of it comes from the DRC. Let's just say that OSHA doesn't operate there.)

That said, if I could magically replace my Ram with one that was identical except for being electric instead of having an ICE — same range, capabilities, etc., and if the infrastructure was in place to recharge as readily and as quickly as I can refuel — I'd happily do it.

Chippy

Reaction score
Lol we will not have to listen to that jack *** for much longer. He cannot run a car company is too entitled to partner with a company that does and the competition in 2020 from high quality manufacturers unlike Tesla have their offerings out. Bye bye Elon

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
I don't need to haul a rocket. Camping gear, Kids and and a Roof Top Tent is fine. Plus mine is parked in the garage right now - and not on a drawing board. But the Rivian looks neat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)