5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 1 Install

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Yes, those are the part numbers. When I looked up procedures in my mitchell1 software, I did not see anything mentioned about not being able to reuse nuts, but they are pretty cheap if you want to buy them.
Thanks for the confirmation! I remember someone saying something about replacing the rubber top nuts because they are 1-time use only just like a barrel nut.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation! I remember someone saying something about replacing the rubber top nuts because they are 1-time use only just like a barrel nut.
Mine weren't nyloc on the strut to frame. If you are referring to the rod of the strut to the upper strut mount, Biltstein should supply a new one. I’ve also never had an aftermarket strut rod’s thread be the same as stock, so chances are you won’t be able to use the stock one anyway.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Mine weren't nyloc on the strut to frame. If you are referring to the rod of the strut to the upper strut mount, Biltstein should supply a new one. I’ve also never had an aftermarket strut rod’s thread be the same as stock, so chances are you won’t be able to use the stock one anyway.
I just want to make sure I order everything that I will need. I am also replacing the rear with 5100s and springs. In addition, I am going to install the trailer brake module at the same time as well as some other upgrades. I am building a cart online at one of the Mopar distributors and just getting my ducks in a row, thanks for all the info!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to make sure I order everything that I will need. I am also replacing the rear with 5100s and springs. In addition, I am going to install the trailer brake module at the same time as well as some other upgrades. I am building a cart online at one of the Mopar distributors and just getting my ducks in a row, thanks for all the info!
You’re welcome. Like I mentioned before, they are cheap enough that if you get them and don’t use them, it’s not the end of the world. Additionally, I didn’t mention bump stops. It’s up to you whether you want to use them or not, but I don’t know if Bilstein provides them. Heads up though, they are roughly $35 apiece. I moved mine over when I tore my first set of stock struts apart, but with how much travel in relation to the spring compression on the front end, I’m not sure that they are necessary.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
You’re welcome. Like I mentioned before, they are cheap enough that if you get them and don’t use them, it’s not the end of the world. Additionally, I didn’t mention bump stops. It’s up to you whether you want to use them or not, but I don’t know if Bilstein provides them. Heads up though, they are roughly $35 apiece. I moved mine over when I tore my first set of stock struts apart, but with how much travel in relation to the spring compression on the front end, I’m not sure that they are necessary.
Yes, I believe Bilstein 6112s include orange bump stops.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just an FYI, rear 5100’s are backordered till Aug …. Fronts till Oct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazer

Reaction score
Here are the results! It's a full 3" lift in the front and a 1" lift in the rear. I wasn't expecting that since the one consistency with this kit was that no one gave me a solid answer on the actual lift. It doesn't really look like it, but the rear is 1/8" higher on the driver's rear than the front, and the passenger rear is 1/4" higher than the front. These measurements are with a full tank of gas and nothing in the bed.

These pics also show my new tint. I got IR tint with 70% on the front windshield, 20% on the driver and passenger front windows, and left the rear windows with the stock tint.

Driving Impressions:
The more I drive it, the more impressed I am at the spring rate and shock valving. This truck rode a little rough with my LT tires and stock front suspension/ 2" rear lowering springs. It was harsh enough that I didn't like it. After the Eibach install, all that small bump harshness is now gone. All the random waywardness and scary high-speed shifting when hitting hard bumps is gone also. The suspension is very well mannered for on-road. This truck will never see off-road, so I can't speak on the off-road capabilities.

Overall, would I recommend this kit? Absolutely, with one caveat: know that unless you are willing to buy spare stock shocks to take apart, you have to take apart the stock shocks to get the lower strut mount. I still think it's worth it though at the reasonable price point.

View attachment 109529
View attachment 109532
View attachment 109530 View attachment 109531
View attachment 109533
View attachment 109534

It's so close to my garage door that it rubs the weatherstrip.

View attachment 109528
What are the CV Angles looking like with your clip setting on the eibachs? I want to order them but im super worried about the CV angles with that much lift up front.

Cheers

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are the CV Angles looking like with your clip setting on the eibachs? I want to order them but im super worried about the CV angles with that much lift up front.

Cheers
I don’t have that lift (or truck) anymore, but they were fine because I increased preload, not overall shock length.

bensram

Reaction score
@djevox

Hey man, just got my eibach and readly lift ucas delivered today. To confirm, out of the 4 clip settings. You are one below the highest setting? So from bottom setting (stock) to top, you are third location?

I have my directions and it says from bottom to top:

1 - stock
2 - .9”
3 - 1.8
4 - 2.75”

Thanks!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@djevox

Hey man, just got my eibach and readly lift ucas delivered today. To confirm, out of the 4 clip settings. You are one below the highest setting? So from bottom setting (stock) to top, you are third location?

1 - stock
2 - .9”
3 - 1.8
4 - 2.75”

Thanks!
If you were going bottom to top, your list would be inverted. So 1=stock up to 4=3. It would be #3 using what I just mentioned, but the eibach rep claimed #3 was 2.6” over stock.

Sniper75

Reaction score
@djevox

1 - stock
2 - .9”
3 - 1.8
4 - 2.75”

Thanks!
I did second notch from bottom on my 2020 Ram 1500 and got 3.5 " of lift

Rebel Rowe

Reaction score
Good evening - Due to the supply chain issue with Bilstein, Stage 3 just canceled my Bilstein order and swapped them for the Eibachs instead. They arrived in just a couple days and I am ready to get them put on. I have a 2020 Rebel (5.7) and have RC UCA’s ready to go on also. I was planning on using the top clip position to maximize the lift since the RC control arms can support it. I also have Motofab rear 1.5” puck to go in to help ensure I maintain some rake using the top position. Lastly I have a new set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers to throw on (295/70/18)

Has anyone installed the Eibachs on a Rebel or with your ORG optioned Ram and utilized the top clip position? Any feedback on using the #3 vs #4 for the clip position? Thank you in advance for any guidance on this.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening - Due to the supply chain issue with Bilstein, Stage 3 just canceled my Bilstein order and swapped them for the Eibachs instead. They arrived in just a couple days and I am ready to get them put on. I have a 2020 Rebel (5.7) and have RC UCA’s ready to go on also. I was planning on using the top clip position to maximize the lift since the RC control arms can support it. I also have Motofab rear 1.5” puck to go in to help ensure I maintain some rake using the top position. Lastly I have a new set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers to throw on (295/70/18)

Has anyone installed the Eibachs on a Rebel or with your ORG optioned Ram and utilized the top clip position? Any feedback on using the #3 vs #4 for the clip position? Thank you in advance for any guidance on this.
They claim cv damage will occur unless you have a heavy winch/front bumper setup. You can call eibach and talk to them to verify, they’re very responsive.

Rebel Rowe

Reaction score
They claim cv damage will occur unless you have a heavy winch/front bumper setup. You can call eibach and talk to them to verify, they’re very responsive.
Thank you djevox for that advise. I went ahead and called and spoke to a tech from Eibach who had to do some digging to get a solid answer. They checked the specs of the springs used in the Rebel/ ORG Rams and determined confidently position #4 should NOT be used. He stated that position #4 is only to be used on Rams with standard rate springs to provide them with the same overall height as a Rebel would achieve by utilizing position #3 on the shocks. A Rebel utilizing position #4 would provide too much lift and could cause damage to other components. Hopefully this will save someone else in the future from almost making the same mistake I did with using #4 position, at least until Eibach can update their directions to reflect this warning.

Quick supply chain update too.. Stage 3 let me know that the Bilstein 5100s are now back ordered through January 2023. Not sure if that’s old news for some or not, but hoping Eibach will be a good alternative for anyone waiting on the 5100s. Right now the Eibachs are on sale at the same price as the Bilsteins.

Rebel Rowe

Reaction score
DBC6C8F2-F383-44F7-8126-55EABC4EA2F7.jpeg
Just had the Eibachs installed and ride quality is great. Still running the factory springs all 4 corners and the factory Bilsteins in the rear. Tires are 295/70/18 Ridge Grapplers. Even though Eibach said they weren’t needed I also had RC UCAs installed as well. Because I tow/ haul more often than not, I had a 1” spacer added to the rear to have some rake. Without the rear spacer it would be within a .5” of being level. Eibachs are set to 3rd clip. Max recommended height for ORG or Rebels. I should have gone wider on the tires as they set in from the fenders a bit to far. After these pics were taken I reinstalled my 1” wheel spacers and it looks much better. Tires now poke out about .5” from the fender.

Attachments

• 47FE5FFC-E07F-4CA3-BB4C-8B88DF31CFE2.jpeg
    47FE5FFC-E07F-4CA3-BB4C-8B88DF31CFE2.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 106

ericmc1220

Reaction score
Hey will this kit fit 20x9 rims with 35x12.5 tires? Just got the rims pretty cheap and I ordered the kit. Haven't installed it yet. Waiting to see if I'll need to buy anything else.

Reaction score
Here are the results! It's a full 3" lift in the front and a 1" lift in the rear. I wasn't expecting that since the one consistency with this kit was that no one gave me a solid answer on the actual lift. It doesn't really look like it, but the rear is 1/8" higher on the driver's rear than the front, and the passenger rear is 1/4" higher than the front. These measurements are with a full tank of gas and nothing in the bed.

These pics also show my new tint. I got IR tint with 70% on the front windshield, 20% on the driver and passenger front windows, and left the rear windows with the stock tint.

Driving Impressions:
The more I drive it, the more impressed I am at the spring rate and shock valving. This truck rode a little rough with my LT tires and stock front suspension/ 2" rear lowering springs. It was harsh enough that I didn't like it. After the Eibach install, all that small bump harshness is now gone. All the random waywardness and scary high-speed shifting when hitting hard bumps is gone also. The suspension is very well mannered for on-road. This truck will never see off-road, so I can't speak on the off-road capabilities.

Overall, would I recommend this kit? Absolutely, with one caveat: know that unless you are willing to buy spare stock shocks to take apart, you have to take apart the stock shocks to get the lower strut mount. I still think it's worth it though at the reasonable price point.

View attachment 109529
View attachment 109532
View attachment 109530 View attachment 109531
View attachment 109533
View attachment 109534

It's so close to my garage door that it rubs the weatherstrip.

View attachment 109528
I'll preface this by saying I read through the thread and saw that you installed this kit on a previous truck a year -ish ago.

Anyways....The OP photos look perfect! My local truck shop recommended this kit and I've been trying to research this Eibach kit for a week or so now and, I think I'm going to go for it after seeing your results. My plan is to buy the same kit (part number matches), and will go on a 22 Laramie ED 4x4 Night Edition with the basic suspension meaning, no ORG or Air.

For clarification, in the OP you mentioned using the second position; looking at EIbach's pdf installation doc's specific to using the springs that come with the kit, I found the below diagram. This is probably a "well, duh" type question but, I presume the groove you're referring to is the one that says "Use when paired with rear springs" and not the one above it that says "Do not use".

Thanks in advance! I've never done anything like this to a truck so I'm trying to do my due diligence and research as much as possible. I want to do it right the first time.

1663776890026.png

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying I read through the thread and saw that you installed this kit on a previous truck a year -ish ago.

Anyways....The OP photos look perfect! My local truck shop recommended this kit and I've been trying to research this Eibach kit for a week or so now and, I think I'm going to go for it after seeing your results. My plan is to buy the same kit (part number matches), and will go on a 22 Laramie ED 4x4 Night Edition with the basic suspension meaning, no ORG or Air.

For clarification, in the OP you mentioned using the second position; looking at EIbach's pdf installation doc's specific to using the springs that come with the kit, I found the below diagram. This is probably a "well, duh" type question but, I presume the groove you're referring to is the one that says "Use when paired with rear springs" and not the one above it that says "Do not use".

Thanks in advance! I've never done anything like this to a truck so I'm trying to do my due diligence and research as much as possible. I want to do it right the first time.

View attachment 139573
It’s been a while, so I had to reference my own post for a reminder. I set it on #2 from the bottom, which is labeled “use when paired with rear springs” (which I had). Also, I installed non-ORG front springs on the front shocks.

Rywolf

Reaction score
It’s been a while, so I had to reference my own post for a reminder. I set it on #2 from the bottom, which is labeled “use when paired with rear springs” (which I had). Also, I installed non-ORG front springs on the front shocks.

I currently have this kit on order and the Ready Lift UCA Just wanted to know if you had any issues in four-wheel drive with vibrations when set at position #2?
Heard mixed reviews about CV angles with anything above 2.5.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread