5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edge pulsar issues ?!

blownout1500

Reaction score
I've been running with one for about 5000+ miles and haven't had any issues with mine. I've been getting about 18-19 mpg on 35" tires.

Do you have your ground under the bolt head against the Pulsar unit or between the Pulsar and the ECU?

RamRebel19

Reaction score
Folks are having their trucks randomly go into limp mode in the middle of nowhere and you’re somehow using it as an opportunity to brag about your window tint and your leveling links. LOL
And folks are having their trucks get stuck on WOT without any mods on them as well. It is not necessarily a tuning item that is causing issues with people's trucks. These things are mass produced and you are bound to have some issues with them here and there.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks are having their trucks randomly go into limp mode in the middle of nowhere and you’re somehow using it as an opportunity to brag about your window tint and your leveling links. LOL
Somehow the window tint keeps mine running right. Just a tip.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I have a pulsar for sale if anyone is interested. I had issues so i called them and told them i want refund. They said send it back. So i did.
A week later i get it back and said it was updated. I haven't installed it to check and dont want to as i have Tazer and dont want the conflict.

PM me if your interesdted. Product is NIB
Have u sold it?

blownout1500

Reaction score
I am having this EXACT same issue. I called pulsar and they sent me another one. I just i9nstalled it and now I am having the same issue with the second device. Something isn't right......

Have you contacted edge about a refund?

I’m on my second Pulsar unit as well. Working so far, but no reason to expect it’s not going to give me the same issue after ~1,000m like the first unit.

It’s a bummer - fun to drive when it works!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Have you contacted edge about a refund?

I’m on my second Pulsar unit as well. Working so far, but no reason to expect it’s not going to give me the same issue after ~1,000m like the first unit.

It’s a bummer - fun to drive when it works!

Diablo has the tuner outnow for our 2019 Rams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandride

Reaction score
You can try putting the ground wire in between the PCM and the mounting nut plate. That way you're sure that the PCM is grounded. And as long as the PCM is grounded then the pulsar should be grounded too.

Yes that is the best solution,

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with mine, called Pulsars Customer base and they shipped me one right out to replace it. It has been two days of totally happiness andddddd this morning, I get the christmas tree dash lights yet again.

At this point I don't know what to do, I will give it another month of dealing with this issue and then I am selling if it keeps throwing those codes.

So I installed an edge pulsar 5 k miles ago and the first 4k it worked wonderfully and the truck ran great. However the last 1000 miles, something weird started happening.

Seemingly every 100 to 500 miles, Sometimes less (50 ?) Numerous warning lights on the dash go off, the truck becomes sluggish but still drivable. Once i turn it off and back on the warning lights (forward collision, throttle sensorr, stability cobtrol, cross path light and front and back sensors) all turn back off and performance is restored. The check engine light remains on for 20 to 30 miles and then eventually turns off as well.
View attachment 19369
I called pulsar and they said maybe it wasnt seated onto the pcm firmly so I disconnected and reconnected everything and made extra careconnected firmly. The issue reappeared 50 miles and a day later.

So now I have completely disconnected the pulsar. I'm going to call them tomorrow to either send them the unit for a new one or ask for a refund ( or wait and see if the truck repeats the issue without the pulsar)

Has anyone else experienced similar orrecommend another course of action ?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had the same issue with mine, called Pulsars Customer base and they shipped me one right out to replace it. It has been two days of totally happiness andddddd this morning, I get the christmas tree dash lights yet again.

At this point I don't know what to do, I will give it another month of dealing with this issue and then I am selling if it keeps throwing those codes.
I'm about a week with the new Pulsar that they sent me because the old one was throwing codes. So far, no thrown codes or other issues. I hope it continues because I love driving my truck in Performance Mode.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I'm about a week with the new Pulsar that they sent me because the old one was throwing codes. So far, no thrown codes or other issues. I hope it continues because I love driving my truck in Performance Mode.

I tried 2 of them and they both lasted about 2 weeks and then started messing up so I sent them back and got a refund. Just ordered me a Diablo Tuner and extra pcm. When I get it I'm going to get a custom tune for my truck.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I tried 2 of them and they both lasted about 2 weeks and then started messing up so I sent them back and got a refund. Just ordered me a Diablo Tuner and extra pcm. When I get it I'm going to get a custom tune for my truck.

yea let us know how that goes!

whetrick1

Reaction score
The last one I had on my 2016 with a custom tune ran great and without of any issues.

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
I also installed the Edge Pulsar on my 2019 Ram and the same thing is happening to me. Same lights and all. Took into the dealership and the re-flashed the computer for lack of a better word. They made it sound like there was a Dodge bulletin issued for this. Anyway it did it again. All same lights again. Now just check engine light still on. I'm going to remove the Pulsar and see if it happens again. Haven't taken in to dealer just yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First Pulsar threw codes and dash had that "christmas tree" look. Noticed that the center top reading would change from Pulsar reading to radio reading from time to time. Fast forward, new unit reads only Pulsar reading at all times, and unit works as designed. Hope it stays that way (crossed fingers!!!).

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Big issue with mine throwing all codes where the whole dash would light up...was making sure your connection was tight.

I Exercise the connectors that connect into the pulsar and my check engine light goes away.

Hopefully this helps others since it was driving to almost selling my Pulsar last month.

Users who are viewing this thread