5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edge pulsar issues ?!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Edge is pretty good with support. They will need to get it in hand before they can give you anymore about cost because they need to make sure it wasn't damaged by user

Georgf

Reaction score
Edge is pretty good with support. They will need to get it in hand before they can give you anymore about cost because they need to make sure it wasn't damaged by user
Ok, if you have so good expirience of Edge support i will send them my Pulsar. Thank you for suggest me.

Rebond

Reaction score
I had the newer Part # 32453 Pulsar on my 22 Ram 5.7 for about 8,000 miles (one year) and had no issues. I did update it with the cable I purchased separately.

Ground strap between pulsar and ECU. Always ran it in performance - MDS off with 93 octane.

I thought it was a great unit, but ended up getting an unlocked ECM and Trinity 2 for my Procharger.

I just haven't had time to sell it, so it sits in a box. I did really enjoy it while it was on the truck though.

Georgf

Reaction score
One more question, does anyone know is Edge cable for update Pulsar exclusive or some cheap OBD2-USB will work too?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One more question, does anyone know is Edge cable for update Pulsar exclusive or some cheap OBD2-USB will work too?
Most of the cheaper OBD to USB cables I have found were for power only. Not data transfer

Georgf

Reaction score
Most of the cheaper OBD to USB cables I have found were for power only. Not data transfer
I also assumed this, thanks. Edge could make update possibility via WiFi by a cheap OBD reader and App, but they use cable.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, if you have so good expirience of Edge support i will send them my Pulsar. Thank you for suggest me.

If Edge products were as fantastic as their support is, they wouldn’t need such great support!

Seriously though, the stuff these products do isn’t that simple, and they’re not THAT prone to issues.

But I have had multiple issues with other Edge products, and every time Edge support surprised me going way above and beyond.

Pleasant surprises in service like that are exceptionally rare these days.

Georgf

Reaction score
Hi all. Can someone tell me in detail how to update my Pulsar? I couldn't find a video of the process on YouTube.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. Can someone tell me in detail how to update my Pulsar? I couldn't find a video of the process on YouTube.
You have to buy the special OBD2 cable from Edge and download the updates from the website. Them connect with laptop.

Georgf

Reaction score
You have to buy the special OBD2 cable from Edge and download the updates from the website. Them connect with laptop.
This steps I know already, thanks, but I need details, must i use Update Agent or another software, in what mode of Start button it will work, needed SGW bypass or not, step by step.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This steps I know already, thanks, but I need details, must i use Update Agent or another software, in what mode of Start button it will work, needed SGW bypass or not, step by step.
Yes, you have to use the Edge update software.

"OBDII port to USB Update Cable (Pulsar). Use this cable to update your Pulsar Product by connecting a PC laptop through USB and to the trucks OBDII port. Once connected you will need to use theUpdate Agent 1.0tool to download new updates to your Pulsar."

I'm sure one you are connected through the update agent it will be self explanatory. Otherwise, you are probably better off just contacting Edge customer support.

Georgf

Reaction score
Yes, you have to use the Edge update software.

"OBDII port to USB Update Cable (Pulsar). Use this cable to update your Pulsar Product by connecting a PC laptop through USB and to the trucks OBDII port. Once connected you will need to use theUpdate Agent 1.0tool to download new updates to your Pulsar."

I'm sure one you are connected through the update agent it will be self explanatory. Otherwise, you are probably better off just contacting Edge customer support.
Thank you, will try

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reason you are trying to update it?

Georgf

Reaction score
Is there a reason you are trying to update it?
Mine is throwing error codes sometimes, but i can't send it to Edge to repare because i'm not in US now. They say it was problem with ground in first products, maybe there is the reason, but i can't even open it. Just trying to do anything, to make it working without sending to Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread