5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

e-Torque Battery Pack replacement

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Were you able to tell where the wire was grounded at? Like behind the seat or underneath the truck? Or was it just what the service guys told you?
Someone had a picture of theirs, where it corroded. It's under the rear seat, under the carpet.

barrak

Reaction score
Were you able to tell where the wire was grounded at? Like behind the seat or underneath the truck? Or was it just what the service guys told you?
A late answer but a good place to park this excellent video:

peedee

Reaction score
Honestly I have seen this too many times. When a current customer needs a part and all the company cares about once the sale is done is to keep all those parts for new production and ignore the vehicles in need of repair is the worst kind of customer service you can get. This will not help with customer retention or loyalty. All this type of behavior will do is turn people off and they WILL switch to another manufacturer.

The type of repairs that take a customers vehicle off the road should be top priorities even if they have to pull the part from factory stock. If the issue doesn't affect the vehicles road worthiness then most of us can wait out a back order. A further example of this is recalls. If you bought a truck and it needs a recall performed, dealers will typically fix the trucks in stock on their lot before they fix an already sold one. Extremely poor way of doing business and this will catch up with companies that cant figure out how to solve this serious issue.

Why is this critical part of logistics not given the proper attention it needs?
To give away my age, my last MOPAR was a '67 Plymouth Belvedere purchased in 1972. I decided in 2022 on a new RAM Rebel with 5.7 HEMI and eTorque. I had several electronic gremlins that appeared (failure to shift out of 1st gear, sudden brake lock down, and check engine lights) then went away. The eTorque battery system failed at 38k miles and it stalled and had to be towed in. The truck is paid for and out of warranty. It has been sitting at a RAM dealer for 3 weeks, supposedly waiting on difficult to get battery pack replacement parts. The dealer has adequate staff to provide me with a fleet of new trucks in this 3 week timeframe but does not have the parts or staff to repair one used truck. My lesson learned; stick with a manufacturer that has the fewest complaints and dealers that have good reviews on their service. When this sick billy goat is able to walk again, I'm switching back to GM or maybe give the blue oval a try.

Users who are viewing this thread