5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drivers side Sun Visor broken

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago i moved the drivers side sun visor to the left across the drivers door window and the plastic covering the bracket broke off. It must have gotten bound up somehow and just twisted right off. Once the plastic was gone the metal inside remained but visor was at that point kind of wobbly. I took it into the dealer today and they replaced the entire visor (with Garage opener on it). They couldn't just order the plastic part that broke. Seems a terrible waste of money to have to replace that under warranty.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably also cheaper to replace a $30 assembly than to pay a tech 2hrs labor to tear it apart and rebuild it. Less chance of them screwing something up too

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And for the record you do need to reprogram your garage door buttons since it appears that they are stored in the visor electronics

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received a replacement driver's visor due to a homelink button being stuck. $256 for the complete visor, which was surprisingly high to me.

parkensteph

Reaction score
I need to replace my visor as well. Started the same way but the whole thing came down a day or two later. Ugh

LiveFree

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me. First passenger side, then 4 days later drivers side. Dealer said happens all the time, weak design where plastic gives out with all the heat here in AZ.

Texaspony

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago i moved the drivers side sun visor to the left across the drivers door window and the plastic covering the bracket broke off. It must have gotten bound up somehow and just twisted right off. Once the plastic was gone the metal inside remained but visor was at that point kind of wobbly. I took it into the dealer today and they replaced the entire visor (with Garage opener on it). They couldn't just order the plastic part that broke. Seems a terrible waste of money to have to replace that under warranty.
I have same issue exactly today(Sept 19 2021) even though I bought the truck less than a year ago. It's so terrible poor qualiry on it. Can be replaced with free of charge??

pcorrao1

Reaction score
Hard to believe, but the same thing also just happened to me today, Sept 19, 2021. I am presently at the mid point of a cross country road trip from FL, spending most of the time at the national parks in AZ and UT. Just tried a fix using super glue. It is holding so far, but I don't plan to use it for at least 24 hours. Will let you know if it works.

pjz

Reaction score
Mine just broke as well.
Drivers side, just fell out of the socket when flipping it down.

RHague

Reaction score

RHague

Reaction score
Mine has been feeling “loose” the last few weeks. Suddenly today it just dropped down in front of me right when I was merging into a large interchange. I lost control and ended up going right through a gore at high speed. Luckily no one next to me and I made it back on to the highway. Crazy. This is a huge safety issue!

pjz

Reaction score
Yikes! Glad all is ok. Agree, it’s an issue even when you know it’s broken.

Texaspony

Reaction score
Mine has been feeling “loose” the last few weeks. Suddenly today it just dropped down in front of me right when I was merging into a large interchange. I lost control and ended up going right through a gore at high speed. Luckily no one next to me and I made it back on to the highway. Crazy. This is a huge safety issue!
I am sure it should have been provided voluntary recall service for the issue. I had a similar situation when I get to work in the morning. It's horrible safety issue.
CR, CPSC and etc. have to aware of the issue

Attachments

• 20211002_083454.jpg
    20211002_083454.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 106

pjz

Reaction score
I called the dealer to get mine replaced. They are ordering and will get it installed soon. Service guy acknowledge its and issue.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi RHague,
We're sorry to hear this happened. We'd suggest visiting your local dealer for repairs. If you'd like any additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM. We're here to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

pjz

Reaction score
Hi RHague,
We're sorry to hear this happened. We'd suggest visiting your local dealer for repairs. If you'd like any additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM. We're here to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Nice to see some input from @RamCares!

RamBlin19

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 visor recently broke loose too, seems to be pretty common. It’s holding for now but it’s unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread