5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver Side Creak- Inside- Video

illucid

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Just got back from driving about 30 km and the noise is gone!! Thank you so much to the member that found the source of this noise (sorry I can't see your name as I post this), this noise has been driving me crazy for several months now!. I will be showing my dealer this fix as they've been very helpful in trying to determine the source of the noise and they need to pass this info through to the engineering department. If everybody who has this noise shows the dealer then maybe FCA will come up with a TSB and an actual fix (not just a cloth stuffed in there lol).
On a side note, while I was under the truck I looked at the body mounts where the TSB was performed and it looks like one side isn't lined up like the other. Can somebody who knows what these are supposed to look like take a look at these pics of left and right front body mounts and let me know if this is all good or should I be worried?
20190225_140053.jpg
20190225_140122.jpg

Well, I stuffed a microfiber cloth in between the body and that wiring and so far..... NO Creak!!! I'm trying not to get too excited yet until I drive the thing around a bit longer but if this is really the fix for this noise then FCA needs to come up with a TSB for this. I'm okay with a cloth in there for now to kill the sound but I'm OCD and would like it if they had a proper fix for this.

Last edited:

Lablvr2

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Just got back from driving about 30 km and the noise is gone!! Thank you so much to the member that found the source of this noise (sorry I can't see your name as I post this), this noise has been driving me crazy for several months now!. I will be showing my dealer this fix as they've been very helpful in trying to determine the source of the noise and they need to pass this info through to the engineering department. If everybody who has this noise shows the dealer then maybe FCA will come up with a TSB and an actual fix (not just a cloth stuffed in there lol).
On a side note, while I was under the truck I looked at the body mounts where the TSB was performed and it looks like one side isn't lined up like the other. Can somebody who knows what these are supposed to look like take a look at these pics of left and right front body mounts and let me know if this is all good or should I be worried?
View attachment 17134
View attachment 17135

Well, I stuffed a microfiber cloth in between the body and that wiring and so far..... NO Creak!!! I'm trying not to get too excited yet until I drive the thing around a bit longer but if this is really the fix for this noise then FCA needs to come up with a TSB for this. I'm okay with a cloth in there for now to kill the sound but I'm OCD and would like it if they had a proper fix for this.

You are welcome bro.. we are all un-paid testers when it comes to new model year aches and pains so might as well help each other out!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are welcome bro.. we are all un-paid testers when it comes to new model year aches and pains so might as well help each other out!
Piggy backing of lablvr2s find with the loom, thanks for posting your find by the way, I found the actual culprit , ram zip tied the harness with a pinned zip tie off of the top of the frame and the little snipped flag is not cut short enough and rubs on the floor pan, I cut the zip tie and moved the harness out of the way and you can see the black spot where the zip tie has been rubbing for a while, once again thanks lablvr2 for finding the exact location

Attachments

• 20190226_172422.jpg
    20190226_172422.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Lablvr2

Reaction score
UPDATE:

View attachment 17134
View attachment 17135

Just a quick tip.. I have used this 3m moisture tape in various applications. For those that don't want to use felt or (socks) lol it works great between harness and body or frame. I have even used it to seal body holes on other trucks where there were no plugs. Home depot has it for a few bucks or Amazon too..

Attachments

• 20190227_085625.jpg
    20190227_085625.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 165

KRField

Reaction score
I had mine back at the dealer for this. They said there is a STAR case for it and fixed it with taping a wire. We will see if they taped the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had mine back at the dealer for this. They said there is a STAR case for it and fixed it with taping a wire. We will see if they taped the right one.

Yeah all this caused by a 2 cent zip tie not getting cut short enough. I just cut it loose and re zip tied the loom a little lower on the frame, problem solved.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm familiar with the phrase "Put a sock in it.", but never thought it would apply in this type of situation.

Leonardi8222

Reaction score
The first picture is looking directly up from below the drivers floor pan. The second picture is looking towards the front of the truck, parallel with the frame rail. The green arrows point towards the front of the truck. The yellow indicates the active tuned mass modules. The red circle is where I stuffed a section of thick sock material between the floor pan and the rubbing wiring harness. The blue circle is where a loose wiring connector sits in a frame cradle. I stuffed sock material in there as well to stop it from moving and rattling. I hope this helps!

View attachment 17011
View attachment 17010
Is there any update on this on a fix from Ram: I have the same creeping noise in mine. Did the socks work long term? Thanks.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still no creak!
At 2500 miles I just noticed this creaking today especially at lower speeds (10-25mph) and bumpy roads. I swore it sounded like something was loose in the driver side dash board! Hopefully this is the source of my problem. I'm glad I found this thread. I have to bring the truck in this week for other issues so I'll have them look in the area that the helpful members have identified.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Anyone by chance have the star case # on this issue? Thanks

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
I have spent multiple visits at Omaha NE area dealerships (two) for this same issue. People have been in the car, heard it, and then denied they heard this. Videos are exact same thing. I just crammed stuff in there. Please tell me this fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread