5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Panels misaligned

Lawn guy

Reaction score
See attached.
Just bought a 2019 Ram Rebel didn't notice till I got home . back rear passenger door is really misaligned. It's sunk in at the top corner and pushed out at the bottom. So thought maybe had been in an accident. After reading this forum I see other owners have the same exact problem. This is my third Dodge Ram in 15 years. The other two had perfect panel alignment. I don't understand how something like this can happen in today's modern car assembly plants. Not a good sign for Fiat Chrysler.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Ram Rebel didn't notice till I got home . back rear passenger door is really misaligned. It's sunk in at the top corner and pushed out at the bottom. So thought maybe had been in an accident. After reading this forum I see other owners have the same exact problem. This is my third Dodge Ram in 15 years. The other two had perfect panel alignment. I don't understand how something like this can happen in today's modern car assembly plants. Not a good sign for Fiat Chrysler.
Curious as to your trucks build date. The early builds suffered quite a bit in this regard, but what I've seen lately has been almost perfect.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019207 miles.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Just realligned my striker plates. Much better fitment, sounds better when shutting the door, and I think some of the very minor rattles have gone away.

I've also had a really bad wind noise at highway speeds but I wont know if that's fixed until my trip next weekend.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Common problem FCA will give you the run around saying its normal. my striker plate had no adjustment , a body man friend fixed mine in 30 minutes at the hinges , had to drill one hole larger.

Lawn guy

Reaction score
Curious as to your trucks build date. The early builds suffered quite a bit in this regard, but what I've seen lately has been almost perfect.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019207 miles.
I think mine is actually almost a full year since production . built 4 / 19.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Common problem FCA will give you the run around saying its normal. my striker plate had no adjustment , a body man friend fixed mine in 30 minutes at the hinges , had to drill one hole larger.
There is adjustment at the striker plate, the factory must have used some sore of mild adhesive when installing the plate the striker bolts to. Just loosen the bolts 1-2 turns and hit the striker inward with a hammer and you will be able to adjust them after that. I did the same thing this morning.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Must be on the inside where the nuts are , i have had my striker plate off, ill check . Thank You

iampapaking

Reaction score
Update. I escalated up to the general manager and owner at the dealership this morning. They called me today and told me their Chrysler engineer was on site and asked me to come by. Within 30 mins they aligned the doors and it looks great now. Road noise went down as well. They gave me a printout of all the specs related to the doors. If anyone cares to look at it let me know
I want those specs. I just bought a new 2020 Ram and the left passenger door looks just like the pictures in this post. I only just now noticed because I was washing it for the first time.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree, not normal at all.
Mine look perfect:

D878F523-F4D6-4B30-AE66-5A5686A881D3.jpeg DE590D1C-1EB0-4C24-874A-C3952B269B0A.jpeg 027D4531-73FB-4239-A982-E381F5477687.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread