5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Panels misaligned

EddieB

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed misaligned doors on their 2019 ram? Specifically on the rear doors? I noticed my 19's rear doors don't appear to be shut all the way and the front driver door looks like it sticks out about 1/16" of inch. I went to the dealer and noticed that all the vehicles on the lot had the same exact issue.

The striker plate doesn't appear to look like it can be adjusted. Any ideas? Has anyone had to remove the striker plate to make adjustments?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah lets see some pictures. My truck is super smooth around the doors.

Hutch70

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed misaligned doors on their 2019 ram? Specifically on the rear doors? I noticed my 19's rear doors don't appear to be shut all the way and the front driver door looks like it sticks out about 1/16" of inch. I went to the dealer and noticed that all the vehicles on the lot had the same exact issue.

The striker plate doesn't appear to look like it can be adjusted. Any ideas? Has anyone had to remove the striker plate to make adjustments?
My front driver's door looks like it's not closed all the way. Service department said they see this a lot. They said it would take a full day to fix it.

EddieB

Reaction score
See attached.

Attachments

• B4D1D1CC-8DB1-4F09-A169-8CF5CB64C4EB.jpeg
    B4D1D1CC-8DB1-4F09-A169-8CF5CB64C4EB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 386
  • 14CB2010-2FFD-4556-B465-BD6E7A086928.jpeg
    14CB2010-2FFD-4556-B465-BD6E7A086928.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 381

EddieB

Reaction score
My front driver's door looks like it's not closed all the way. Service department said they see this a lot. They said it would take a full day to fix it.
All the trucks on the lot had this problem. I have an fca case

Atcje

Reaction score
Mine are the same way. Taking it in Monday to get fixed. Mine is almost a 1/4 difference between the front and back doors on driver's side. My paint is blemished as well on 1 of the doors, they are telling me they will sand the door and repaint it...... the truck is less then a week old.

EddieB

Reaction score
Mine are the same way. Taking it in Monday to get fixed. Mine is almost a 1/4 difference between the front and back doors on driver's side. My paint is blemished as well on 1 of the doors, they are telling me they will sand the door and repaint it...... the truck is less then a week old.
I’ve noticed a blemish on the passenger side front door. I would caution getting it painted. I would be too afraid that they would never get it right.

Atcje

Reaction score
I am extremely afraid of that. Right now I feel I bought and paid for a brand new wrecked truck.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2016 F150 looked exactly like that. I had to take it to a body shop to have it fixed because I didn't trust the dealer. My F150 also had multiple large paint flaws and it should never had left the factory like that.

My Limited was made in June and I've only found on tiny flaw in the clear coat so far and my door alignment looks great.

EddieB

Reaction score
My 2016 F150 looked exactly like that. I had to take it to a body shop to have it fixed because I didn't trust the dealer. My F150 also had multiple large paint flaws and it should never had left the factory like that.

My Limited was made in June and I've only found on tiny flaw in the clear coat so far and my door alignment looks great.
Interesting. My wife has a 2015 Ford Edge. Identical issue.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It has been industry practice for decades that the trail edge of a side panel is out a ways from the leading edge of the following panel (panel offset). This is to prevent paint chipping and erosion of the leading edge of the following panel caused by grit or sand moving in the airstream down the side of a moving vehicle. Each model, of course, has a specification and some vehicles have more of this offset than others.

The question would be if this offset is within specification and consistent across all panels.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001866 miles.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That February build date probably doesn't make you feel any better. Have faith that the dealer will get it sorted out!

Users who are viewing this thread