5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dog hauler and dog pics

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
97231a2d1cd00b84032d59b3f7abc0ef.jpg

She is a purebred redbone coonhound ahole.

He is a rescue Black and Tan coonhound.
66762ea24f1dbbce9adfc0359152f583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL ya i had a blue trick years ago, and the neighbor feeds about 30 wild cats, when she would get on their sent she would run back and forth in the woods baying for a hour or so. the first time she did that i thought someone cut her tail off because she was so loud. She wouldn't even stop for a hot dog that I gave her. (one track mind) My Rhodesian Ridge-backs are very stubborn also and will only react to positive reinforcement. Yell all you want they look at you and think what a idiot

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah they are a special breed for sure. She only responds to negative reinforcement. And he is timid and only reacts to positive reinforcement. Our past female was the same.

Still love ‘em though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueMoose

Reaction score
Got a year and a half old, 128 lb. Boerboel pup that I like to take in the 21 Ram 2500 Big Horn Cummins Crew Cab. These dogs have hairs that are like fishhooks - really hard to get out of some upholstered surfaces. They are particularly hard to get out of the fabric that covers the underside of the back seat of the truck. I haul the pup in the back seat with the seat bottoms folded up against the rear seat backs. Looking for something to protect the seat bottoms from the beast's hair. Suggestions?
A fitted twin sheet has been working reasonably well for me so far.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of my guys is 12 and his jump isn't as jumpy as it used to be, so I was looking at some stairs for him. Does anyone know the height of the rear floor with the truck in entry/exit mode?

Last edited:

2019Raven

Reaction score
My 2 pups. Looking for ideas on a “dog deck” for the Raven (rebel truck). My last Ram (2015 2500) had a fold flat floor that was the perfect height.

Attachments

• D758D2EE-7840-448D-A23D-A53F9A66D915.jpeg
    D758D2EE-7840-448D-A23D-A53F9A66D915.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 25

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my last Ram had the fold flat floor too, but that was a CC. I don't think it's available on the QC which is why I had to get creative this time. There's a lot of options/ideas out there for you though.

834k3r

Reaction score
Are you going to transport your cat or dog by yourself in the car? No matter what they say, the safety of animals during road transport should be given no less attention than children and adults.
You had an infinite number of choices for your first post, and that's what you went with?

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The cut out (presumably so she can jump up to the cab floor then up to the platform) is a brilliant idea.
That is exactly why I did it. She would be able to make the higher jump now but in a few years that may not be true. Dobermans just like German Shepherds and some of the other bigger breeds are prone to hip problems.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not only that, but you could fold that seat down and have a second human passenger if needed. Granted, they'd probably be getting all the doggy loving since the human would be in her usual seating area, but I could think of worse ways to spend a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread