5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone use Spotify for music?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha, I think you just explained what Husker and I were both trying to say. I for one was way to lazy to type it all out so completely. Nice job
Ha ha. Yeah, I type a lot but I'm pretty quick about it. I took a typing class in school because it was full of girls. This was back when we had a "computer lab" with maybe 10 units and CGA monitors. Computers weren't a household item, and they certainly weren't something you used every day. I learned to type with home row and can do it just as fast as I talk, without looking at the keyboard. As computers became mainstream, this really paid off. Lucky random choice in my youth.
Anyway. That's why I typically type a lot. It flows, just like having a conversation, so I don't mind going in depth with stuff.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
So I think I'm going to subscribe to a premium account. I have two options for a single plan. One is the Single Premium plan which will give me one free month and the second is a Single Premium for Samsung which gives me 3 free months. Both plans are still $9.99 per month. Besides the free trial time, does anyone know the differences between these two plans? Would I be limited to only playing on a samsung device if I chose that plan? Are the services the same? I emailed Spotify and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Anyone know anything about the differences? Screenshot_20220804-072521_Spotify.jpg

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just taking a shot here because I don't know, but as it reads, I would assume the Samsung version will only work on your Samsung device(s) such as phone, tablet, etc. The other version seems to be able to work on any device, so you could stream via your phone, or you computer. The computer compatible version may appeal to people who work in an office, or have multiple devices that aren't all Samsung. If you plan to stream through your phone and sync to your devices (such as bluetooth, or via usb cable to your truck) then I don't see any reason to forgo the extra 2 free months.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'm just taking a shot here because I don't know, but as it reads, I would assume the Samsung version will only work on your Samsung device(s) such as phone, tablet, etc. The other version seems to be able to work on any device, so you could stream via your phone, or you computer. The computer compatible version may appeal to people who work in an office, or have multiple devices that aren't all Samsung. If you plan to stream through your phone and sync to your devices (such as bluetooth, or via usb cable to your truck) then I don't see any reason to forgo the extra 2 free months.
They did get back to me and said there was nothing going different between the two options Screenshot_20220804-114737_Email.jpg Screenshot_20220804-115006_Email.jpg

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yea, they just get a little kickback from Samsung. It's just a partner advertising deal.
Yeah that's what im thinking. I wound up signing up for that samsung premium plan. I got that 3 month trial offer so I won't actually be billed until November. It does allow me to cancel anytime if I decide I don't like it

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Just an update since I started this thread awhile ago. I did sign up for the premium version for $10. per month and and I'm loving it. I'm finding a bunch of music I never heard of from people I ha e listened to before. I was leary about paying for music but I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I'll keep lol

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an update since I started this thread awhile ago. I did sign up for the premium version for $10. per month and and I'm loving it. I'm finding a bunch of music I never heard of from people I ha e listened to before. I was leary about paying for music but I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I'll keep lol
Same. We were using amazon music since we already have prime, but since the latest update, it's been garbage. Always crashing with carplay, it was terrible. So we jumped to spotify and cancelled the wife's sirius. I live pretty rural, so it's nice to be able to download playlists too.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also cancelled Amazon Music HD for Spotify Premium.
Theoretically a sound quality decrease from Ultra HD to 320kps (CD-quality), but i can't tell on the truck audio.
But the app experience is so much better, and Amazon Music got expensive.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve been trying a free 6 month trial of unlimited Apple Music and like it so much I’m probably gonna continue with the $10 subscription. I’m very surprised by the amount of content Apple Music has in their library. Been finding rare stuff I can't find anywhere else. It integrates perfectly with my loaded iTunes music on my iPhone from and connects nicely on my UConnect 12” screen with CarPlay.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't like Apple products, but they nailed it with Apple Music. Had it on my Android for the last three years.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like to hear that and it’s awesome. My big issue I’ve run into lately is that I’m paying for a bunch of different services at once and am getting burnt out from services because of it. Amazon (has music app), Hulu, HBO, Discovery, Disney, and Netfilx. Seems like about the same amount or maybe a little more than cable. Thinking of adding another gives me heartburn.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I like to hear that and it’s awesome. My big issue I’ve run into lately is that I’m paying for a bunch of different services at once and am getting burnt out from services because of it. Amazon (has music app), Hulu, HBO, Discovery, Disney, and Netfilx. Seems like about the same amount or maybe a little more than cable. Thinking of adding another gives me heartburn.
Trust me I get it. I just got rid of my cable that I was paying over $200 a month for to only watch the 5 or 6 channels that I actually do watch. I refuse to get sucked back into spending stupid money on streaming app. I cut my cable bill in half and I still have all the channels I like watching plus basically an unlimited amount of other channels and movies. My step daughter has a couple streaming apps she pays for but let's us have the passwords for so we can watch them too which is a great help. We all pay for an app but share our passwords for them within the family

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me I get it. I just got rid of my cable that I was paying over $200 a month for to only watch the 5 or 6 channels that I actually do watch. I refuse to get sucked back into spending stupid money on streaming app. I cut my cable bill in half and I still have all the channels I like watching plus basically an unlimited amount of other channels and movies. My step daughter has a couple streaming apps she pays for but let's us have the passwords for so we can watch them too which is a great help. We all pay for an app but share our passwords for them within the family
The costs seem to suck all around, I guess. Seeing you mention $200 seems ridiculous, but I’m probably at or over that with my internet by itself being $100/month. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’ll have to calculate that now and edit with the total.

Edit: I’m currently at $191.19/month, so too f’in much.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The costs seem to suck all around, I guess. Seeing you mention $200 seems ridiculous, but I’m probably at or over that with my internet by itself being $100/month. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’ll have to calculate that now and edit with the total.

Edit: I’m currently at $191.19/month, so too f’in much.
My internet is $65 and I use a Roku stick ($40 one time purchase) and an app called Philo for $25 per month for the cable stations I watch and $10 for Spotify. I also use a digital antenna for my free local channels which i get like 25 watchable channels. The step daughter let's me use her paramount+, Hulu and Netflix apps which I hardly ever use. All of that combined I have way more channels than I'll ever watch for 1/2 the price

Users who are viewing this thread