5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distance per tank

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
does everyone put the instantaneous mpg meter on display at all times, you can make it a game and figure out the best throttle positions for the best mpg

Ramit71

Reaction score
Ram rebel non etorque 33 gal tank. I get roughly 500 per tank of mixed driving.

DannyMc

Reaction score
Usually it’s 590-630 DTE after fill up. I get high 17s in town, 21 on highway at 73mph, much better on 60-65 roads. I lose about 3/10ths in Auto 4x4. 5.7 e-Torque, 3.21 gears, 33 gal., 2200 miles so far.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree, I’ve put 26 in a 26 and didn't push it into the gas station...
I had a driving range of 26 miles (dash showed 16.1 mpg) and filled with 22.7 gallons. I figure at 16.1 mpg and 26 miles I had 1.6 gallons till I hit 0 for the range. That would give me a refill if I went to 0 range of 24.3 gallons.
My question: Did you go beyond the 0 range to fill with 26 gallons? By how many miles if you did?
I am not familiar with the location/position of the fuel pump in the tank. But does FCA Ram calculate the range (leaving 1 1/2 gals.) to keep the fuel pump immersed in gasoline for lubrication and cooling?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only got roughly 250 miles out of one tank on mine...But, I just filled up this morning (21 gallons) so I'll see if this tank does any better. Truck only has 270 miles on it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I only got roughly 250 miles out of one tank on mine...But, I just filled up this morning (21 gallons) so I'll see if this tank does any better. Truck only has 270 miles on it.
Even all city miles (17-18 mpg showing) I have over 400 miles to empty showing.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I had a driving range of 26 miles (dash showed 16.1 mpg) and filled with 22.7 gallons. I figure at 16.1 mpg and 26 miles I had 1.6 gallons till I hit 0 for the range. That would give me a refill if I went to 0 range of 24.3 gallons.
My question: Did you go beyond the 0 range to fill with 26 gallons? By how many miles if you did?
I am not familiar with the location/position of the fuel pump in the tank. But does FCA Ram calculate the range (leaving 1 1/2 gals.) to keep the fuel pump immersed in gasoline for lubrication and cooling?
I once put in 25+ with maybe 10-15 miles left to zero. That was crammed in till “running over”.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My driving is likely the easiest of the forum average, I do have a pano 5’7 Limited 4x4 but no e torque and 3.21’s, stock all season tires, no tonneau (just under 2000 miles).

I have not hand calculated (better do that) so I’m depending on the lie-o-meter... with all those qualifications I’m getting 17 city and 22-24 highway (at 65-70) with a little hilly terrain. I’m an easy to accelerate kind of guy
(the 1/2 mile of traffic behind me is proof of that) so I believe the 2019’s 225 lb lighter weight, the great 8 spd and the 3.21 street gears really help.
I was kinda trained by the F150 ecoboost, didn't want to spool up those turbos too much. The best it got was 22 highway, maybe 18 city.

chithead

Reaction score
Since purchasing the truck Friday - our first tank of fuel, Have put right at 200 miles on the truck, and still have just over half a tank left.

Jsierra88

Reaction score
Limited
4x4
26gal
V8
1300 on the odometer and I’m getting 265 on fill up, I’m beginning to think something is wrong?!?!
Did you ever figure out why the mile range? Mine is going through the same thing and I just got mine.

2020 1500 Laramie 3.92 4x4

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
650-800 miles per 33 gallon tank, but don’t drop below 1/8 full ever. Usually only put in 26-28 gallons. 2021 ED Rebel with 3.92s.

Varies wildly depending on ambient temp and how much stop and go, length of trips…

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice to have more information on fuel efficiency by having several more pages.

On my wife’s car there is a user selectable screen where you select one of three different mileages to keep a rolling MPG.

I have it set at the maximum of 400 miles which averages out city and highway milage and gives an overall mileage efficiency.

It also saves the all time best MPG over a 400 mile stretch.

On my truck I’ve done a poor mans version of what my wife’s car does by not resetting Trip B every time I refuel.

Other then driving the truck off the lot the most expensive item to keep the a vehicle in the garage is the cost of fuel and the information given to us drivers is lackluster.

The data is there without adding other sensor so all that is needed is a software upgrade to give a few more screens on fuel efficiency.

EAB

Reaction score
Last week I just picked up my new 2023 Limited

Limited Hemi eTorque
4x4
26gal

On my first fill up it shows a 292 mile range, I feel I have been driving very gentile, but is that normal until the vehicle breaks in? Should I expect my range to increase...?

RedFred

Reaction score

Limited Hemi eTorque
4x4
26gal

On my first fill up it shows a 292 mile range, I feel I have been driving very gentile, but is that normal until the vehicle breaks in? Should I expect my range to increase...?

Yeah. But really depends on the type of driving you are doing. Are you on the highway much? When I am using my truck to run errands around town, the MPG and miles to empty start to decrease drastically. If you do a lot of short trips and city type driving, it is giving rough estimate of distance to empty based on your driving characteristics. Also, if you remote start your car and let it idle for longer periods, it effects the calculations and decreases mileage. Best bet is to just wait and see how you do on this fill up and take it from there.

RedFred

Reaction score

Limited Hemi eTorque
4x4
26gal

Also, if you just picked it up from dealership, the computer hasn't had a chance to learn your driving habits. So it's basing it's calculations on recent driving history, which includes in transit and at dealership start and stops.

EAB

Reaction score
Also, if you just picked it up from dealership, the computer hasn't had a chance to learn your driving habits. So it's basing it's calculations on recent driving history, which includes in transit and at dealership start and stops.

Thanks! And the 2023 limited I picked up has been on the lot for 160 days...so I wonder if that plays into it. And yes I live in DFW so mainly city driving so far...

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The range calculation is not based on driving habits, ever. It is just recent driving history.

So, yeah, a brand new truck that has only been driven in town is going to show a very low range calculation.

RedFred

Reaction score
The range calculation is not based on driving habits, ever. It is just recent driving history.

So, yeah, a brand new truck that has only been driven in town is going to show a very low range calculation.

Can't driving habits and driving history be the same thing? Not sure what you are talking about, but nice overreaction. Habits would include where you are driving, highway, city etc. If you have a habit of idling for long periods, but yeah I guess that would have nothing to do with recent driving history, sheesh.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My mileage went up after a few thousand miles. Then I put AT tires on and it went back down lol

My meter says 15.7 mpg. I am a spirited driver too though. I bought a Hemi for a reason lol

Reactions: jmr

Users who are viewing this thread