5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable seat belt chime

Buckys

Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but I tried this procedure on my '21 Laramie and it does not seem to be working.

Anyone else have similar experience?

BNeal

Reaction score
Took me a few tries, but I was able to get it to work on my '21 lImited. Make sure when you turn the ignition to the on position, you push it twice. Otherwise you will be Acc, not On.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why does nobody want to wear the damn seat belt?
I wear mine but you can't dictate when or if your front seat passenger wears their seatbelt. I'm not listening to the seatbelt chime if they don't wear a seatbelt or don't put it on right away.

titan3636

Reaction score
can alpha obd disable it? mine doesn't have a chime at all but not sure how it was disabled. the dash still says if driver or pass isn't buckled but it never chimes at all.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
can alpha obd disable it? mine doesn't have a chime at all but not sure how it was disabled. the dash still says if driver or pass isn't buckled but it never chimes at all.

Surprisingly, at least in the HD trucks, AlfaOBD cannot disable it. Only the "official" method works.

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
I wear mine but you can't dictate when or if your front seat passenger wears their seatbelt. I'm not listening to the seatbelt chime if they don't wear a seatbelt or don't put it on right away.

If somebody is adamant about not wearing the seatbelt in my truck, they can find another ride. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Scram1500

Reaction score
Why does nobody want to wear the damn seat belt?
Clicking and un-clicking the belt for example at boat ramps, backing up to a trailer, or moving limbs/branches to minimize off-road pinstriping gets old quick. The chime is designed to make you crazy until you put on your seatbelt, unless you don't need the belt

bucolic

Reaction score

Although I don't know anyone who was ticketed for a passenger not wearing a seatbelt, many states can ticket both the unbuckled passenger and the buckled-up driver. The driver is responsible for making sure everyone in the vehicle is adhering to the laws.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Although I don't know anyone who was ticketed for a passenger not wearing a seatbelt, many states can ticket both the unbuckled passenger and the buckled-up driver. The driver is responsible for making sure everyone in the vehicle is adhering to the laws.

I worded that last sentence poorly. I give my passengers ample time to put on their seatbelts, but some put it on after dicking around with other things they deem more important. None have ever not worn their seatbelt for more than a ~1/4 mile or so. Fortunately, I don't have to listen to the chime while they take their time getting buckled up.

Buckys

Reaction score
Took me a few tries, but I was able to get it to work on my '21 lImited. Make sure when you turn the ignition to the on position, you push it twice. Otherwise you will be Acc, not On.
Thanks. I did follow that. Even getting the come at the end that should acknowledge. Trying again...

Buckys

Reaction score
Repeated process three times today.

Each time, I get the acknowledgement chime and for about 10-20sec, I just get the seatbelt light with no chimes.

But then my truck starts chiming again.

Turn it off, rinse and repeat and it works for a short time and then reverts.

Along with constantly forgetting that I've paired my phone, I becoming convinced I got a 🍋 for an infotainment and general computer system.

Users who are viewing this thread