5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Gauge Cluster Overview

cliffsta

Reaction score
Learned something neat with the digital cluster. When you hit low fuel, it pops up an alert, lights a huge “normal” fuel light, and it changes the colors of the fuel gauge. IMG_8274.jpeg

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my 23 Laramie for about a week now and gotta say I am happy I was able to change my order to add the digital cluster when it became an add-on option about a week after placing the order. The functionality and customization is really nice.

seansmd

Reaction score
I am liking the digital cluster, not any missing information. Many of the gauges were ignored until something went wrong. The nice part of the digital, is like the fuel alert when a condition exists they can make it appropriately visible. Unlike noticing a gauge, the digital can pop it to the main view and draw your attention. I prefer clean with alerts. 20230519_161307.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been done a few times, and I have the conversion harness finalized. It’ll work for all 2019+, but the factory maps won’t display in the cluster unless using a 2023 BCM and 2023 UC5 radio module.
It’s expensive even when sourcing the cluster yourself, let alone the markup it would be buying the kit from infotainment.
You can’t buy one at all online at any of the parts suppliers. You can go to the local dealer, and they’ll sell you one as long as it’s available and not on restriction, but it’s an exchange program, and you’ll have to eat the core charge ($700-1000).

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know you can see in other posts that one option in the new cluster is the RAM badge - i.e. trim. I have the digital cluster on my 23 Laramie and it displays "Laramie" at the top center when I select the RAM badge. Just something to consider if you are doing a retrofit as you may need the cluster programmed to the correct trim if you want that to match. Maybe in a new cluster it would be part of programming or can be changed in alphaobd but I only have the option for my trim ad far as I can tell. 20230527_131243.jpg 20230527_131239.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s been done a few times, and I have the conversion harness finalized. It’ll work for all 2019+, but the factory maps won’t display in the cluster unless using a 2023 BCM and 2023 UC5 radio module.
It’s expensive even when sourcing the cluster yourself, let alone the markup it would be buying the kit from infotainment.
You can’t buy one at all online at any of the parts suppliers. You can go to the local dealer, and they’ll sell you one as long as it’s available and not on restriction, but it’s an exchange program, and you’ll have to eat the core charge ($700-1000).
Appreciate the info. If you don't mind me asking, when you say you have the conversion harness finalized; are you fabricating one? Or, do you mean you're sourcing one from a vendor (like Infotainment for example). I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be interested in knowing if this is something that would be for sale at some point.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate the info. If you don't mind me asking, when you say you have the conversion harness finalized; are you fabricating one? Or, do you mean you're sourcing one from a vendor (like Infotainment for example). I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be interested in knowing if this is something that would be for sale at some point.
It has to be custom built, and they are available for anyone that’s interested.

Geddesk2

Reaction score
So even if we have a uconnect 5 unit, it would have to be out of a 2023 specifically?

Users who are viewing this thread