5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Gauge Cluster Overview

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can option it on a regular Laramie as well
I did not see it as a stand alone option on the build site or when looking as the dealer ordered the truck so maybe it is another supply chain change that happened in recently. It isn't a big deal for me - just really hard to get a solid idea of all the additions, options, deletions between model years and trims etc even when spending hours researching and talking to dealers!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can option it on a regular Laramie as well
It is actually standard on all models Laramie and above. A few months ago I saw it available as optional on BigHorns, but that must have changed.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is actually standard on all models Laramie and above. A few months ago I saw it available as optional on BigHorns, but that must have changed.
No longer seems to be a standard option - my standard options feature list shows the 7" TFT Cluster... seems it was planned to be standard and then dropped

cliffsta

Reaction score
My FIL has a 2023 Laramie that he ordered back in the fall. It has many options (leather bucket seats, midnight package, 12” UC5) but it has the analog gauges. Must’ve been a last-minute change to drop it from the Laramie trim.

6of36

Reaction score
My FIL has a 2023 Laramie that he ordered back in the fall. It has many options (leather bucket seats, midnight package, 12” UC5) but it has the analog gauges. Must’ve been a last-minute change to drop it from the Laramie trim.
I believe some of the first builds had the old cluster, but it is right in the model comparison that every model Laramie and above has digital cluster.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe some of the first builds had the old cluster, but it is right in the model comparison that every model Laramie and above has digital cluster.
As of right now on the build and price site:

7” cluster is standard equipment on a Laramie. Digital cluster is $245 a la carte option.
We all know that build and price can be inaccurate, and available options could change daily, but you can search autotrader nationwide and find thousands of 23 Laramies equipped with the 7” non-digital cluster, and many of them high VIN sequence numbers.
C2998871-BF2A-4CFE-B458-F3831EAED396.jpeg

A7B3E060-2AFE-4529-947B-0F1563520D42.jpeg

cliffsta

Reaction score
It must have changed since you last looked:
IMG_8222.png
It’s a $245 standalone option on the Laramie, or you can get it in the GT package.

6of36

Reaction score
As of right now on the build and price site:

7” cluster is standard equipment on a Laramie. Digital cluster is $245 a la carte option.
We all know that build and price can be inaccurate, and available options could change daily, but you can search autotrader nationwide and find thousands of 23 Laramies equipped with the 7” non-digital cluster, and many of them high VIN sequence numbers.
View attachment 156402

View attachment 156401
Crazy the inaccuracies and contradictions in the website.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 09-38-11 Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle Ram.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 09-38-11 Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle Ram.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 26

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The build options are really strange these days, when I build the truck I ordered - Laramie 4X4 CC 6'4" box you are limited to the ETorque Hemi, 26 or 33 gal tank, no G/T option, No 12" digital cluster option.... hange to the 5'7" box and you get 3 engine choices, 3 gas tank options, G/T package, different tech group options, stand alone cluster option etc.

6of36

Reaction score
Where are you guys seeing it as a stand alone option? I am guessing this is one of those things that changes based on 4x4 vs 4x2 or box length etc. When I build the truck I ordered - Laramie 4X4 CC 6'4" box there is only 1 engine, 1 transmission and no option for the new cluster. Fortunately the 26gal gas tank is still standard on this build!
It is not shown on the site as a stand alone, but is included in the lowest package. It may be available at the dealer level as a stand alone.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And suddenly it is there as a stand alone option.... anyone who has it think it is worth the $245? I might call the dealer and try to add it...

6of36

Reaction score
And suddenly it is there as a stand alone option.... anyone who has it think it is worth the $245? I might call the dealer and try to add it...
Now that is really crazy. Things show and disappear. Paint colors keep doing that.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called my dealer and asked if he could add this to my order and he said the option was showing on his end now so he was going to ask his rep to update the order. He said no gurantees but he usually has good success. I figure for $245 (likely a bit less as he'll give me invoice price) it might be worth it in the long run since if I decide to sell in a few years it will be a more common option. Now I just need to stop looking at the sight and not add anything else to my build!

6of36

Reaction score
Wish we could buy it for $245 and pop it into previous models!
There is another thread that discusses the dash. Someone found the listing on Bam Wholesale. It's not available yet, but they had the part number and price. I think thier discounted price was like $1,000 or $1,200, but that was just the cluster itself. Harnesses have to be made, and you have to have UC5, from what I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread