5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Gauge Cluster Overview

U

User_3336

A 22 year old rich kid with daddy’s money is gonna try to jump his TRX over a ravine or bob and weave some trees. I have foreseen it.
Hell, go to YOUTUBE, its already happened! LOL

JDGRam19

Reaction score
I quite literally just did the digital cluster and uconnect 5 swap in my 19 last weekend. The cluster is beautiful and incredibly distracting when driving, you catch yourself looking at it rather than the road far too often....
Was it a simple plug and play swap for the gauge cluster? Thinking about doing this on my ‘21 limited as the part is available from Mopar.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Would love to know if a UConnect 5 head unit is required to do the digital cluster swap. If it’s not, I’ll be ordering one of these clusters ASAP. However, it will be hard justifying the cost of another 12” display if that’s required to make this work.

Can’t wait to see someone else do this first lol.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Would love to know if a UConnect 5 head unit is required to do the digital cluster swap. If it’s not, I’ll be ordering one of these clusters ASAP. However, it will be hard justifying the cost of another 12” display if that’s required to make this work.

Can’t wait to see someone else do this first lol.
what’s the MSRP for the digital cluster screen?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
what’s the MSRP for the digital cluster screen?
If you read farther up the thread, they are not available yet. One member got one through the supply chain, with connections, but dealers can't sell them.

Ram2134

Reaction score
@DieselDak…post the write-up!! Trying to get this mod done too ASAP.

spithead051

Reaction score
Anyone with a Rebel or Laramie G/T that wants to swap their older style cluster with the all digital one can hit me up, should have my truck in the next week or two and want to "downgrade"

cliffsta

Reaction score
Anyone with a Rebel or Laramie G/T that wants to swap their older style cluster with the all digital one can hit me up, should have my truck in the next week or two and want to "downgrade"
Man hate that you’re still waiting. I ordered a week before you and I’ve had my truck a month and a half.

Interested in seeing your downgrade project. I’d never get rid of my digital dash but I bet it’ll be a cool project. Hopefully leading to someone else’s cool project.

6of36

Reaction score
You do realize one of the options looks pretty much like the 22 cluster? You can have the tile style, or round speedo and tach.

spithead051

Reaction score
Man hate that you’re still waiting. I ordered a week before you and I’ve had my truck a month and a half.

Interested in seeing your downgrade project. I’d never get rid of my digital dash but I bet it’ll be a cool project. Hopefully leading to someone else’s cool project.

I had the chance to play with one at a local car show and was very disappointed that you end up seeing less info at once overall and just don't see the advantage to all of those features.

I also feel like at night the digital cluster is going to bother my eyes more than the standard cluster. You can turn the radio screen off easily but you can't really turn the cluster off because you lose all of your info.

Will definitely do a write up on the project, seems that finding a replacement cluster will be the hardest part.

spithead051

Reaction score
You do realize one of the options looks pretty much like the 22 cluster? You can have the tile style, or round speedo and tach.

Yup, but you cannot display the same level of info because RAM thinks they know better than you and therefore the screen cannot be truly customized.

Used to work in UX/UI design and these digital clusters are worse off than the "hybrid" systems because the manufacturers spend more time designing neat animations than giving you, the driver, control over what is and how it is displayed.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bet if you post a wanted to trade thread in the buy/sell section, you’d get better exposure for some potential takers.
You would each need conversion harnesses, so let me know if you find someone, and I can probably build both conversion harnesses.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I had the chance to play with one at a local car show and was very disappointed that you end up seeing less info at once overall and just don't see the advantage to all of those features.

I also feel like at night the digital cluster is going to bother my eyes more than the standard cluster. You can turn the radio screen off easily but you can't really turn the cluster off because you lose all of your info.

Will definitely do a write up on the project, seems that finding a replacement cluster will be the hardest part.
Frankly I leave mine on the analog dials most of the time. Or navigation. So I get your point.

6of36

Reaction score
Yup, but you cannot display the same level of info because RAM thinks they know better than you and therefore the screen cannot be truly customized.

Used to work in UX/UI design and these digital clusters are worse off than the "hybrid" systems because the manufacturers spend more time designing neat animations than giving you, the driver, control over what is and how it is displayed.
I only had a few minutes playing with on at the dealer. Didn't check out what the analog displayed, only that it was an option. I did love the amount of customization the 22 cluster had.

spithead051

Reaction score
I bet if you post a wanted to trade thread in the buy/sell section, you’d get better exposure for some potential takers.
You would each need conversion harnesses, so let me know if you find someone, and I can probably build both conversion harnesses.

Will do, figured I need the truck first before really getting this started!

Will definitely hit you up for harnesses when I find a candidate

John89

Reaction score
Im down. I have a 2023 Laramie I just purchased with a manufactured date of 12/2022. Let me know!

spithead051

Reaction score
Im down. I have a 2023 Laramie I just purchased with a manufactured date of 12/2022. Let me know!

Where ya located? Looks like alfaobd should work for making any updates the clusters need when moving between trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread