5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Differential or Transmission Clunk

Peckadelic

Reaction score
Update from my experience w/ this issue.

I had my local dealer in Athens, AL check it out after opening a case with Stellantis / RamCares.

Champion CDJR blamed the driveshaft issue on my lift kit and refused to honor my warranty, did not service it, and teamed up with their FCA Warranty rep to restrict my drivetrain warranty to where now where any issues I have, a stellantis rep has to approve any work done to it. This is after Stellantis acknowledged the issue as described above, including the temporary fix of lubricating the driveshaft splines. The lift kit has been on the truck since it was new, purchased off a lot with under 500 miles on it from a CDJR dealer in 2022.

How awesome is that? Not only is that totally incompetent, but inconvenient as well. I nearly traded my truck in on an AT4x after picking it up from the dealer. Too bad I wasn't awfully impressed with the GMC during the test drive, because I was ready to dump this truck.

I guess I will just deal with the noise for now, until I get the patience to try and lube the shaft myself or find a local shop to do it.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score

I had my local dealer in Athens, AL check it out after opening a case with Stellantis / RamCares.

Champion CDJR blamed the driveshaft issue on my lift kit and refused to honor my warranty, did not service it, and teamed up with their FCA Warranty rep to restrict my drivetrain warranty to where now where any issues I have, a stellantis rep has to approve any work done to it. This is after Stellantis acknowledged the issue as described above, including the temporary fix of lubricating the driveshaft splines. The lift kit has been on the truck since it was new, purchased off a lot with under 500 miles on it from a CDJR dealer in 2022.

How awesome is that? Not only is that totally incompetent, but inconvenient as well. I nearly traded my truck in on an AT4x after picking it up from the dealer. Too bad I wasn't awfully impressed with the GMC during the test drive, because I was ready to dump this truck.

I guess I will just deal with the noise for now, until I get the patience to try and lube the shaft myself or find a local shop to do it.

Yea that sucks, and is about what I've come to expect from Ram. Ram service is the worst, absolutely terrible. I am not sure if mine is making the clunk or not anymore, I've chosen to just ignore it and not let it bother me. I'll grease it up again soon, if it goes away great, if not I don't really care.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi there,

Our team would like to look into this further. Please private message us with your concern details and case number. Thank you and we look forward to your message.

Gia
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread