5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desert Dawg Ram Rebel Build

"Linex" the skid plate a matte black or leave the factory silver color?

• Paint or Linex skid plate matte black

Votes: 62 71.3%
  • Leave skid plate silver

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Other (reply in thread)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic Suspension

Finally got my Falcon 2.25-inch Sport suspension replaced with the Fabtech 3-inch Lift Dirt Logic suspension. What a difference…could not be happier!

Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic 2.5 Front Coilover Suspension_Front Quarter_cw.jpg
The suspension and tire combo actually netted closer to 3-inches over the stock factory ride height. Despite the new suspension which hasn’t settle in yet and the more aggressive MTs, it is amazing how smooth the ride quality is.

Last edited:

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
What a difference!..it actually looks like a 6" lift. Was it worth the extra dinero?

Yes, it does look higher than the lift suggests. It was a lot more expensive than the Falcon system but also provides a lot more capability too with almost comparable ride quality (I think the Falcon was still a tad smoother but I just got the lift installed so it needs to settle too). I will let you know once I go out wheeling this weekend in CO and see how everything performs!

DeDax

Reaction score
Those UCA's and coilovers sure do look nice tucked in that wheel well. :) Can't wait for first impressions.

mbennett22

Reaction score
WOW, that looks amazing! I know it was more expensive but like you said you got a lot more with this kit vs the falcons. (y)(y)

4XPEDITION

Reaction score
So, Desert Dawg, This is pretty much what I am going to do now that I have seen your setup.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
totally looks great.

@Roaminglost; thanks again! Really appreciated your input on things too!

Those UCA's and coilovers sure do look nice tucked in that wheel well. :) Can't wait for first impressions.

@DeDax; yes, thanks! I like how everything is tucked under the fenders!

I leave tomorrow for my road trip to Durango, CO, then on to Ouray, CO and maybe Telluride, CO; it's only about a 3 hour drive from my house to Durango but will give some highway driving impressions for sure. But I plan on wheeling it over at least one of the passes there (maybe Ophir pass between Silverton and Telluride) but also plan on taking it up behind Imogene Pass to the bowl where we can get some Milky Way shots at night. That trail has some light to moderate boulder sections and light stream crossings so will be fun without beating it up too much. In any case, I should be taking it to about 11,000-12,000 ft. so will get some good wheeling impressions. Hopefully the photos turn out well so I can share when we get back!

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
WOW, that looks amazing! I know it was more expensive but like you said you got a lot more with this kit vs the falcons. (y)(y)

Thank you sir! Yes, the price of the Fabtech Dirt Logic system is about the same as my previous builds with King, Fox, and Icon systems so I am really curious about the off-road performance. But I am definitely happy with my decision to change out and I really appreciated the fact that Teraflex was willing to work with me to get it changed out.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
So, Desert Dawg, This is pretty much what I am going to do now that I have seen your setup.
Wow, this is looking great!

Thanks again! I am really glad that my build might inspire some of your build choices! Per above, I hope to also report on the overall on- and off-road performance really soon. Hopefully my pending trip to the mountains will reinforce my build selections...lol.

kliffy77

Reaction score
Desert Dawg, Beautiful Truck congratulation! I was about to order the Fabtech for my Rebel but after seeing your truck it’s higher than i expected & hoped, Thank you for sharing with us this valuable information.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Desert Dawg, Beautiful Truck congratulation! I was about to order the Fabtech for my Rebel but after seeing your truck it’s higher than i expected & hoped, Thank you for sharing with us this valuable information.

Thanks for the compliment kliffy! I have to admit that I was really hoping the Fabteck lift would meet my expectations and happy to report that it certainly has as I really didn't want something too high. Also glad that my sharing my build thread might provide more options for others to consider!

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Road trip to Silverton and Ouray, CO - Day 1

As I have mentioned previously, my wife and I decided to head up to southern CO for a little reprieve from the usual grind. Being only 3-4 hour drive from our front door in Albuquerque, we typically drive up about 2-4 times a year especially since my wife has really learned to enjoy the off-road adventures I take while there.

This is only the first day of our 4 day trip so all I can really report on is how the new build performed on-road as I have not taken it off-road save for a couple side excursions on some dirt roads to take in some local sights.

For the highway trip, we started from our home which is situated right along the Rio Grande River in Albuquerque, NM at an elevation of about 5200 ft and traveled north for 3 hours to Durango, CO at 6600 ft. and then upward from there cresting right at 11,000 ft before coming down to Silverton, CO. at 8730 ft. above sea level. So the trip is all up hill mountain driving and the Ram averaged about 14.5 mpg with speeds varying between +80 mph on the open highway to 15 mph on the mountain switchbacks. I thought this was quite good for a lifted full sized truck with +34-inch tall tires (considering my similarly built Tundra was in the 11-12 mpg range during same route). Despite the aggressive MTs, the tires rode smooth with road noise being nonintrusive at all while the new Fabtech Dirt Logic suspension soaked up everything at speed.

Didn't take any photos while in Durango but managed a few while on the road between Durango and Silverton.

Trekking through the San Juan mountains between Durango and Silverton:

Siverton CO 2020 3_zpsbtqzrcg1.jpg

Siverton CO 2020 14_zpsxcgtn8kx.jpg

Siverton CO 2020 11_zpsd2466nd6.jpg

Siverton CO 2020 15_zpsutipteyv.jpg

Siverton CO 2020 1_zps3lvk6sil.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread