5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desert Dawg Ram Rebel Build

"Linex" the skid plate a matte black or leave the factory silver color?

• Paint or Linex skid plate matte black

Votes: 62 71.3%
  • Leave skid plate silver

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Other (reply in thread)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Just had the 3” fabtech installed on my truck, they didn’t install one of the spacers because they didn’t want to mess up CV joints, I’m going back to shop to have them install it because fabtech will cover anything if it doesn’t work correctly, rides amazing just not level until they install spacer end of month

Thanks for the post and feedback on the ride quality; great to know!

I am curious when you ordered your system as I am being told that Fabtech is still waiting on the heavy duty ball joints?

Construction Rebel

Reaction score

I am curious when you ordered your system as I am being told that Fabtech is still waiting on the heavy duty ball joints?

mine seem pretty heavy duty honestly

4XPEDITION

Reaction score
I don’t think 17” wheels will fit on the 2019+ Rams due to the larger brakes. 18” is the minimum and even then, it can depend on wheel brand and offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have since ditched the 17" wheels idea (of course). Does anybody have a list of 18" that will fit the huge front calipers? Otherwise I may go up to 37" tires if I have to go 20" wheels. Not sure though if the 3.92 gearing can support the 37s. Thoughs anyone?

Bigalh79

Reaction score
From everything I've read all 18's are going to be a tight fit. I got 18x9 -12 fuel strokes and they barely fit with the balance weights on. I haven't been able to get a good look at the weights since I've been out of town since I got them balanced.

4XPEDITION

Reaction score
Still haven't pulled the trigger on anything. Now thinking a 6" with 37s in order to get some sidewall meat. I haven't been able to get any confirmation about 18s fitting around the calipers in order to do 35s and have some sidewall. I am now on to NITTO Ridge Grapplers. Still want the Black Rhino Armory or Black Rhino Arsenal wheels on the truck. Does anybody know if the 3.92 is fine to push those 37s?

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I have since ditched the 17" wheels idea (of course). Does anybody have a list of 18" that will fit the huge front calipers? Otherwise I may go up to 37" tires if I have to go 20" wheels. Not sure though if the 3.92 gearing can support the 37s. Thoughs anyone?

From everything I've read all 18's are going to be a tight fit. I got 18x9 -12 fuel strokes and they barely fit with the balance weights on. I haven't been able to get a good look at the weights since I've been out of town since I got them balanced.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on anything. Now thinking a 6" with 37s in order to get some sidewall meat. I haven't been able to get any confirmation about 18s fitting around the calipers in order to do 35s and have some sidewall. I am now on to NITTO Ridge Grapplers. Still want the Black Rhino Armory or Black Rhino Arsenal wheels on the truck. Does anybody know if the 3.92 is fine to push those 37s?

So my Black Rhino Duggers are 18x8.5 +0MM and the balance weights just cleared the front brake calipers...but they fit. I am still running the Falcon Sport suspension that only provided an inch of lift over the factory Rebel ride height and the 34.4 x 12 inch tires fit without rubbing, barely. Hopefully the Fabtech Dirt Logic system I am waiting on to replace the Falcon system will give my at least 2, if not 3, inches of lift over the factory Rebel ride height which would be plenty of clearance for wheeling with 34-35 inch tall tires6. You'll need 6-inches of lift for sure to fit 37s.

I have the 3.92 rear and I still chirp the tires despite the larger size...no problem pushing up to 35s but I imagine you will feel the 37s without regearing! Also, my speedo is off by 4 mph over 60 mph so you'll definitely need to re-caliberate with 37s.

4XPEDITION

Reaction score
So my Black Rhino Duggers are 18x8.5 +0MM and the balance weights just cleared the front brake calipers...but they fit. I am still running the Falcon Sport suspension that only provided an inch of lift over the factory Rebel ride height and the 34.4 x 12 inch tires fit without rubbing, barely. Hopefully the Fabtech Dirt Logic system I am waiting on to replace the Falcon system will give my at least 2, if not 3, inches of lift over the factory Rebel ride height which would be plenty of clearance for wheeling with 34-35 inch tall tires6. You'll need 6-inches of lift for sure to fit 37s.

I have the 3.92 rear and I still chirp the tires despite the larger size...no problem pushing up to 35s but I imagine you will feel the 37s without regearing! Also, my speedo is off by 4 mph over 60 mph so you'll definitely need to re-caliberate with 37s.
Hey can you post another side profile of your truck with the setup you have?

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Update; Desert Rat called and said my Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic lift has finally arrived and I am scheduled for the installation this coming Monday which means I get to try it out on my trip to CO soon after! Joy...finally! :giggle:

mbennett22

Reaction score
Update; Desert Rat called and said my Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic lift has finally arrived and I am scheduled for the installation this coming Monday which means I get to try it out on my trip to CO soon after! Joy...finally! :giggle:
Excited, keep us updated !;)

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Well, after almost 2 months of waiting on parts, finally have the Dawg at Desert Rat for installation of the Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic suspension.

Desert Rat.jpg

Front coilovers:

Dirt Logic 2.5 Coilover_Front.jpg

Rear extended length shocks, UCAs, and rear spacers:

Dirt Logic Rear Extended Length Shocks, UCAs, and Rear Spacers.jpg
I asked Desert Rat to forego installation of the rear spacers since we don't think the system will net 3-inches of actual lift over the factory Rebel ride height but rather will get 2-inches of actual front lift. Considering there is still some noticeable rake, I didn't want to have the front nose high.

Last edited:

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Update; Desert Rat called and the front is actually sitting 1-inch higher than the rear after installation of the front coilovers so netting 2-inches over factory ride height. Therefore, we are going to install the 2.5-inch rear spacer to provide about .5-inch of rear to front rake once finished which would be perfect.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Hey can you post another side profile of your truck with the setup you have?

@4XPEDITION; my apologies as I never got out to take additional side shots of the truck with my current [Falcon] setup prior to dropping off the truck for installation of the replacement [Fabtech] system. So just have the same partial side shot:

Yokohama Geolanders MT G003_LT295.70.R18_Black Rhino Dugger_18x85 +0MM Offset_6.JPG

I will get better shots, including side profiles, when I get the truck back.

Last edited:

mbennett22

Reaction score
How long is the install supposed to take? Definitely cannot wait to see some pictures with that lift, the components look super nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online