5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deployable Bed Steps

Mrdlbrowntx

Reaction score
Does anyone know if as part of the Bed Utility Group you get the Deployable Bed Steps. The Sales Brochure says that you do but when you perform an online Build & Price and select the Bed Utility Group the description there does not mention them. I ordered the BUG and I wondering if they will be on my truck when it arrives.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if as part of the Bed Utility Group you get the Deployable Bed Steps. The Sales Brochure says that you do but when you perform an online Build & Price and select the Bed Utility Group the description there does not mention them. I ordered the BUG and I wondering if they will be on my truck when it arrives.
It's a late availability item. It will be included in the BUG at some future point but then the price will most probably go up. Not a big deal since it's a bolt on we can add ourselves when it's available.
I'm certainly adding it.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a late availability item. It will be included in the BUG at some future point but then the price will most probably go up. Not a big deal since it's a bolt on we can add ourselves when it's available.
I'm certainly adding it.
Yep, what @Edwards said. Late availability, no word from Ram on when the bed step will start rolling out, plus no customer reports of it showing up. Sure wish we had more info on its timing... wonder if @BobbiBigWheels or @JRS200x have heard anything through the dealer network?

Kevin C

Reaction score
It's actually available now. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and it got here last week. It's getting installed next Monday. The part number for the Crew Cab version is 82215287AB. My parts guy had to look it up by number because it wasn't showing up otherwise. Don't know what the Quad Cab part number is.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That part number refers to power running boards, not a bed step

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about those, but I never picked any up, when I need the step is when the tailgate is down, I have never seen one that extends that far. Also a hitch step has issues when you are towing a trailer ;)

Mrdlbrowntx

Reaction score
I thought about those, but I never picked any up, when I need the step is when the tailgate is down, I have never seen one that extends that far. Also a hitch step has issues when you are towing a trailer ;)
I agree with Ed. If the tailgate is closed I can just use the bumper while hanging on to the tailgate. The steps are needed when the tailgate is down and all the hitch options would be of no use then.

ponypride

Reaction score
I have a small 2 ft aluminum painters platform that I will keep in the back. Super light and sturdy.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The harvest Edition Ram HD has this step. I was a bit skeptical. Had my son (5yrs old) use it to get in the bed...it worked for him. I stood on it (285lbs) and w as very surprised how well built it is.

Kinda looks odd where it is when folded up...but it does get out of the way.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last I looked it appeared you could get the 2018 model bed step for ~$250 so I'm hoping that it will be similar for the 2019 when released. I also wonder if that's the price bump the BUG will see once it's included.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last I looked it appeared you could get the 2018 model bed step for ~$250 so I'm hoping that it will be similar for the 2019 when released. I also wonder if that's the price bump the BUG will see once it's included.
When I received a quote for the truck, the BUG was $395. When I ordered, it was $445. When I received a VIN, it was $545. This was all within a week or two. I feel like I've already bought the step!

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
When I received a quote for the truck, the BUG was $395. When I ordered, it was $445. When I received a VIN, it was $545. This was all within a week or two. I feel like I've already bought the step!
Mine was $445 as of 8/10, hopefully it's now being priced to include the step!

myram2019

Reaction score
Its now available to order as separate add for $195. It's not included with any packages.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there is another thread covering this

Users who are viewing this thread