5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deployable Bed Steps

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I ordered a Longhorn on 11/10/18 with my sales mangager and it had a box to check off for the bed step. I had never seen that online on the consumer side or when he ordered a Laramie. It was not part of the bed utility group. You can see it circled on the picture attached. Dealer cost is $177.

Attachments

• sheet.jpg
    sheet.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 33

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought about those, but I never picked any up, when I need the step is when the tailgate is down, I have never seen one that extends that far. Also a hitch step has issues when you are towing a trailer ;)

I bought a hitch extend insert at Harbor f. Had a flat square piece of metal 12x12 welded with a 5 inch drop on the hitch mount end down to the plate. I carry it in my truck and put it in the hitch receiver when i need a step up in to the bed. Had is since 2014 it works great! I got about 35 bucks in it.

Users who are viewing this thread