5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear people who keep their tow mirrors extended when not towing…

Turboaddict

Reaction score
I have had both tow mirrors, and regular power mirrors.... This whole idea that only a 2500 requires the need for tow mirrors because of the "towing capacity"? Last I checked you can get a 101'' wide enclosed trailer that weighs 1200 lbs, well within the 1500s measly tow capacity of anywhere from 8-11k lbs?? Has nothing to do with trailer weight, or tow capacity, has to do with seeing past your trailer. No you don't need trailer mirrors to tow your jet ski to the beach, but anybody who says tow mirrors aren't necessary when towing a max width enclosed trailer are full of it...

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And to take it one step further …. The same schmoes runnin wings wide with no trailer, are the same tw@t waffles that hug the center line so they don’t clip street signs with the right mirror, and wind up goin mirror to mirror with somebody comin the other way at 60 mph …. Happened to my bother in law …. Scares the sh!t out if you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg, still dying for waffles :LOL:

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is chicken and **** waffle a thing 🤔 sounds dangerous to me, what kind of gravey, man certainly not pepper? You guys suck!

Gary1243

Reaction score
I'm puzzled. I have electric folding trailer mirrors. A requirement for my garage entry and exit (not for the faint of heart by the way!). Either way they stick out enough that sometimes when i park or gas up i bring them in so people wont run into them. When I have a trailer I extend them flipped up for trailer usage as they work fantastic. When I drive it without a trailer I put them back to normal. I just thought that was kind of what people do. Either way I am sure glad I have them!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm puzzled. I have electric folding trailer mirrors. A requirement for my garage entry and exit (not for the faint of heart by the way!). Either way they stick out enough that sometimes when i park or gas up i bring them in so people wont run into them. When I have a trailer I extend them flipped up for trailer usage as they work fantastic. When I drive it without a trailer I put them back to normal. I just thought that was kind of what people do. Either way I am sure glad I have them!
And that's the way it's done sir 👍

Kcfan491

Reaction score
And that's the way it's done sir

I completely agree. It is always refreshing to see a person who has a routine for how they use their mirrors and doesn’t care…. Or even spend time thinking about how other people use their mirrors

Well done sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Honestly I couldn't care less how people keep their mirrors. Doesn't mean I don't laugh when someone drives by with them up and there's no trailer in sight. Just like I laugh at people with slammed cars and so much negative camber I'm surprised they aren't carving grooves in the asphalt, or people with huge *** wagon wheel rims and skinny little tires. In fact I appreciate the comic relief I get from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online