5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear people who keep their tow mirrors extended when not towing…

Kcfan491

Reaction score
Please stop.
Thank you,
Everyone

I really can’t understand your point of view on this. The extended mirrors give you better visibility to see around whether you where you are towing or not.

Switching them back-and-forth from towing and not towing is a huge waste of time to me because you have to re aim the mirrors each time to get them where you want them.

I tow the ghost trailer every day and I’m going to continue to do so.

It’s not because I like the way it looks, it’s because it’s a more practical solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kcfan491

Reaction score

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it’s not a 2500 or your not towing then your a tool. Same as cab lights on a 1500. Just buy a 2500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, I have to ask …. What purpose do cab lights serve on a 2500 ? You’re not a semi …. You’re not a dump truck …. WTF

truckless

Reaction score
No, I have to ask …. What purpose do cab lights serve on a 2500 ? You’re not a semi …. You’re not a dump truck …. WTF

I actually ordered my 3500 with the cab lights partially cause I liked the look...especially when I was towing my fifth wheel in the dark :cool:. I also ordered the thing with the higher GVWR and roof lights because then you also straddle the personal/commercial vehicle markets. Thus that is where the cab lights come in, commercial application and government regulation (at least up here).

So aside from vanity....it was for resale. Which worked. I sold the truck in September to a guy who was using it commercially...for more money than I paid.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And to take it one step further …. The same schmoes runnin wings wide with no trailer, are the same tw@t waffles that hug the center line so they don’t clip street signs with the right mirror, and wind up goin mirror to mirror with somebody comin the other way at 60 mph …. Happened to my bother in law …. Scares the sh!t out if you

Kcfan491

Reaction score
It’s our job to point out stupidity in this world, in hopes that some may learn, and the world becomes at less stupid place

I would describe someone who switches their mirrors back-and-forth all the time as stupid so I guess it’s up for debate

Rocking that Ghost Trailer

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a few friends who like to prank me when they see my truck places and flip one or both up, which looks especially ridiculous on my 1500 (personal opinion). I don't tow so I don't need to flip them up, but I really like having the outside portion of the mirror for my own reasons (and our 16 year old loves them so much that she's choosing my ram to take her road test in, being that she can see exactly where her rear tire is in relation to the curb).

We have a good laugh at them when we see them on the road too. I'm not knocking anyone for leaving them up if they want to and understand the reasons for doing so, but that doesn't mean we still can't get a laugh out of something that looks funny to us.

Somewhat related, someone on the highway behind me the other day in a 5th gen with regular mirrors, proceeded to drive the entire time they were behind me with their mirrors folded in. What's life without some balance? Or maybe going for better aerodynamics?

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It’s our job to point out stupidity in this world, in hopes that some may learn, and the world becomes at less stupid place

Sure thing bud

Users who are viewing this thread