5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Arrivals

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Can somebody set me straight ....the difference between anit slip and e locker ia that anti alip is automatic but the locker u have to engage like when u used to have to get out to lock the hubs in 4 wheel drive?????????

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
Can somebody set me straight ....the difference between anit slip and e locker ia that anti alip is automatic but the locker u have to engage like when u used to have to get out to lock the hubs in 4 wheel drive?????????
The anti spin is only useful to an extent. The Elocker actually makes both wheels spin no matter traction .

Yes anti spin is automatic, and the elocker you do have to engage, but they are worlds different when it comes to traction...and it is what Ram needed they make the off road package real.

It does disengage at 10 mph, but if you keep the button on it will reengage when speed drops below 10mph.

A MUST have for me if/when I purchase a new Ram.

Edit : the ram build and price has some info under details that make no sense to me...Wonder what is up with that
(see attachment)
This makes no sense...unless they have something even more special? ????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-25-13-01-49.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-25-13-01-49.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 110

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Thanks so if im not getting the off road package and dont plan on real off roadi g with the truck ( just dealing w north east winters and what not ) its not neccesary ? Just go with anti slip?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the e-locker on my F150 and have never used it. I've got 3.55s on that truck but went 3.21s on the Ram with the regular anti-spin/limited slip. It wasn't worth it for me to get the 3.92s just for the e-locker (I drive a lot and mileage matters).

Kilgy5

Reaction score
@firecadet613 my build doesnt make u get the e locker if u get the 3:92 or the other way around....also mileage is huge for me and i was under the impression that the 3:92 would actually help with that??? More worng info???

D

Deleted member103

Got a call from John at my Close-by Dealership late afternoon yesterday, so decided to go over to see the 2 new arrivals, of the 14? ordered !
I didn't bother to take photos (had my camera) because they are Nothing different from what we've all seen here already . But now that I think of it (darn) I should of taken photos of the 2018 1500 & one was a 2018 Compass (or Cherokee? The Ram was in Max. Steel Metallic - John said you can tell it's "Metallic" by all the Sparkle in the paint - sure enough it was that; and I Don't prefer that look ! Then when he showed me the Patriot Blue Jeep, WOW ! NO Comparison, no sparkle, just a Deep-offshore Pacific-ocean looking color (have to be their to appreciate . . . the pacific that is!) . So we ( I ) have the color now for sure ! AS someone else pointed out, the Max. Steel vs. the Patriot has NO "POP" - the blue Does ! IF a DT doesn't show or someone else doesn't come up with a photo . . . next time I'm in the Dealer area I'll take some photos - even though it's not a DT ( of the Patriot Blue).

OH and I gotta say - WARD's is spot-on with the 10 Best List Interior . . . again, WOW, I fully took advantage of the Laramie on the showroom floor -- front & back seats VERY Comfy, more so in the front ! I "melded" with that Drivers seat instantly ! yea both "mind-melded" AND "Butt-Melded"
263a.png
, sorry Spock ! I tried my best to "contain" myself in front of John so he wouldn't have the idea i was an "easy sell victim" !

edit -- Warning parents beware . . . The Rear Seating has TOO MUCH room for "hanky-panky" . . . always wear your "protection" or practice abstinence . . .
263a.png
1f606.png
1f914.png
1f643.png

1f607.png
? .

One thing we Both noticed for the 1st time - John, "assuming" the vehicle was an "early" build - DID NOT have the RECLINER Push-Forward lift latch on the rear seats ! Question -- Is it an Option on the Laramie ? Another thing I did NOT take exception to was the bronze-ish trim around the center stack . . . wasn't looking for it but I gave the interior a good thorough look-over and the fit & finish was quite nice . I imagine I will be a tiny bit less impressed with that of the Big Horn, BUT with my chosen Black/brown Cloth interior, that may supersede any minor disappointment in the higher % of "plastic" vs. the Laramie ! I actually fell asleep last night, semi-comatose, seeing & feeling the Interior with me IN the Driver Seat . . . Am I hooked or what !?
1f606.png

263a.png

1f44d.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
@firecadet613 my build doesnt make u get the e locker if u get the 3:92 or the other way around....also mileage is huge for me and i was under the impression that the 3:92 would actually help with that??? More worng info???
I just built and ordered mine Saturday. 3.21 will help mileage. I don't offroad but I tow a boat.... so far no need for a locker but better to have than not.

Have you built out a truck at a dealer yet?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Got a call from John at my Close-by Dealership late afternoon yesterday, so decided to go over to see the 2 new arrivals, of the 14? ordered !
I didn't bother to take photos (had my camera) because they are Nothing different from what we've all seen here already . But now that I think of it (darn) I should of taken photos of the 2018 1500 & one was a 2018 Compass (or Cherokee? The Ram was in Max. Steel Metallic - John said you can tell it's "Metallic" by all the Sparkle in the paint - sure enough it was that; and I Don't prefer that look ! Then when he showed me the Patriot Blue Jeep, WOW ! NO Comparison, no sparkle, just a Deep-offshore Pacific-ocean looking color (have to be their to appreciate . . . the pacific that is!) . So we ( I ) have the color now for sure ! AS someone else pointed out, the Max. Steel vs. the Patriot has NO "POP" - the blue Does ! IF a DT doesn't show or someone else doesn't come up with a photo . . . next time I'm in the Dealer area I'll take some photos - even though it's not a DT ( of the Patriot Blue).

OH and I gotta say - WARD's is spot-on with the 10 Best List Interior . . . again, WOW, I fully took advantage of the Laramie on the showroom floor -- front & back seats VERY Comfy, more so in the front ! I "melded" with that Drivers seat instantly ! yea both "mind-melded" AND "Butt-Melded"
263a.png
, sorry Spock ! I tried my best to "contain" myself in front of John so he wouldn't have the idea i was an "easy sell victim" !

One thing we Both noticed for the 1st time - John, "assuming" the vehicle was an "early" build - DID NOT have the RECLINER Push-Forward lift latch on the rear seats ! Question -- Is it an Option on the Laramie ? Another thing I did NOT take exception to was the bronze-ish trim around the center stack . . . wasn't looking for it but I gave the interior a good thorough look-over and the fit & finish was quite nice . I imagine I will be a tiny bit less impressed with that of the Big Horn, BUT with my chosen Black/brown Cloth interior, that may supersede any minor disappointment in the higher % of "plastic" vs. the Laramie ! I actually fell asleep last night, semi-comatose, seeing & feeling the Interior with me IN the Driver Seat . . . Am I hooked or what !?
1f606.png

263a.png

1f44d.png

Have to get the level 1 to get that. I'm impressed they don't make you step up to a level 2.... Ford would!

Patriot Blue is a sharp color....I had an '06 2500 in it. I haven't seen it in person on the DT yet so Delmonico red it is. GM of my local dealer has this Limited for a demo.... looks really close to the Laramie I have on order....

oSo8zdX.jpg

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Prob this weekend will have time to get to the dealer trying to get all my ducks in a row so i dont spend hours at the dealer

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear you. I had it built and price agreed before I got there. Sign the build and purchase agreement and I was gone.

D

Deleted member103

Hey/Hi F1 -- upon further looking at numerous "Stickers" of All current builds at my 2 area dealerships and trying at the SPECS of the Build & Price @ RAM.com . . . I can't justify your comment about LEVEL 1 as a requirement for the Adjustable Rear Seat ? ? ? I'm just not seeing it worded ANYWHERE !? ONE exception noted in the build of a Longhorn where the Sticker indicated "reclining rear seat," but best I can tell is that it seems to be related to the Leather Seating Option, not Level 1 ? ? ? Beats Me ! ! ! Personally I am not affected as the Quad Cabs don't get that ! Any other ideas ? John at my dealership seems to think it is an EARLY BUILD "hiccup (?)" ! An oops ? Sounds like a RECALL is waiting to happen ! ! !
263a.png
1f604.png
1f914.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a window sticker of a Laramie with the level 1 and the reclining rear seat.

e3Mrjyk.png
-

bravo1

Reaction score
FireCadet613,did you trade-in your Ford if so what was your final mileage projected by the CDJR Dealership you sign with,or did you sell private.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bravo1 said:
FireCadet613,did you trade-in your Ford if so what was your final mileage projected by the CDJR Dealership you sign with,or did you sell private.
I traded. My truck is "mint" as they come, even paint protection film on the front end. I do about 2,500-3,000 miles per month. They did not set a mileage cap on me - but I don't have any long trips planned until after DT is here.

When I ordered my current truck - we agreed the trade couldn't exceed 35,900 miles as the value would drop if it was out of factory warranty. I had to use my wife's car a few days with that to ensure I didn't go over the mileage we agreed on.

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
Here is a window sticker of a Laramie with the level 1 and the reclining rear seat.

e3Mrjyk.png
-
Well I'll be damned . . . how come I couldn't come up with that ? ? ? I feel so stupid, but at least I can reassure John that he is wrong & "we" were right !
263a.png
. THANKS

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My pleasure. To say we all probably "over research" and know these trucks might be an understatement.
I went from a good truck ('14 F150) to a great truck ('16 F150) and from what I can tell now before taking delivery, a WOW truck ('19 Ram).

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
I traded. My truck is "mint" as they come, even paint protection film on the front end. I do about 2,500-3,000 miles per month. They did not set a mileage cap on me - but I don't have any long trips planned until after DT is here.

When I ordered my current truck - we agreed the trade couldn't exceed 35,900 miles as the value would drop if it was out of factory warranty. I had to use my wife's car a few days with that to ensure I didn't go over the mileage we agreed on.
I won't have any warrantee milage issues when I trade in me 2016 G.C. -- right now it only has jus shy of 8200 and should be close or slightly over 10K at trade-in (~~ September-ish).

Users who are viewing this thread