5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check all that apply to your Trucks Build Sheet

• eTorque

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • AGM Battery

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Lead Acid Battery

Votes: 132 52.8%
  • non eTorque

Votes: 102 40.8%

• Total voters

JeffEastcoast

Reaction score
I've been updated with a drain caused by the USB Hub. They have it on order and will be replacing that assembly. Fingers crossed... again.
Dealer indicated a short in the USB Hub assembly that was always on, preventing the truck from completely shutting down/sleep mode.

Really hoping it is fixed this time!

glasswagon

Reaction score
How long can our trucks be left undriven before the battery dies if you have no aftermarket parts drawing power when the truck is off?

JeffEastcoast

Reaction score
How long can our trucks be left undriven before the battery dies if you have no aftermarket parts drawing power when the truck is off?
Every other vehicle I've had can go weeks, if not months without an issue. I have a summer car I leave in the garage over the winter and only start it two or three times during that time. My F-150 went several weeks without an issue...

glasswagon

Reaction score
Every other vehicle I've had can go weeks, if not months without an issue. I have a summer car I leave in the garage over the winter and only start it two or three times during that time. My F-150 went several weeks without an issue...
hmm, I might have to have my truck checked out then. It dies like with a week of it sitting.

2020RAMLTD5.7

Reaction score
I've had her parked and off for over 4 straight days,in the New York cold,and she started without issue. No sign of the battery being weak.

Liam E

Reaction score
I received my 2021 Ram Limited 5.7L Hemi eTorque in January 2021. Only had one issue right away where the fob stopped working, but the keyless entry was fine; the dealer reset the fobs and it worked again. No problems for 6 months, then last Sunday I come out to a completely dead battery. It took a while to jump and when I got it started several systems were disabled (ABS, Lane sense, air suspension, adaptive cruise control, vehicle stability control, towing assist, others). 8 days at the dealer and a brand new battery was drained while waiting for new front brake calipers to replace the leaky ones on both sides (8,000 miles). They are stumped and they have no idea when it will be fixed. I seriously regret purchasing a RAM. That truck was the nicest thing I ever owned and I couldn't have been happier with it driving to the shore last Friday, now I'm trying to figure out how much money I will lose when I unload it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the truck off I'd walk around to every USB port and outlet and check it to see if it's on (just a cell phone charger and cable). If that's not it, check power windows. If not that it's gonna take the dealer to look everything over.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dead from the factory (like most have been last year on nearly half of the vehicles). Warrantied mine out. Perfect ever since.

JeffEastcoast

Reaction score
Enter the "You've got to be kidding me" entry. This is the FOURTH TIME my truck is DEAD!
1st time at dealer with dead battery: charged the battery and couldn't find anything wrong.
2nd time at dealer: replaced batter
3rd time at dealer: replaced shorted USB hub on console
Battery once again DEAD. Come on RAM!!!!!!!
Less than 5,500 miles on this new truck and it has been towed now 4 times for the SAME ISSUE.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Enter the "You've got to be kidding me" entry. This is the FOURTH TIME my truck is DEAD!
1st time at dealer with dead battery: charged the battery and couldn't find anything wrong.
2nd time at dealer: replaced batter
3rd time at dealer: replaced shorted USB hub on console
Battery once again DEAD. Come on RAM!!!!!!!
Less than 5,500 miles on this new truck and it has been towed now 4 times for the SAME ISSUE.
i to kept having that same issue.when i finally got my truck started,i didnt take it back to the dealer.i went to "Costco"and bought the next size bigger battery.H7 to an H8,And i made sure also that it was not "AcidLead"but a "AGM".now no more issues.the battery in there is to small and its "Acid".your choice of battery IF you decide to get one.here is one description on why "AGM"are better.

i got my from "Costco"left is what we have now but look at the difference to the right .Bigger

Attachments

• 20210617_140304.jpg
    20210617_140304.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 83

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i to kept having that same issue.when i finally got my truck started,i didnt take it back to the dealer.i went to "Costco"and bought the next size bigger battery.H7 to an H8,And i made sure also that it was not "AcidLead"but a "AGM".now no more issues.the battery in there is to small and its "Acid".your choice of battery IF you decide to get one.here is one description on why "AGM"are better.

i got my from "Costco"left is what we have now but look at the difference to the right .Bigger
Looks like you have an AMP and other after market accessories hooked up to that battery.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Attachments

• 100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210512_131858.jpg
    20210512_131858.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 103_1614_In.jpg
    103_1614_In.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210418_213140.jpg
    20210418_213140.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210418_213204_InPixio.jpg
    20210418_213204_InPixio.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 31

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To keep from having a dead battery I decided to install an auxiliary battery in my truck.

The REDARC Smart Start® SBI12 microprocessor-controlled battery isolator, which protects the start battery from excessive discharge, while allowing the auxiliary battery to supply charge to non-essential loads.

It uses a solenoid that provides 12V DC to the secondary battery, when the Starter battery has over 13.7 Volts.

When the voltage of the starter battery falls below 13.7 V it disconnects the two batteries and isolates the second battery from the starter battery so that the starter battery remains full, while you can run your accessories off the auxiliary battery without worries.

Here is some pics of the install:
REDARC_Installed_Top_View.png

REDARC_SBI12_Box.png

REDARC_SBI12.png

REDARC_SBI12_Kit.png

REDARC_Installed_Block.png

Collywood

Reaction score
2021 Longhorn with 6,500 miles and battery is dead. Third time this this has happened but was able to jump it the previous 2 times. This time there is zero life.. When it happened the first time it came out of nowhere. Not like it had been giving me intermittent issues or something. I thought maybe because I had left something on, but nothing was on. I have it booked in to a dealer for this coming week.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Longhorn with 6,500 miles and battery is dead. Third time this this has happened but was able to jump it the previous 2 times. This time there is zero life.. When it happened the first time it came out of nowhere. Not like it had been giving me intermittent issues or something. I thought maybe because I had left something on, but nothing was on. I have it booked in to a dealer for this coming week.
yeah..its those batteries that came with the truck.they are just a little to much for a battery that size to keep our trucks going😟😟

Users who are viewing this thread