5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Battery…again (one year old)

TheBattman

Reaction score
I had to replace my OEM battery last year When it gave up at just over 42k miles.

I’ve had no issues or signs of anything wrong until this morning. Opened my door (in garage) and thought it strange- no lights of any kind. Nothing on dash. Nothing.

Put foot on brake pedal and press ignition- still nothing.

I’ve dealt with dead battery in these trucks before- none of those times was it absolutely, totally dead.

So I hook up my automatic charger. It reads 3.9v. Ugh. I set it to charge at 20A, and figure I’ll drive to Oreily's when it’s charged enough to start and swap battery.

Came back to odd sounds from under the hood, and the side marker LED blinking randomly.

Charger thinks it’s a 6v battery and I suspect that is part of the issue. Still—-

So I pulled the battery and have it charging on my big manual charger. Battery now shows 12v and is about 50% charged.

Attachments

• IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 518B3F86-B488-4029-96A6-1EE67AABE31C.jpeg
    518B3F86-B488-4029-96A6-1EE67AABE31C.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 13

TheBattman

Reaction score
Update- I got battery charged enough to start. Heading to get battery swapped out.

But now have service stability control message…

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

If you decide to have this concern diagnosed with your local dealership, please reach out to us. We'd be happy to get you some assistance while your vehicle is being diagnosed.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread