5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cup holders to small

Sportznut

Reaction score
This post is the ultimate in first world problems. Just go buy a freaking cup that fits in the cup holder and enjoy the beautiful truck you own and stop complaining.
Why so rude?

Obviously other people had the same issue but even if they didn't this is a freaking truck site to find answers to questions.

Some people just aren't happy unless their not.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nemecham

Reaction score
I prefer my 32oz HydroFlask and usually stick it in front of the center console slider, with the slider pushed all the way forward to kind of secure them. The problem is that they slide from side to side and clank against each other during turns. I usually rest my hand on top of it when turning, but it becomes a little tedious when both my wife and I have them stored in the same place. At one time, I shoved a small coat in between the two which works, but it causes issues when trying to put the water bottle back with one hand.

I have been searching for some sort of low profile organizer/larger cup holder that will sit at the bottom of the area in front of the sliding console, but have had no luck. Do any of you know what it is called? The picture below is not my truck, but at least shows the area I am talking about.
After digging through many other threads, I may have found a solution. Amazon has a organizer that slides together and fits in the bottom area in front of the console. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the dimensions of each section to see if it will fit my hydroflask, but it may be worth a try anyways.

Attachments

• 81Z75SDeA6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    81Z75SDeA6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 30

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer my 32oz HydroFlask and usually stick it in front of the center console slider, with the slider pushed all the way forward to kind of secure them. The problem is that they slide from side to side and clank against each other during turns. I usually rest my hand on top of it when turning, but it becomes a little tedious when both my wife and I have them stored in the same place. At one time, I shoved a small coat in between the two which works, but it causes issues when trying to put the water bottle back with one hand.

I have been searching for some sort of low profile organizer/larger cup holder that will sit at the bottom of the area in front of the sliding console, but have had no luck. Do any of you know what it is called? The picture below is not my truck, but at least shows the area I am talking about.
Could always find someone with a 3d printer to make you an insert that will fit your hydro flask. With the prevalence and 3d printers now days, shouldn't be too hard

nemecham

Reaction score
Could always find someone with a 3d printer to make you an insert that will fit your hydro flask. With the prevalence and 3d printers now days, shouldn't be too hard
I might have to go that route if the amazon insert isn't the right size. I'll post an update when I get it.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found the “Coleman Autoseal FreeFlow Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle” in 24 oz just the right size for the forward Ram cupholders.

It slides in easily and it’s secure once in the holder.

Not to big and not to small, just right.

nemecham

Reaction score
The lower console organizer was delivered from Amazon last night and I just got them installed this morning. The dividers are a little plyable which works to my advantage and still sturdy enough to hold my hydroflask in place without any sliding/tipping when turning. The two front open-edged slots flex by maybe a few mm when inserting the hydroflask, but that is it. I like that I am still able to lock the center console in the in the middle position (with the hydroflask in the lower console), which still gives me access to the stock cup holders as well. The kit also came with a set of dividers for the back half of the console which is a nice added bonus. I still have full range of motion with the center console with the dividers installed. Overall I am very happy with the purchase. Here are the links in case any of you are interested:

Amazon - Vehicle OCD - Lower Center Console Organizer for RAM 1500/2500/3500 (2019-2023) (Longhorn and Limited Models ONLY)

Amazon - Vehicle OCD - Lower Center Console Organizer for RAM 1500/2500/3500 (2019-2023) (NOT for Classic, Longhorn, Limited, TRX Models)

Attachments

• IMG_1263.png
    IMG_1263.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1264.png
    IMG_1264.png
    363.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1265.png
    IMG_1265.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 58

jsimon26

Reaction score
The lower console organizer was delivered from Amazon last night and I just got them installed this morning. The dividers are a little plyable which works to my advantage and still sturdy enough to hold my hydroflask in place without any sliding/tipping when turning. The two front open-edged slots flex by maybe a few mm when inserting the hydroflask, but that is it. I like that I am still able to lock the center console in the in the middle position (with the hydroflask in the lower console), which still gives me access to the stock cup holders as well. The kit also came with a set of dividers for the back half of the console which is a nice added bonus. I still have full range of motion with the center console with the dividers installed. Overall I am very happy with the purchase. Here are the links in case any of you are interested:

Amazon - Vehicle OCD - Lower Center Console Organizer for RAM 1500/2500/3500 (2019-2023) (Longhorn and Limited Models ONLY)

Amazon - Vehicle OCD - Lower Center Console Organizer for RAM 1500/2500/3500 (2019-2023) (NOT for Classic, Longhorn, Limited, TRX Models)
Great idea, I'm going to try this out. I currently have this expander off Amazon for my hydroflask. It works great for the hydroflask, but it is kinda unusable for anything smaller in diameter. I'm also not a huge fan of the added height.

nemecham

Reaction score
Great idea, I'm going to try this out. I currently have this expander off Amazon for my hydroflask. It works great for the hydroflask, but it is kinda unusable for anything smaller in diameter. I'm also not a huge fan of the added height.

I considered one of those too. Is it pretty sturdy? I didn’t want to risk the hydro flask crashing into the 12” screen if I needed to slam on the brakes for whatever reason. As an added bonus for the divider, it holds multiple coffee cups really well. No more fumbling with 3 or 4 of them when doing a coffee run for the family. It’s been almost a couple of weeks since I installed mine and am still 100% satisfied with the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsimon26

Reaction score
I considered one of those too. Is it pretty sturdy? I didn’t want to risk the hydro flask crashing into the 12” screen if I needed to slam on the brakes for whatever reason. As an added bonus for the divider, it holds multiple coffee cups really well. No more fumbling with 3 or 4 of them when doing a coffee run for the family. It’s been almost a couple of weeks since I installed mine and am still 100% satisfied with the solution.

Yeah it's actually very sturdy. I have a 12" as well and haven't had a single worry.

xcarolina

Reaction score
I've had this one in my cab since I bought the truck. Carry a Yeti 36 oz Rambler in there and it's nice and snug.

BottlePro (1-Pack - Adjustable Cup Holder Adapter, Compatible with 32/40 Ounce Hydro Flasks, Iron Flasks, Takeyas, Simple Modern, Nalgenes, Fifty Fifty, Thermoflasks, Klean Kanteens

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Naptowner

Reaction score

I came here for this exact post! Same situation

nemecham

Reaction score
Got the dividers in and they work perfect! Thanks for looking out!

I'm glad it helped!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the best place to post this but does anyone know why the front doors on the Limited have the foam inserts for insulation in the cup holders and the rear doors don't? Kind of odd unless I'm missing something.
I have a 2022 limited and have the door foam cup holders in all 4 doors.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• 5CD3B99B-BE2D-4362-BBE2-2FC59FFD37F8.jpeg
    5CD3B99B-BE2D-4362-BBE2-2FC59FFD37F8.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 31
  • BFB316BD-1D81-4772-A07C-67D1848590AE.png
    BFB316BD-1D81-4772-A07C-67D1848590AE.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 30
  • B6B3A264-FC91-4858-8658-5DBCFEDBEF8B.png