5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connected services deleted

ms8091

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 1500 Big Horn that has the 8.4” screen. On the window sticker, it said “connected services deleted -$250”. Does anyone know who to contact to have that added? Is it as simple as calling SiriusXM or have to go to the dealership for a code? I appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P4cm4n

Reaction score
Mine also.
I saw a thread somewhere that the people on it said something to the effect that Uconnect services were broken/non functional.
But I’m looking to add this if it’s an option in the future as well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 1500 Big Horn that has the 8.4” screen. On the window sticker, it said “connected services deleted -$250”. Does anyone know who to contact to have that added? Is it as simple as calling SiriusXM or have to go to the dealership for a code? I appreciate the input.

I don't think it effects SiriusXM music service. Just the Uconnect Sirius Guardian services that allow the use of the app on phone to do things.

ms8091

Reaction score
I don't think it effects SiriusXM music service. Just the Uconnect Sirius Guardian services that allow the use of the app on phone to do things.

Correct, SiriusXM music works. I guess it’s the GPS/cellular part that’s missing. I spoke to someone at Uconnect support yesterday and they said it had to do with chip shortages. Some trucks are “connected” and others aren’t. Depends on when it was produced. I know some people don’t see a value in the SiriusXM Guardian, but I used it often enough it made sense for me. I called my dealership and they are looking into it. Sounds like the only fix may be a head unit swap.

Reaction score
i have the delete also. biggest issue is no ota software updates when they come out. frustrating to say the least with all the issues uconnect 5 has. Looking into swapping head unit to one with nav . that will give ability for ota updates.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
i have the delete also. biggest issue is no ota software updates when they come out. frustrating to say the least with all the issues uconnect 5 has. Looking into swapping head unit to one with nav . that will give ability for ota updates.
i wish mine did not have this
because it does not work anyway

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Swapping the radio won’t matter because that’s not what is missing/different with the connected services delete. The 2022+ UC5 radios use a separate telematics box for connectivity, and that is what’s missing.

Reaction score
Swapping the radio won’t matter because that’s not what is missing/different with the connected services delete. The 2022+ UC5 radios use a separate telematics box for connectivity, and that is what’s missing.
Interesting, I was told also of you have the one with the nav it will get ota updates as well.

ms8091

Reaction score
Interesting, I was told also of you have the one with the nav it will get ota updates as well.

Yes, the Nav units were prioritized to have connected services and get ota updates (supposedly). The manager at the dealership said you have to set up your WiFi in the UC5 system to receive them properly. He didn’t even realize my truck didn’t have it.

ms8091

Reaction score

So, theoretically I could buy the telematics box and it would work?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, theoretically I could buy the telematics box and it would work?

Theoretically, yes (along with a few cables and antennas). The question is, will Ram retroactively activate the connected services for a VIN that was built without it once you install those parts. Historically, they won’t.

ms8091

Reaction score
Theoretically, yes (along with a few cables and antennas). The question is, will Ram retroactively activate the connected services for a VIN that was built without it once you install those parts. Historically, they won’t.

Is that something the dealer would do or Ram corporate? I wonder if, under the circumstances that it wasn’t me ordering without it but because of a chip shortage, they would perform this activation.

ms8091

Reaction score
Is that something the dealer would do or Ram corporate? I wonder if, under the circumstances that it wasn’t me ordering without it but because of a chip shortage, they would perform this activation.

@RamCares, is this something you could look into and let me know if I have any options? As of now, it looks like I have no options. Thank you.

Reaction score
I find it extremely frustrating that they deleted this from trucks and we all just have no ability to receive any updates?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I find it extremely frustrating that they deleted this from trucks and we all just have no ability to receive any updates?
You do have the ability to receive updates. Take it to dealer while under warranty. It's just a USB update.

FWIW, my 2020 does have it, but have never received an OTA update. I have manually installed updates I downloaded from a member here

Leolo

Reaction score

Very delayed reply to your post, but I just bought a 2022 Rebel and have the same -$250 delete. The only thing I notice is when I hit the "home" button on my screen I just get a spinning circle on a white background being displayed. Are you getting the same?

mkling

Reaction score
Very delayed reply to your post, but I just bought a 2022 Rebel and have the same -$250 delete. The only thing I notice is when I hit the "home" button on my screen I just get a spinning circle on a white background being displayed. Are you getting the same?
The home screen loading shouldn’t have anything to do with connected services. I get the same thing in my new bighorn. I reset the radio and it worked after that. If I try to change the theme it will do it again and won’t load home screen. Reset again and didn’t mess with theme and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread