5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connected services deleted

Leolo

Reaction score
The home screen loading shouldn’t have anything to do with connected services. I get the same thing in my new bighorn. I reset the radio and it worked after that. If I try to change the theme it will do it again and won’t load home screen. Reset again and didn’t mess with theme and it works fine.
Interesting and thank you! I just searched the manual pdf for a reset and didn't come up with anything. What's the procedure for reset?

Leolo

Reaction score
The home screen loading shouldn’t have anything to do with connected services. I get the same thing in my new bighorn. I reset the radio and it worked after that. If I try to change the theme it will do it again and won’t load home screen. Reset again and didn’t mess with theme and it works fine.
Was out with the wife last night and found the reset page. There were several to choose from including a factory reset. Didn't want to initiate them while we were out so exited and just went to the Home screen to show her what the issue was...and it worked. All I had to do was threaten a reset! It hasn't worked for the 2 weeks I owned the truck, have no idea why it is now.

mkling

Reaction score
Lol you scared it.
Maybe it just took a while to get sorted out. Who knows. I did the factory reset on mine and got it working but had to set everything up again. If I try to change the theme it will make the home screen stick loading again and I gave it hours to sort out. Had to reset a second time. Guess I can’t change theme. Everything else seems to work perfectly though.

Mebeadamb

Reaction score
I just picked up my new 22 RAM today and my home screen is stuck, "Loading data... Please wait..." For multiple key cycles and trips out and about.
I had not changed my theme at all.
Bugs suck!
My window sticker is also with the -$250 connect delete.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Hello. I am new here. First post. Picked up my Ram 1500 Big Horn yesterday.

Anyway, I had the issue where the Home Page would not load. I added a new profile, switched to it, and deleted the profile that was not working. Fixed it perfectly.

Also, be careful never to delete all of the Home Page ‘pages’. Not sure why the system would let you do this anyway.

Lastly, I have the “Connected Services Delete Credit”. Right out of the gate, the fact it is based on 4G LTE probably is an issue (since everything is 5G now). My wife’s 2016 Volvo had something similar based on a 3G telematics box. However, instead of the head unit connecting exclusively through the telematics box, it allowed you to pair it with a mobile hot spot, which I still do and the functions that you can do while driving work great (like sharing the connection over the built in Wi-Fi or using in-dash apps like Pandora). BUT many functions, like locating the car, locking the doors, or honking the horn remotely obviously do not work in this scenario (as when you are out of the car it cannot be connected to the mobile hot spot).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread