5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Condensation On The Inside?

jdavila99999

Reaction score
Hello @Thefamman, we are deeply sorry to hear about this poor experience in the past. We would like you to know that our team is available to you for support during these situations. As your advocate, we would be happy to work alongside your dealer during future servicing visits. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further assistance.

Kathryn
RamCares

How do I private message you Kathryn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
To PM anyone, right click on their username and select "Start conversation". You can also tag them by including @ in front of their username, like so...
@RamCares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @mikeru82 and @jdavila99999!

Appreciate the mention! We would be more than happy to assist with your vehicle concerns via private message and look forward to you contacting us.

Hannah
Ram Cares

NABohorquez763

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 Ram Laramie 4x2 which I purchased in July of 2020 brand new (with test driven miles <40) and since day one I noticed a whistling sound from inside the cabin windshield. I live in Los Angeles, and on our first winter rain I noticed condensation on the inside of all cabin windows. I took it to dealership in Torrance, CA and they “resealed” the front windshield. This “fix” did not solve the issue, service was terrible so I took it to Cerritos, CA dealership. Since then, they have over the next few seasons they have attempted to solve the condensation problem by:
- resealing front windshield (again)
- replacing front windshield
- finding cracked rear window seals (spontaneously cracked on a trip to the snow)
- replaced third brake light (twice) recently (1 month ago)

And now we get this freak winter storm (by California standards) and the rear window is leaking water as it rains. I like my truck but this is not worth the inconvenience of worrying about mold growing in my carpets.

Anyone considered or successfully gone through the lemon law process?? Please help as the dealer is trying to charge me for these issues because I’m at 38k miles (outside factory basic warranty).

As for it happening to other vehicles, my wife’s Subaru Forrester does not have this issues. I have owned many vehicles (Honda, Toyota, Subaru) and this has never happened before.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 Ram Laramie 4x2 which I purchased in July of 2020 brand new (with test driven miles <40) and since day one I noticed a whistling sound from inside the cabin windshield. I live in Los Angeles, and on our first winter rain I noticed condensation on the inside of all cabin windows. I took it to dealership in Torrance, CA and they “resealed” the front windshield. This “fix” did not solve the issue, service was terrible so I took it to Cerritos, CA dealership. Since then, they have over the next few seasons they have attempted to solve the condensation problem by:
- resealing front windshield (again)
- replacing front windshield
- finding cracked rear window seals (spontaneously cracked on a trip to the snow)
- replaced third brake light (twice) recently (1 month ago)

And now we get this freak winter storm (by California standards) and the rear window is leaking water as it rains. I like my truck but this is not worth the inconvenience of worrying about mold growing in my carpets.

Anyone considered or successfully gone through the lemon law process?? Please help as the dealer is trying to charge me for these issues because I’m at 38k miles (outside factory basic warranty).

As for it happening to other vehicles, my wife’s Subaru Forrester does not have this issues. I have owned many vehicles (Honda, Toyota, Subaru) and this has never happened before.
Hey!

We're sorry to hear you've experiencing all of this with your truck. If you'd like us to take a look into this for you, please DM Us! We may be able to get you some technical assistance with this.

Callie
Ram Cares

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
You have a leak. My truck has been in the shop for the last three weeks as they tried and failed to fix it, then really looked at it and discovered that the whole back window must be replaced. I imagine I'll have been without my truck for just over a month before they get it back to me.

I found water trails on my back glass where water had previously trickled down the glass, then dried, leaving small trails you could see if you looked close. Mine were fogging so badly the water was actually beading up and running down all the windows, getting behind the dash and door panels.

brenan00

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing this problem on FB, there is a whole group for it. Ram crackheads or something like that. It seem the back window gets hairline fractures in frame, third brake light, or shark fin. They also talk about th manifolds etc.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I get this something because my front defroster leaks. So if the windshield is not not enough from the sun, or driving at night, condensation will build up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online