5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Condensation On The Inside?

brawler1588

Reaction score
I keep getting condensation on the inside of my window yes the weather is getting colder here in NY but I thought this only happens if the inside is wet out there is moisture. Does that mean there is moisture somewhere im not seeing?

Attachments

• 20201104_170241.jpg
    20201104_170241.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 94

RamLink83

Reaction score
I get some condensation on my windshield on cold mornings when all the outside windows are covered in fog/dew. I really only notice it on the windshield. Its basically just fogged up. I didn't notice any water inside the cab. My truck gets blasted by the sun all day (it faces south) so I just assume the inside of the truck, especially the dash really warms up all day and then when it gets real cold, it fogs up from the residual heat in the truck.

But who knows with these trucks and all the water leaks. I could have some leak I haven't discovered yet.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Its just frustrating because unless I have the defroster on the windshield it can be hard to see and I keep having to clean the inside window.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That's basic physics. If you have water vapor inside and cold glass, you'll get condensation. It could be from a leak, or it could be wet carpet from you tracking it in. Wet clothes.

It would certainly be worth the time to crawl around with a flashlight looking for wet spots.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Its just frustrating because unless I have the defroster on the windshield it can be hard to see and I keep having to clean the inside window.

How long does it take for the defroster to take care of the condensation? Also do you have big water droplets or just a light fog? When my windshield is fogged up, it usually goes away in a few minutes.

knightro84

Reaction score
This is exactly how I discovered I had a leak. If you have a sunroof, check your drains out the back of the cab - seems to be the main culprit. Did the truck get rained on recently, or go through a car wash?

When we lived in Florida, my truck was garaged pretty much all the time. We just moved to SC and are staying in a rental for a short bit while our new build is being completed, and my truck won't fit in the garage at this house. When the remnants of Zeta came though the area, it got rained on quite a bit and a couple mornings later when it had cooled off considerably there was A LOT of condensation on the interior of ALL the windows. When I got home from the DMV I was checking for wet spots and the rear carpet was soaked. Checked the sunroof drains and the drain on the passenger side of the truck was hanging out of the rear of the cab (common problem from factory) so I fixed it and am hoping that is the only source of a leak. The headliner seemed dry and I didn't notice any water drops on the rear glass - so hoping that I don't have any leaking at the third brake light or around the rear window.

brawler1588

Reaction score
No moon roof, as for it to clear up it takes as long as it does for it to get a little heat but as soon as I shut it off it gets a little haze on the windshield more noticeable while in direct sunlight or night when headlights are shining

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Mine started doing this a week or two ago out of the blue. Brought to my dealer, water was leaking in from both the third brakelight and in at least one of the corners of the rear window. Waiting to hear back to make sure FCA are going to cover it (cant see why they wouldnt), then they’ll replace it.

You could have a leak there, or there are also areas under the A pillar.. sadly, no shortage of potential leak areas on our trucks. ☹️

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since the temps have dropped here in western New York state, I get condensation on the windshield when going through the car wash. The defroster clears it up in seconds.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042595 miles.

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi @brawler1588
We can certainly understand how this may be frustrating. We recommend having bringing this to the attention of your dealer to determine the cause of this concern. Please know that our team is available to you via private message for additional support if needed.

Kathryn
RamCares
Mine started doing this a week or two ago out of the blue. Brought to my dealer, water was leaking in from both the third brakelight and in at least one of the corners of the rear window. Waiting to hear back to make sure FCA are going to cover it (cant see why they wouldnt), then they’ll replace it.

You could have a leak there, or there are also areas under the A pillar.. sadly, no shortage of potential leak areas on our trucks. ☹️
We are happy to hear that your dealer was able to locate the source of your concern! Please feel free to send our team a private message for additional assistance if needed.

Kathryn
RamCares

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely check your driver side floor board for damp carpet. Known leak area. Also your 3rd brake light and rear window.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
raising my hand, i had same thing happen last week for the 1st time needed a hand towel to clear it, upstate ny here also😭my third brake
light is leaking in the rear window and on seats but wuld that make the front window get moisture inside?

Attachments

• FF80CC78-79C8-4EF4-A937-9EFC0729239A.jpeg
    FF80CC78-79C8-4EF4-A937-9EFC0729239A.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 31

sicpuppy

Reaction score
Since 2015 I have had 9 new cars and everyone fogged up on the windshield. Some more than others but all did. It's just the way most cars are now days.

Thefamman

Reaction score
I also can be added to the list for water leak. Be thankful I have video of mine with seats dripping water and storage flooded. But I can’t post them cause I was less than happy since I was told two days prior I had a oil leak.
my concern is a have now installed my ARE topper and I know the dealership is not equipped to care for that without damage. Heck they tried to repair oil pan gasket now the oil pours out when engine is running so now my truck is sitting unusable until they decide how to proceed. Oh ya I posted pics of the oil pan they destroyed while they attempted this repair as well. Don’t get me started on the ac what the fact it blows warm or that I can’t run it for long without turning on my windshield wipers cause obviously a vent is stuck open and makes it hard to see out the windshield. BTW I love in Florida so ya.
my first dodge purchase and def my last.

RamCares

Reaction score
I also can be added to the list for water leak. Be thankful I have video of mine with seats dripping water and storage flooded. But I can’t post them cause I was less than happy since I was told two days prior I had a oil leak.
my concern is a have now installed my ARE topper and I know the dealership is not equipped to care for that without damage. Heck they tried to repair oil pan gasket now the oil pours out when engine is running so now my truck is sitting unusable until they decide how to proceed. Oh ya I posted pics of the oil pan they destroyed while they attempted this repair as well. Don’t get me started on the ac what the fact it blows warm or that I can’t run it for long without turning on my windshield wipers cause obviously a vent is stuck open and makes it hard to see out the windshield. BTW I love in Florida so ya.
my first dodge purchase and def my last.
Hello @Thefamman, we are deeply sorry to hear about this poor experience in the past. We would like you to know that our team is available to you for support during these situations. As your advocate, we would be happy to work alongside your dealer during future servicing visits. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further assistance.

Kathryn
RamCares

Thefamman

Reaction score
I keep getting condensation on the inside of my window yes the weather is getting colder here in NY but I thought this only happens if the inside is wet out there is moisture. Does that mean there is moisture somewhere im not seeing?
Yes it does

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No moon roof, as for it to clear up it takes as long as it does for it to get a little heat but as soon as I shut it off it gets a little haze on the windshield more noticeable while in direct sunlight or night when headlights are shining

I live in New York as well and we've had lots of rain, then snow. The floor mats in my truck remain wet most of the time lately because my drives have not been long enough to dry them out. So I get a little fog on the windows.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044703 miles.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Also check under your back seat and make sure there isn't anything blocking air flow to the cab vents. When I blocked off my vents there was a terrible amount of condensation in the cab

jdavila99999

Reaction score

You could have a leak there, or there are also areas under the A pillar.. sadly, no shortage of potential leak areas on our trucks.

My truck has an internal leak .
Since I bought it brand new.
It has been in and out .
Dealership sent it to a body shop.
They removed the fender and sealed.
Got it back and it did it again .
Let them them know asap.
They said oh well .
When we get a loaner we will look at it again …….
Nothing since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread