5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparison - Pedal Commander vs Pulsar

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put it in Sport + and plus 4 and floored it. Then this picture happened. Told me to service throttle and traction control.

Check engine light, traction control light and 3 other lights I don’t know. This piece of junk is going back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 64

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check engine light, traction control light and 3 other lights I don’t know. This piece of junk is going back.

Turned it on and off multiple times. All other lights went away but the check engine light remains on.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turned it on and off multiple times. All other lights went away but the check engine light remains on.
Disconnect your negative battery cable, and reconnect. Light should clear. You will need a 10mm socket I believe.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Put it in Sport + and plus 4 and floored it. Then this picture happened. Told me to service throttle and traction control.
Ooopsie.

Glad I followed my intuition to stay out of the devil's playground :devilish::giggle:

Did light lights go away upon restart or battery disconnect?

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Disconnect your negative battery cable, and reconnect. Light should clear. You will need a 10mm socket I believe.
Why would it have set all those codes off? I thought this thing never did that.
Probably spooked the pcm - couldnt keep up with input readings .... I think battery disconnect will probably work (it has on stuff like that in past vehicles I've had).

If you left it in those settings and modulated the throttle (instead of flooring it), it probably wouldn't happen.

I don't see a usefulness for Sport plus in high settings for street or offroad truck. Maybe with super grippy tires (drag radials or something) there could be a benefit. Definitely overboard for daily driving (imo).

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Ok
I wouldn't ditch it based on what you did... of course it's qyour decision.

The instructions do say, sport plus is for drag racing (iirc)...

When I ran it in normal Sport +1, 2, 3 - I knew Sport plus would be way overkill for street use.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok
I wouldn't ditch it based on what you did... of course it's qyour decision.

The instructions do say, sport plus is for drag racing (iirc)...

When I ran it in normal Sport +1, 2, 3 - I knew Sport plus would be way overkill for street use.
I just wanted to see all ends of the spectrum before landing somewhere in the middle. I haven’t disconnected the battery yet. Left the Ram at home and went to a friends house for a New Years Eve Party.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just wanted to see all ends of the spectrum before landing somewhere in the middle. I haven’t disconnected the battery yet. Left the Ram at home and went to a friends house for a New Years Eve Party.
When you reconnect the battery, let the truck sit for 20-30 minutes so that all systems can reboot before you start it. If you don’t, systems like AC, XM, Controls will be unavailable.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would it have set all those codes off? I thought this thing never did that.
I know I did this once with my Raptor. Ran the pedal commander in the highest mode stacked with a tune from MPT...dash lit up like a Christmas Tree when I gunned it. I think it sends signals that are WAY outside normal parameters and the PCM gets overloaded trying to process. Disconnected all, battery reset, and all was good when I reloaded my tune.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Just ordered the PC. XMAS50 ($50 off) is still valid thru midnight

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bdm219

Reaction score
I have my PC set to regular Sport plus 2 and it's great fun. I will try out Sport plus 1 and decide between the two. Overall, it eliminated my pedal lag and the throttle is very responsive. The pedal lag bothered me to no end.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I started at city +2. Ran 15 mins at sport +4, over kill for my driving style. for the past week, i’ve settled on city +4. Very nice off the line acceleration if I wish to be first .

I’m in City 2 also. Afraid I will get in trouble with more than that. Might try it on my JLUR and see if I need to buy another PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I disconnected the battery. Engine light went away. I switched it down to City 2 and didn’t even put it in drive and it set off the lights again.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I disconnected the battery. Engine light went away. I switched it down to City 2 and didn’t even put it in drive and it set off the lights again.
Try unplugging the PC and going back to stock... I'd do bat disconnect again at that point - and see if light stays off.

I've read quite a bit about this unit (here and other forums) and have never seen anyone have this issue.

Crownie

Reaction score
Love this thing, but when I use the bluetooth to change settings, it throws all kinds of codes. It doesn't do it when I use the unit itself, only when using the app. I disconnected the negative battery cable, cleared everything out and and tried again with the app. Same thing. Now I only use the unit to change settings with no issues, but can't hide it like I would like to. Anyone else experience this.
Even with this issue, still happy and loving this thing.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love this thing, but when I use the bluetooth to change settings, it throws all kinds of codes. It doesn't do it when I use the unit itself, only when using the app. I disconnected the negative battery cable, cleared everything out and and tried again with the app. Same thing. Now I only use the unit to change settings with no issues, but can't hide it like I would like to. Anyone else experience this.
Even with this issue, still happy and loving this thing.
I have a feeling that’s my problem too

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I have a feeling that’s my problem too
Don't have mine installed yet but are you changing on the fly while driving, stopped with engine on or stopped just key on? Wondering if it makes a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DesertRebel

Reaction score
^^^ I change mine while stopped, engine running... don't know if it makes a difference, but I seem to remember the instructions suggesting that (I could be wrong, but it hasn't presented any problems for me).

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Instructions suggest changing settings while stopped but does not need to be placed in park. My first issue happened when on the fastest setting and flooring it. I disconnected the negative battery and it cleared. I left the truck in park and used the app to change to City plus 2 and the dash lot back up like a Christmas tree again. Didn’t even put it in drive.

Users who are viewing this thread