5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparison - Pedal Commander vs Pulsar

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Debating between the PC and Pulsar currently. From what I've been reading I'm thinking PC is the way to go. Although I have a 19 Laramie and on their website I only see trim options for everything else besides Laramie. Is that correct?
What is the end goal for installing either of these? They aren't really products that should be directly compared as they serve different purposes. The pedal commander ONLY changes the throttle response and has many different levels of adjustment for how sensitive you want the pedal

The Pulsar changes engine performance as well as throttle sensitivity. But you can't adjust the throttle sensitivity, it's just preset based on the performance setting you choose of stock, economy, tow, or performance.

Pedal commander gives you the placebo of the truck being faster because it just reacts to pedal input quicker. Pulsar actually changes the performance of the engine along with pedal input

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
I personally like the instant response. The delay from the factory was noticeable. The PC is instantaneous and allows you to utilize the full capability of the Hemi. However, as don't want the transmission issue, if that is the culprit.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I personally like the instant response. The delay from the factory was noticeable. The PC is instantaneous and allows you to utilize the full capability of the Hemi. However, as don't want the transmission issue, if that is the culprit.
The pedal commander does nothing to change the capability of the Hemi, or how you utilize it. The same thing can be accomplished by just pushing the pedal further down. WOT is WOT whether you have the PC or not. The PC just effects how quickly it ramps up the signal until you hit WOT. So at 25% pedal position, stock you get 25% throttle opening. With the PC set to sport, instead of 25% throttle opening, it may actually be 35% throttle opening for same pedal position.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
The pedal commander does nothing to change the capability of the Hemi, or how you utilize it. The same thing can be accomplished by just pushing the pedal further down. WOT is WOT whether you have the PC or not. The PC just effects how quickly it ramps up the signal until you hit WOT. So at 25% pedal position, stock you get 25% throttle opening. With the PC set to sport, instead of 25% throttle opening, it may actually be 35% throttle opening for same pedal position.
For me, like I mentioned, the pedal response was night and day with the PC attached. Yuuuuuge difference. I just don't want the PC to mess with the transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread