5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comma.ai

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've ran experimental on my ram

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
Doesn't do anything at this time. Maybe follow off an exit if you have Nav set, but it doesn't control gas/brake so no reason to run it.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Doesn't do anything at this time. Maybe follow off an exit if you have Nav set, but it doesn't control gas/brake so no reason to run it.
I believe it also changes how it evaluates turns at less than highway speeds

nemecham

Reaction score
Just to be clear, to engage openpilot do I just enable ACC above 32mph and it should automatically kick in?

grimloktt

Reaction score
Just to be clear, to engage openpilot do I just enable ACC above 32mph and it should automatically kick in?
But as previously mentioned, your screen should show what is sees shortly after turning it on. Before even starting to drive

vincentw56

Reaction score
I believe it also changes how it evaluates turns at less than highway speeds

No, it doesn't. Like I said, it doesn't really do anything on the Ram yet.

nemecham

Reaction score
But as previously mentioned, your screen should show what is sees shortly after turning it on. Before even starting to drive

I have yet to see that at any point. Is it possible that this could be a faulty device? I am doing a reset now.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have yet to see that at any point. Is it possible that this could be a faulty device? I am doing a reset now.
It's possible. Or you could also have bad wiring. Have you checked the wiring?

grimloktt

Reaction score
If you can't get it to work, id factory reset the unit and reinstall fork

nemecham

Reaction score
So I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the fork a few times and no luck. Even tried the factory reset at flash.comma.ai and am still getting the same thing. I have already opened a support ticket with comma ai just to get the ball rolling. Tomorrow, I will try a new ethernet cable and see if that works. Other than that, I might be out of luck until I hear back from comma. Question - would I be able to test the front facing camera on a working device just by connecting power within my house or does it need to be connected to the truck before it will come on? Would someone mind posting a video of the full bootup process so I know what to expect?

vincentw56

Reaction score
So I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the fork a few times and no luck. Even tried the factory reset at flash.comma.ai and am still getting the same thing. I have already opened a support ticket with comma ai just to get the ball rolling. Tomorrow, I will try a new ethernet cable and see if that works. Other than that, I might be out of luck until I hear back from comma. Question - would I be able to test the front facing camera on a working device just by connecting power within my house or does it need to be connected to the truck before it will come on? Would someone mind posting a video of the full bootup process so I know what to expect?
It could be an issue with the black box not switching when it gets a signal from the truck. When the truck is off but the Comma is on, it won't show the camera view. But once the truck is in run (doesn't have to be running), the camera view shows.

ColoradoGuy

Reaction score
Hello all, I love that this thread is still active!

I've been contemplating the purchase of a new RAM 1500 for a few years and comma for the past year. I've pulled the trigger on both and wanted to see what the general consensus was from all of you about which fork and ideal settings made the winning combo.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score

I've been contemplating the purchase of a new RAM 1500 for a few years and comma for the past year. I've pulled the trigger on both and wanted to see what the general consensus was from all of you about which fork and ideal settings made the winning combo.

The best place is discord as we are much more active there. But SunnyPilot is the goto fork with NNLC enabled.

grimloktt

Reaction score

These are the settings Trooper suggested and work best for me.
9bd9e7df15144139c6afd28107b2d0a8.jpg

vincentw56

Reaction score
These are the settings Trooper suggested and work best for me.
9bd9e7df15144139c6afd28107b2d0a8.jpg

I wouldn't suggest using that unless you experience issues with what I provided. Most trucks don't have issues. But it's good that we have options if there are some issues. When I get back from vacation, I'll going to try to look into the oscillating steering wheel issue that some have. I've got some of the 2024 HDs running now. Just need to tweak this steering issue.

nemecham

Reaction score
It could be an issue with the black box not switching when it gets a signal from the truck. When the truck is off but the Comma is on, it won't show the camera view. But once the truck is in run (doesn't have to be running), the camera view shows.

Black box as in the OBD to Ethernet connector? I placed a ticket with support a few days ago but haven’t heard back yet. Maybe I will order another one on Amazon just to test while I wait.

What has the collective experience been like with support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
Black box as in the one to Ethernet connector? Maybe I’ll order I placed a ticket with support a few days ago but haven’t heard back yet. Maybe I will order another one on Amazon just to test while I wait.

What has the collective experience been like with, support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Support is hit and miss. Just depends on the day I guess. I've been lucky and haven't had to use them.

And yes, the black box all the wires plug into including the ethernet cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online