5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colored Ambient Lighting (Dash and Doors)

Nick57

Reaction score
So my 21 Laramie has the ambient lighting everywhere EXCEPT the 3 dash spots. :( When I pulled the screen to install my naviks I looked for the lights and they are not there. I did not look deeper for extra wiring for them. Do we know anything about this?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if they had any traction with this for Bighorns outside of the footwells? I wonder what the work would look like to add the ambient lighting from the Laramie/Limited packages.

Please tell me your joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FM45

Reaction score
Anybody wanting to do this, it "IS" possible to add the OEM ambient dash lights.
Parts needed--
Led Lights-
68312667AB Qty 2
68291948AC Qty 1
Wiring Harness-
A custom harness can be made by using 68340401AC -- this is for the door leds, but it was modified for use in this
project....
The harness has two wires, one is ground the other is the ambient side--
Just a note, the OEM leds aren't the brightest - they weren't designed that way, so if you want the in your face super bright colorful leds - prior to mounting - order your desired color and change the boards...

edit-- Added Pics

Glove.jpg Push.jpg

-=FM45=-

Last edited:

Nick57

Reaction score
Anybody wanting to do this, it "IS" possible to add the OEM ambient dash lights.
Parts needed--
Led Lights-
68312667AB Qty 2
68291948AC Qty 1
Wiring Harness-
A custom harness can be made by using 68340401AC -- this is for the door leds, but it was modified for use in this
project....
The harness has two wires, one is ground the other is the ambient side--
Just a note, the OEM leds aren't the brightest - they weren't designed that way, so if you want the in your face super bright colorful leds - prior to mounting - order your desired color and change the boards...

-=FM45=-
Have you done this? do you have any pictures if you did? Possibly a full write up? Thanks :)

FM45

Reaction score
@ Nick-- Yes -- done it to my Bighorn... doing all 4 doors in the near future... I will get a write up together... it's going to be a little... i got 3 write-ups ahead of this one ...
This write-up from Paragoptics will show the placement of the dash leds---

-=FM45=-

Ram Runner

Reaction score
So my 21 Laramie has the ambient lighting everywhere EXCEPT the 3 dash spots. :( When I pulled the screen to install my naviks I looked for the lights and they are not there. I did not look deeper for extra wiring for them. Do we know anything about this?
There's a note on the Paragoptics site that states the 2021 Laramie kits don't have the dash lights and therefore the set is cheaper than for other trims. Not sure why Ram made the change for Laramie in 2021.

Nick57

Reaction score
There's a note on the Paragoptics site that states the 2021 Laramie kits don't have the dash lights and therefore the set is cheaper than for other trims. Not sure why Ram made the change for Laramie in 2021.
Neither do I, but I'm not overly happy about it

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following this. I want blue ambient lighting, but not sure it’s worth pulling panels and soldering. I have simply painted LEDs for certain craft/hobby applications to tint the light
So this painting to tint the light has worked in the past? Seems like the way to go. I want blue, but agree with the red. I use red in our patrol car so u can see out of the vehicle better

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
@Atrophaeus ....
I'm in MASS... but willing to help in any way.... this mod is actually very doable for any skill level...

-=FM45=-
Did you buy the wiring harness and lights directly from the dealer? My Rebel has LED but only footwell/map/and one on each side of the panoramic roof, but ultimately I want/wish I had the ambient on the dash and door panels. Just need to figure out the best way to accomplish this and preferably OEM route if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread